Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31

Thread: Frozenland

  1. #16

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    959

    Re: Frozenland

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Davidson View Post
    Most, if not all of the Fantasyland attractions were themed to a Disney movie! In fact, Disneyland was created by people in the film industry! But yeah if they ever do a Frozen ride it should probably be near the Matterhorn.
    Well most, the Matterhorn and Small World aren't really themed to a movie (IASW excluding the characters inside cause those were added later). Matterhorn/Motor Boat Cruise/former Fantasyland Autopia is the right place for a Frozen land (I'd prefer just a single attraction) should it happen.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

  2. #17

    • Former Churro Jockey
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Westminster, CA
    Posts
    1,507

    Re: Frozenland

    So I finally saw Frozen this past weekend, and I actually did watch it thinking about a possible land or ride at Disneyland since there has been so much talk about it here on MiceChat (from fans, not from Disney). Arandale does have a Bavarian look to it, which is what Fantasyland is themed to, so I could see it fitting. I could see them building a mini-Arandale where the motorboat lagoon is now and the buildings would basically look like the rest of Fantasyland only covered in snow. It could probably have a Frozen dark ride, gift shop (or five), a frozen slushy stand, and a restaurant. It would probably look pretty good next to the Matterhorn, even though the two have nothing to do with one another. Disneyland needs something new so why not?
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

    My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

  3. #18

    • keh!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,970

    Re: Frozenland

    The land would probably be "okay" just like the movie.

  4. #19

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    420

    Re: Frozenland

    You did a good job, but I also think you have it located in the wrong place. FROZEN would fit beautifully at the eastern edge of Fantasyland since it's a very popular Disney fantasy movie (like PETER PAN, ALICE IN WONDERLAND, DUMBO, etc.) and the The Matterhorn is right there. And there is space since the Motor Boat Cruise area is not being used.

    I also think a full land is unnecessary. Disneyland proper shouldn't have a new land, especially one based on just a single movie. One really great E-Ticket attraction would be perfect. Something like Radiator Springs Racers that is totally immersive and thrilling. But not too thrilling so the very young (say around two years old) can still experience it. Another dark ride where you just slowly go through the scenes in the movie would be disappointing in Disneyland. Disney California Adventure could use one or two more dark rides, but Disneyland itself needs an E-Ticket.

  5. #20

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    117

    Re: Frozenland

    Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    Well most, the Matterhorn and Small World aren't really themed to a movie (IASW excluding the characters inside cause those were added later). Matterhorn/Motor Boat Cruise/former Fantasyland Autopia is the right place for a Frozen land (I'd prefer just a single attraction) should it happen.

    I thought I heard this so I checked on Wikipedia which said that the "use of the Matterhorn both in style and name grew from Disney's extended vacation in Switzerland while filming Third Man on the Mountain." So even the Matterhorn ride is based on a Disney film, if only peripherally. But you're right about the It's a Small World and the former Motorboats. I'm surprised they haven't made animated film based on IASW. Would be the most annoying film ever. The only problem with the old Motorboat area is that darn Monorail would just spoil the effect. I guess they could create some sort if entrance close to the Parade Route that would disguise the Monorail. So we'd pass under it without realizing it in order to get to the show building. I know that one of the nine old men Marc Davis created an attraction called the Enchanted Snow Palace back in the day. It sounds a lot like something I imagine a Frozen attraction would be like.

  6. #21

    • Not the Hawkguy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    724

    Re: Frozenland

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Davidson View Post
    I thought I heard this so I checked on Wikipedia which said that the "use of the Matterhorn both in style and name grew from Disney's extended vacation in Switzerland while filming Third Man on the Mountain." So even the Matterhorn ride is based on a Disney film, if only peripherally. But you're right about the It's a Small World and the former Motorboats. I'm surprised they haven't made animated film based on IASW. Would be the most annoying film ever. The only problem with the old Motorboat area is that darn Monorail would just spoil the effect. I guess they could create some sort if entrance close to the Parade Route that would disguise the Monorail. So we'd pass under it without realizing it in order to get to the show building. I know that one of the nine old men Marc Davis created an attraction called the Enchanted Snow Palace back in the day. It sounds a lot like something I imagine a Frozen attraction would be like.
    2 things:

    1. We've discussed this in other threads, but Materhorn is not based on Third Man on the Mountain, even tangentially. Walt just fell in love with the mountain, and then made a movie and built a ride using the mountain as inspiration.

