Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frozenland

Frozenland

This my idea for a Frozenland/Arendelle at the Disneyland Resort, located on the north side of Rivers of America. Theres not much room for expansion without pushing the train tracks out a little and based on this design it would go through the mountain and ride building. I'd love to see something along these lines built, rather than something small near Matterhorn.

Last edited by Desiderant; 06-02-2014 at 09:09 PM.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Re: Frozenland

Doesn't fit with the land. It needs to be over in Fantasyland a smidge. I see the theather being ripped out to accomodate this. Toontown may need to be sacrificed.

• Not the Hawkguy

It's been discussed in other threads and explained to me that the train tracks around the backside of Frontierland are pretty rigid in their path due to the grade of the track, so any expansion into Frontierland has to take that into account.

The other big problem is thematically. I can understand not wanting to shortchange a Frozen land by giving it more room to work with, but it doesn't belong anywhere near the Rivers of America. It'd be jarring for riders on the Mark Twain/Columbia to suddenly see an icy mountain and medieval city along the banks of the river, and it'd be strange for visitors in the Frozen land to see a riverboat cruising along in the background.

The reason people bring up the Motorboat Cruise area or Fantasyland Theater for a Frozen land is because it's a better thematic fit, and especially in Disneyland, theme is huge.

• The doctor is in

No. Just no.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

"The reason people bring up the Motorboat Cruise area or Fantasyland Theater for a Frozen land is because it's a better thematic fit, and especially in Disneyland, theme is huge."

^Nirya, you and I are in agreement. I would think that the Motorboat area and perhaps the extreme weatern side of Autopia would work very well for this. Also, geographically the land would be north of the Matterhorn just like in real life.

• A Cheerful Chick-A-Dee!

No.

• formerly very helpful

I like the idea. I don't like the idea of it being there. Fantasyland Theater and Toontown areas would be better, as would motorboat area.
    I don't like the name. Arendelle would be fine, but enough with lands where they just pick a word (or in this case the title of a movie) and stick "land" at the end. A little more creativity would be appreciated there.

Don't love the idea, but I do really like how you did the concept art. Very clever to use pre-existing structures, it makes it easy to imagine what it would look like.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    No. Just no.
    Quote Originally Posted by madgei View Post
    No.
    And yet again. No.

No. Frozen. Attraction. Ever.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Disney's #1 Fan

I don't think there should be a Frozen attraction, even though I like the movie. It will just be too much Frozen for anyone except younger children to handle.

^Hey everybody, just LET IT GO

• Disney's #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TrueLifeAdventurer View Post
    ^Hey everybody, just LET IT GO
    Haha, nice one TrueLifeAdventurer!

•   
    • Minion

I would have to know what is in the land before I pass judgement. As for the location I would be against it for thematical reasons. Frozen could work in FL. As far as Frozen in the parks I would want to see how popular it remains first.

Doesn't make remote sense when Matterhorn is not nearby and it is branched off Frontierland, not Fantasyland. I think it makes more sense to make a small winter/Nordic sub land off of fantasyland so Matterhorn fits in with the theme, and I don't think a land of MK style park should be devoted to a movie (cough, cough HKDL).

I think it's too early to start thinking about a Frozen ride. Who knows if it's appeal will be lasting? Also I agree with the others that the location doesn't fit. But I'm going to stand up for you regarding theming to Disney movies. Hello. Most, if not all of the Fantasyland attractions were themed to a Disney movie! In fact, Disneyland was created by people in the film industry! But yeah if they ever do a Frozen ride it should probably be near the Matterhorn.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast