Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• formerly very helpful

What to wear, what to wear....

One issue that many Disneyland fans have to face each time is what to wear. Some people wear clothes adorned with Mickey or Princesses. Others favor Tinkerbelle. Some are a bit rebels, and will wear their non-Disney attire. And there are others who don't wear anything themed at all.

Me, I value a shirt I bought while visiting Marceline, MO, Walt Disney's boyhood town. This may sound silly, but I feel like it helps bring a certain amount of closeness to Uncle Walt and Disneyland's origins, since so many of his ideas for Disneyland can be traced back to that small town.

Here is me, with my girls, all wearing our Marceline shirts, in front of the Hotel Marceline facade on Main Street.

I also have a Doctor Who shirt I like to wear, since it generates a lot of comments from guests and cast members when they see it.

And now, the question:
    Is there anything you try to wear all the time when you go to Disneyland? If so, what and why? Pictures would be great to go with the stories.

Re: What to wear, what to wear....

I always have to wear one of my Disney Shirts and some sort of hat. I have too many shirts to post a pic of each and my hats include my glow with the show ears, my graduation ears, or my Fix-It-Felix shirt. I don't know why, but I just like feeling in theme with my clothing. Like when I saw Captain America in theaters I, naturally, wore my Cap shirt.
    The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!

• Minion

I don't usually wear anything special. If it's a hot day I wear a baseball cap with Donald Duck on it (which was a gift), though I've taken to wearing a small Scar button I got in the Emporium.

• The doctor is in

I always make sure I am wearing comfortable shoes

But seriously, I don't really have any specific outfits or articles of clothing I always try and wear at least once. I usually wear whatever is comfortable and practical whether it's Disney merch or not. Just about the only thing I do always make sure I have with me is a hat.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Chief Troublemaker

I have Disney tshirts that I wear. Minnie Mouse, Disney 2014 & 2014, and a tshirt I bought years ago that has 'Princess' appliquéd on it in Disney font. My other Minnie t shirt is now too raggy to wear in public, so I'm 'short' a shirt for my 5 days in the Parks. Looks like someone is going shopping in the Parks for a new shirt

BTW cute kids! And I love the leopard trilby!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Done with MC.

I have to wear what I call my Indiana Jones hat. (Which I bought at DLR)
    Just feels right!

• "Always On The Move..."

I'm a proud member of Vader's Fist, the 501st. I have a black shirt with a white Imperial cog with white Mickey ears on it. It is my "must wear" shirt to DLR. ALWAYS gets lots of positive comments from both cast and guests.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

I wear anything comfortable (T-shirt, cargo-style pants or capris and some type of sneakers). If I have a Disney character item, that's even better! I have worn my visor with Mickey Mouse in a lei and swim trunks holding a surfboard during some of my most recent trips. I got my first lanyard this year and wore new pins while I was at the park.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    I'm a proud member of Vader's Fist, the 501st. I have a black shirt with a white Imperial cog with white Mickey ears on it. It is my "must wear" shirt to DLR. ALWAYS gets lots of positive comments from both cast and guests.
    That sounds cool. You need to post a photo.

• Rock Star Minion

Yes, this is all very silly. To think anyone has to ponder what to wear at Disneyland, just so very obsessive...

I have a tiki shirt with Mickey/Donald/Goofy/Pluto somewhat hidden on them. I bought it at a Aloha Shirts store (so, second-hand). That is what I wear.
    When it's chillier, I have a sweatshirt from WDW with the five parks' logos and established dates.
    So, no, I don't have to think about it. I already know what I'll be wearing.

I'd post a picture, but I have no idea how to do that. I'll try to find the same one online...

Hey, I'm back!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/DISNEY-Rare-...ht_1624wt_1124

Says it's "rare," but I saw someone with the exact same shirt at the post office one day.
    Doesn't seem that this link will be there forever (it's e-bay), so here:

Last edited by sediment; 06-02-2014 at 05:24 PM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Done with MC.

Very cool shirt Sediment. I think I've seen something similar at the park for sale.

• Rock Star Minion

But, but, it's rare!!!
    I got it for $20.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

I do like to either Disneybound or wear a geeky t-shirt.

When I was meeting Cap at Innoventions, the Cast Member took note of my SHIELD shirt. He asked, "Have you seen the new movie?" "No." "Well, when you see it, you probably won't want to wear that shirt for awhile..."

Saw it that night. I was tempted to rip the shirt right off.

• Under that tree again!

I wear button down shirts and polos most of the time and tees sometimes, just to be a little more dressy.

I like resort specific stuff too, and have a big collection. Mostly attraction focused. I do have a lot of Mickey clothing too.

But here is the funny thing. I wear the WDW stuff to DLR, and the DLR stuff to WDW.

Sneakers always.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Disneyland Bum

I usually wear my mickey ears (Not the classic ones, but the Mickey Mouse Club logo baseball cap type with ears that stick up), one of my many DLR Shirts I have gotten over the years and my pin collection around my neck. I enjoy wearing my pins whenever I go to the parks because people comment on them and I always like to get more pins.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast