Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• formerly very helpful

Re: What to wear, what to wear....

My family has never done this, but I get a kick out of the families who wear matching fluorescent colored shirts. It sure does make them easy to spot in a crowd.

• Seed and Mulch

Name:  mo27Cn_ySwpeVW6I6BxghpQ.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  14.9 KB

I've had this Captain EO pin since 1987 and I've always worn it when walking around the parks (usually on a wind breaker or camera strap). During the period of time when Captain EO was gone (long before "pin trading") it got lots of thumbs-up from Disneyphile strangers.

During my only WDW trip since Captain EO's return, I tried to get a pin with the Horizons logo on it (to kind of accomplish the same thing), but apparently Disney (who sells hundreds of different pins) doesn't think ones with old EPCOT Center logos would sell because I couldn't find one anywhere.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I usually wear one of my Disney shirts as I have several ranging from Minnie Mouse, Pooh Bear & Nightmare Before Christmas to Toy Story, Monsters Inc, the Florida Orange Bird, Tiki Room and even a custom Duffy shirt I mad made up (yes I like the bear... deal with it) and one where Tigger is dressed as the 11th Doctor from Doctor Who (I've gotten a lot of compliments on that one).

Other times I'll just wear a plan t-shirt. It just depends on my mood.

• Selfie Expert

I almost always wear my Star Wars shirt that I bought at the park on one of the days in the parks. Since I had a "costume" for the 24 hr event, I changed into the shirt for the flight home.

Don't have any photos available on my work computer, but almost any previous TR is pretty likely to have a photo of me in it.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• MargyDisneylandLover

I almost always start my trip wearing my "I'm going to the Disneyland resort" t-shirt. Other days will be assorted Disneyland/character shirts
    My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
    Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    ~* Uncle Walt *~
    2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I usually wear one of my Disney shirts as I have several ranging from Minnie Mouse, Pooh Bear & Nightmare Before Christmas to Toy Story, Monsters Inc, the Florida Orange Bird, Tiki Room and even a custom Duffy shirt I mad made up (yes I like the bear... deal with it) and one where Tigger is dressed as the 11th Doctor from Doctor Who (I've gotten a lot of compliments on that one).

Other times I'll just wear a plan t-shirt. It just depends on my mood.
    I would love to see that Tigger/Doctor Who shirt. Shirts with Tigger dressed as the Doctor are cool.

• Selfie Expert

A little OT, but if you love Doctor Who you should check out Teefury and RiptApparel. They have new designs every day, and it seems about a third of the designs are Doctor Who related, often mashed up with Disney!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• formerly very helpful

Thanks for the tip!

• Down Pluto!

Pants. ...check
    Shirt. ...check
    Shoes. ...check

No longer a question or an issue.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

It depends on the type of day I'm going for, but I try to wear resort attire just in case we decide to have dinner or drinks at the Grand Californian or someplace else.

I think one of the problems with SoCal is that sometimes people are too casual. T-shirts, thongs and cargo shorts are okay for roller coasters but not okay in resort lounges and dining rooms, and men wearing hats at dinner is also a big no-no. If you wear a baseball cap indoors at a restaurant it lowers your IQ 50%. Wear it backwards--- take off another 50%.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I would love to see that Tigger/Doctor Who shirt. Shirts with Tigger dressed as the Doctor are cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    A little OT, but if you love Doctor Who you should check out Teefury and RiptApparel. They have new designs every day, and it seems about a third of the designs are Doctor Who related, often mashed up with Disney!
    Started this thread because of comments like these.
    Doctor Who and Disneyland

I don't wear anything specific. It really depends on how hot it's going to be, because let's face it, SoCal only has Spring and Summer
    But I do always try to wear my Reef flip-flops that I bought years ago. They're really great quality and are worn in so well that they perfectly contour to my feet. They're the most comfortable shoes I own and have ever owned. The only time I don't wear them to the park is if it's raining but that doesn't happen often.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda949 View Post
    I don't wear anything specific. It really depends on how hot it's going to be, because let's face it, SoCal only has Spring and Summer
    But I do always try to wear my Reef flip-flops that I bought years ago. They're really great quality and are worn in so well that they perfectly contour to my feet. They're the most comfortable shoes I own and have ever owned. The only time I don't wear them to the park is if it's raining but that doesn't happen often.

I have 2 pairs of Underarmour flips that are the most comfy things I have. But I did just buy a pair of Go-Walk deck shoes that I'm currently breaking in as backups. I really hate wearing shoes, end of. So far these are pretty darn comfy.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

•   

I wear just a t-shirt or a Mickey shirt. I don't like when people go too fancy.
    ~CeceliaMouse DISNEYLAND💎

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    I'm a proud member of Vader's Fist, the 501st. I have a black shirt with a white Imperial cog with white Mickey ears on it. It is my "must wear" shirt to DLR. ALWAYS gets lots of positive comments from both cast and guests.
    As much as I'd love to join a local 501st branch, according to their rules, what/who I want to portray doesn't count. But, it is cool that you're a member.

I often wear one of my villians shirts - Maleficent, Evil Queen, Hook. I'll sometimes "Disney Bound" instead, with color schemed outfits. I do have my Indiana Jones hat I bought at the park in 2010 that I usually wear, whether it clashes or not, for protection from the evil ball of radiation above.

My husband often wears his Tron shirts, Marvel shirts, Star Wars shirts (Empire only) or one of his Disneyland <insert year here> shirts and his Indiana hat.

And of course, comfortable shoes.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast