Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: How do they know when your child is too old?

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post

So while I think the silhouettes are an awesome idea and will help those parents who are honest, I don't think it will do anything at all to alleviate the issues caused by those parents who think the rules shouldn't apply to their kid.
    I agree with you about parents who are knowingly trying to bend the rules. My idea is more about about putting those parents on notice right up front at the gate. It also would act as a deterrent for others who think they are going to play the "I wasn't aware game" inside the park to have to pass by a billboard with the exact restrictions spelled out in front of them. It might also help some families who might be genuinely confused about the height restrictions. My daughter was disappointed when she could not ride on Indy after being tall enough for many months to ride on the Matterhorn. We just assumed that there was one height requirement for the coasters.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdycm View Post
    Haha, this is an old idea that got tried in the 90s and guests/CMs suggest it all the time. The reason why we can't have nice things is guests were transferring wristbands to their shorter kids. Oh, and an auditor won't buy the CM's excuse of "But the child was wearing the correct wristband!" when a 2 year old sneaks on to Splash Mountain. The auditor fails the attraction, it has to go down for at least a month or two, and at least 300k guests miss an E-ticket during peak season.(As far as I know CM error during an audit was never severe enough to cause an E-ticket shutdown but it's entirely possible.)

The height system for admission would help clear up the entrances to Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Racers, Tower of Terror, Star Tours, etc. since most of the height check drama/temper tantrums would take place at the Main Gate and us Attractions CMs would deal with a fraction of the height check problems we currently deal with. In between juggling uncooperative Single Riders, guests moving to the front row without telling us, guests meeting up with their party at the last minute, celebrities, broken/dirty vehicles, etc., Grouper at several E-tickets has a ton on their plate. Having fewer borderline kids to height check at Grouper would help us out at Racers and other E-tickets so much. Getting more guests to ride the most popular E-ticket in the world every day with a shorter wait is something everyone wants and shifting 80% of height check delays from Racers to Main Gate would definitely up our hourly counts. So, yeah, I'm a little bit biased in favor of height-based admission tickets.

When they tried it in the 90's were they paper wristbands? I know the wrist bands have changed over the years and the current bands used for special events aren't easily removed without breaking them as my kids have tried every time to get them off without breaking them and never managed.

I was also think they would come in more than one color maybe 4 or 5 to sync up with the various height restrictions. And I wonder who would the parents swap tags with if they could get them off? If little Bill traded his blue band for his big brothers green band then the big brother couldn't ride Indy.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mackster View Post
    When they tried it in the 90's were they paper wristbands? I know the wrist bands have changed over the years and the current bands used for special events aren't easily removed without breaking them as my kids have tried every time to get them off without breaking them and never managed.
    No, when they did them in 2002/2003, they used the good plastic ones. But as someone who has to wear those suckers a couple times a month, you learn how you can get them off fairly quickly. I usually have to wear them for 3 day weekends, can slip them off to shower, and get them back on.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345