Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Celebrities at DLR?

Quote Originally Posted by oodelally View Post
    Last year, I saw Sarah Hyland and Terry Crews (separately).
    Of all the "stars" everyone has mentioned, Terry Crews totally caught my attention. I love that guy! I'd probably lose it if I saw Terry Crews in the parks! He's awsome but probably not quite famous enough to warrent the type of attention Emma Watson or Adam Sandler does.

Nobody is that important to have an entire ride (Teacups) to themselves while the public has to wait through an entire cycle. It's not like the ride is down and they are waiting. An entitled "star" wants the ride all to himself. Pssh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillchat View Post
    Nobody is that important to have an entire ride (Teacups) to themselves while the public has to wait through an entire cycle. It's not like the ride is down and they are waiting. An entitled "star" wants the ride all to himself. Pssh.
    The ride is less than two minutes long, that wait really won't kill anybody. Plus, you don't even know if it was the "star" who wanted it all to himself. The plaids could of done it to avoid people doing dangerous things on the ride, like hanging out of the vehicle to get a picture. Or having guests ambush him during the loading/unloading process, which would make the wait time even longer. People can be stupid around celebrities. Imagine Kobe trying to wait in line like the average guest, it would be chaos. And much more disruptive to park operations then giving his family two minutes.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda949 View Post
    Of all the "stars" everyone has mentioned, Terry Crews totally caught my attention. I love that guy! I'd probably lose it if I saw Terry Crews in the parks! He's awsome but probably not quite famous enough to warrent the type of attention Emma Watson or Adam Sandler does.
    I will say my daughters went nuts when we saw Dr. Sean Bush. Took all they had not to get a pic with him.

They did get a pic with Gilles Maraini, but not while he was with him family, and he volunteered.

And a pic with Derek Theler

If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

The only people acting entitled are the ones acting like they deserve a piece of Kobe Bryant and his daughters because they happen to be at Disneyland when they are. Riding alone is simply an answer to the way all of us act towards them.

Fair enough. I just don't get the excitement of seeing a celebrity at Disneyland and trying to get an autograph or photo, especially while you're at Disneyland. Even if I saw my favorite stars there (which they wouldn't go to play in the park unless they were filming something important since they're actually legends with 40+ years in show business), I wouldn't go ambush them. I don't care if the ride wait is an extra 2 minutes or an hour. Their presence is too much of a distraction. I feel sorry for the children of celebrities who didn't ask for their parents to be famous.

• Nerd

Seal and Heidi Klum were there a couple of days ago with their kids. also toting a rather large entourage.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

DH & sis were waiting for us near exit at btmrr this past week & saw seal & family with plaids.

• I'm a fiddle player......

Got this pic of Russell Simmons on RSR on May 24th. Also saw Brandy while we were in line for RSR

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda949 View Post
    I was waiting for the Pixar Parade to begin, and he was pushing a stroller through the crowd, just like everyone else.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    THIS. I can understand seeing your idol, but imagine a group of people following/stalking your family, taking pics/video of your family while you try to vacation. I don't care how much they earn, how many movies they make, they deserve family time too.
    I agree with this completely. The celebs are people like everyone else, they're not working, and they deserve the same leisure and family time as anyone else. They should be able to come to the park and have a good time without being harassed, bothered or constantly hit up for photos and autographs.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

I happen to have met two and shook their hand, I didn't seek them out, it just happened that they were standing right next to me. Recognition, handshake and done.......

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Whipland View Post
    Then do a Michael Jackson thing and rent out the park for yourself and have a private party. Requesting extra log boats is going too far.
    I'm not sure that I agree that closing down the entire park is less of a nuisance than asking for a couple logs to give them space... And I really think that someone like Adam Sandler would be a victim of hecklers. I've heard several stories on here of people running into him at the parks and him being very gracious. I don't think he would make such a request just to prove something.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Agree. They get paid well for being celebrities, and they in turn pay a price ...
    It is rare that fame is forced on them - with no compensation.

(On the other hand, I guess I just don't completely understand how nutsy people can get over various "celebs" anyway. )

ive seen the guy who plays mac on its always sunny in philadelphia there and also seth green once

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast