• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Pin Trading: "POTC: Legend of the Golden Pins" - DCA 5th Anniversary

From DisneyPins.com

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPins.com
    Celebrate the 5th Anniversary of Disney's California Adventure® park which opened on February 8, 2001 with this special Limited Edition Collection of pins.

The Collection includes the following Anniversary Pins.

Disney's California Adventure® park 5th Anniversary Hollywood Pictures Backlot* (SEE IMAGE)
    This pin features Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse enjoying the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area of the park. They are a pin-on-pin; the dangle features the 5th Anniversary logo for the park. The Disney Animation Building and The Twilight Zone Tower of TerrorTM are also pictured in the background.

Disney's California Adventure® park 5th Anniversary Golden State* (SEE IMAGE)
    This pin features Goofy and Pluto enjoying the Golden State area of the park. They are riding Grizzly River Rapids while a hang glider soars over Grizzly Peak. Goofy and Pluto are a pin-on-pin; the dangle features the 5th Anniversary logo for the park. Disney's California Adventure® park opened on February 8, 2001 at the Disneyland® Resort.

Disney's California Adventure® park 5th Anniversary Paradise Pier* (SEE IMAGE)
    This pin features Daisy Duck and Donald Duck enjoying the Paradise Pier area of the park. Donald has surprised Daisy with some cotton candy. California Screamin' and the Sun Wheel are pictured in the background. Donald and Daisy are a pin-on-pin; the dangle features the 5th Anniversary logo for the park. Disney's California Adventure® park opened on February 8, 2001 at the Disneyland® Resort.
    *The three pins listed above will also be featured in a Limited Edition Framed Pin Set. 2,250 individual pins will be released; the remaining 250 will included in the set. The total edition size for this pin will be 2500.

Disney's California Adventure® park 5th Anniversary Jumbo pin (SEE IMAGE)
    Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy and Donald Duck have gathered at the Main Entrance to the park. They can't wait to enjoy a day filled with fun in the sun. This pin features multiple layers and the Sun Wheel spins; the dangle features the 5th Anniversary logo. The pin measures approximately 4" tall by 4" wide.

Disney's California Adventure® park 5th Anniversary Limited Edition Framed Pin Collection* (SEE IMAGE)
    This set contains four pins - the three individual Limited Edition pins celebrating the Golden State, Paradise Pier and Hollywood Pictures Backlot areas of the park. These three pins are presented on an image of the Main Entrance to the park. The fourth pin included with this set features the Sunshine Icon and a Disneyland® Resort Monorail. The Sunshine Icon pin in this set will not be sold separately.
    A couple of the pins for this collection are actually quite nice.. I especially like the Hollywood Pictures Backlot and Golden State pins, however, I don't collect pins with characters on them. The pins were released February 4 and the pins were Limited Edition, but I doubt they sold out of them already.

...And does anybody know whats going on with this whole Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of the Golden Pins deal? I'm assuming it will be a big pin trading event to co-incide with the movie and ride enhancements, but I wonder what it will entail?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPins.com
    It has been told there is a buried treasure far beneath the streets of Port Royale. Legend has it that rollicking bands of pirates from near and far would travel across the seven seas to the Banks of Orleans, in search of golden treasure. Containing everything from the finest silver, to pieces of eight, brass and precious metals, the treasure also contained the most prized possession of all, a collection of "golden" pins. Created from the purest gold that ever existed, it has been said that anyone who obtains all of the golden pins would receive riches beyond their wildest dreams.

In a simple twist of fate, a dubious band of marauders stumbled across the treasure as they pillaged and plundered through the town. Unaware of their find, they began selling off pieces of the treasure to local merchants at various ports along the way. Til this day the treasure can be found scattered throughout the lands, but one of the "golden" pins has yet to be uncovered. Many treasure seekers have attempted to bootleg the design of this pin, in hopes to reap the wealth and power that the legend fore-tales.

This Summer be sure ye comes seekin' adventure, for there be treasure nearby!
    Sounds interesting, no?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: Pin Trading: "POTC: Legend of the Golden Pins" - DCA 5th Anniversary

I'm no pin trader, but even I'd be interested in the POTC ones!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Closed Account

I will start Pin collecting when the Pirates Pins come out.

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

i just started collecting, and it sounds pretty exciting

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I'm totally going to do the POTC thing.

And those DCA are very lovely in real life. I got them and really like them.

I'm not a pin trader either, but heck, we're talking pirates here. Sounds awesome.

• Banned User

Along with the pins there will be a ton of new Jewelry all pirate related.
    Some of it is Movie related like, Jacks Pirate ring, some ride based, some plain pirate stuff and of course PIRATE PRINCESS for the ladies.[IMG][/IMG]

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

^ Although I think the design is really great, I hate the fact that Disney is turnin EVERYTHING into "princess" stuff. It's kind of getting old.

| | |

• Banned User

Yep,
    All in house Disney design's for the logo, but its gonna sell like wild all the Nightmare fans, POTC fans, white makeup freaks, are gonna buy buy buy.
    The Disney World of Wonder has some pieces but most will hit in March

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Dog
    Along with the pins there will be a ton of new Jewelry all pirate related.
    Some of it is Movie related like, Jacks Pirate ring, some ride based, some plain pirate stuff and of course PIRATE PRINCESS for the ladies
    Hey, no need to be gender specific here... guys can wear it to!
    Last edited by DOOM BGI; 02-06-2006 at 06:46 PM.
    --Jonathan

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Dog
    Yep,
    All in house Disney design's for the logo, but its gonna sell like wild all the Nightmare fans, POTC fans, white makeup freaks, are gonna buy buy buy.
    The Disney World of Wonder has some pieces but most will hit in March
    haha. Do you have anymore images that you could post of some of the upcoming jewlery? I assume the photos in your sig includes some of it, but I'd love to see more!

| | |

• done

The three DCA pins are nice, and the jumbo pin is really nice, but the framed pin set did nothing for me. The background was pretty plain, and the extra pin wasn't that great.

• Banned User

As I get things ready to release to the Pieces of Eight and other Disney stores I'll post them before they hit the shelves.

• What have I done?

Thanks Skinnydog I havent collected anything Pirates in a LOOOOONG time, this may just get me to get back to the Pieces of eight store and out of the NMBC shop LOL. The DCA pins are very nice.... I just started collecting DCA pins and the 50th Magical Milestones pins, very nice. Not pin trader but a collector is what I call myslef. LOL

"This guy!"