    2. Good news: they're in the initial planning stages of an IASW movie!

  7. #22

    • Evil is Sexy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chula Vista, California, United States
    Posts
    1,104

    Re: Frozenland

    Hah, I was going to pipe in and say that we play a small snippet of IASW cartoons at The Disney Store on our TV.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

    Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

  8. #23

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,638

    Re: Frozenland

    Best location for anything frozen is definitely the old motorboat cruise area since the Matterhorn is there and they could theme the area easily to frozen and fit with the mountain. Issue I see is the monorail. Something really needs to be done to remove the useless inner circle eight track wasting all that valuable property.

    the other perfect location is a piece of land that was once considered many years ago for a ice queen attraction, The fantasyland theater area. Not only would it add a what could be a very popular area to that corner of the park but if built correctly could solve a huge issue with that north area of Disneyland, crowd flow.

    right now one of the worst crowd flow issues is the bottleneck near Alice in wonderland with people coming from ISAW trying to go south into the park and then people from Fantasyland trying to go north to IASW and toontown.

    if a frozen area is built the land could be built so that it is accessible from the IASW mall area and also from the northern frontier land near the bar-b-que ranch area. I would also retheme the toontown train station so that I fit this new land and enlarge the station to accommodate bigger crowds

  9. #24

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    117

    Re: Frozenland

    Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    2 things:

    1. We've discussed this in other threads, but Materhorn is not based on Third Man on the Mountain, even tangentially. Walt just fell in love with the mountain, and then made a movie and built a ride using the mountain as inspiration.

    2. Good news: they're in the initial planning stages of an IASW movie!
    OK split hairs over the Matterhorn. I don't really care. But a IASW movie? No, 1000 X No! Unless it's a straight to video thing. But come on wouldn't a IASW movie warp kids minds and create a whole generation of zombies?

  10. #25

    • Selfie Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    7,090

    Re: Frozenland

    Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    The land would probably be "okay" just like the movie.
    That may be so, but there could be people who weren't fans of the movie who enjoy the land. I know this is the case for many with Cars (I am not a fan of the movies AT ALL, but think the land is lovely)

    Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

  11. #26

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    420

    Re: Frozenland

    @Eddie Davidson

    Nirya is right, The Matterhorn connection with THIRD MAN ON THE MOUNTAIN was discussed to death in another thread.

    Ironically though, Nirya posted exactly how those two things are most certainly "tangentially" connected in a post saying that they aren't connected at all. Walt visited The Alps, Walt was inspired by the snow covered mountains, Walt came home and made a feature film and an e-ticket attraction about a snow covered mountain that both came out in 1959.

    How much of a connection is certainly up for debate. That there is a connection is not.

  12. #27

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    212

    Re: Frozenland

    Frozen is not 'land worthy' any more than the scrapped idea for the "barefoot executive land" back in the '60s.

    Kidding of course. Frozen just needs a place for plush toys at the smallworld exit for a few more months and then it will done.

  13. #28

    • Sorcerer Supreme Bean
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Frozenland

    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post

    No. Frozen. Attraction. Ever.
    While I disagree with the absolutes of never, I would go no, or at least a "Not now".

    While it would be in the grand tradition of Fantasyland attractions, its too soon to see if the movie has the staying power of the classic Disney animated features, or if its just a current passing fad

    Attraction, maybe later. Entire land, definitely not.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

  14. #29

    • Not the Hawkguy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    724

    Re: Frozenland

    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    While I disagree with the absolutes of never, I would go no, or at least a "Not now".

    While it would be in the grand tradition of Fantasyland attractions, its too soon to see if the movie has the staying power of the classic Disney animated features, or if its just a current passing fad

    Attraction, maybe later. Entire land, definitely not.
    I agree on not doing a straight Frozen land, but you could make it more snow-covered/Bavarian themed (which also works WAY better with the Materhorn). Beauty and the Beast could fit in here as well, as you could make a land consisting of a Frozen dark boat ride, an Autobahn (remade Autopia for Fantasyland to free up space in Tomorrowland for expansion), and the Be Our Guest Restaurant, with a second princess meet and greet to space those crowds out.

  15. #30

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    251

    Re: Frozenland

    ::sigh::
    I don't like Frozen. At all.
    Even the songs give me a massive stress headache.

    But, I agree with those saying that the motorboat area is best for any Frozen-themed ride or land. And while I really despise the idea of Frozen getting anymore attention than it has already recieved, a new attraction would be appealing because it would pull crowds away. And I would really love that

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •