Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Life is Great!

Thumbs down Parking Lot Annoyance

Ok, we went saturday and had to park on daisy at the far end, they then proceed to park the closest area on the next level up so by the time us and all the other people with strollers got to the elevator on daisy, the people on the level above are filling the elevator so the line on our level doesnt move, this was very annoying, luckily since me and hubby were both there together(i make a lot of trips with the kids by myself) hubby could hold maxs hand in one hand and the folded stroller in the other and i held baby belle and we took the escalator. i really felt sorry for the lady in the wheelchair who was behind us in the elevator line(before we moved to the escalator line)

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Parking Lot Annoyance

I believe that the whole world is against you.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

I don't know what was going on saturday. We left DL at about 6:30 - 7:00pm. 35 minutes went by before we got on a tram. And in that time we only saw 3 trams! What is going on with them? I'm sorry there is no excuse for it to take that long.

One thing is for sure, there were alot of angry people.

• Banned User

You can always walk to the parking lot if you're in that much of a hurry..

• Hooterville, USA

I left my house the other day at 12:30. I parked in the structure, took the tram, and was in the Golden Horseshoe by 12:55. This has nothing to do with the topic, but I wanted to brag to someone.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Well, maybe I didn't feel like walking a mile to the parking lot after being on my feet all friggin day. Is that ok with you? But it's not about being in a hurry. The question is why would you see only 3 trams (Me being on the 3rd one) in 35 minutes? I've left at midnight when EVEYBODY is waiting for the trams and it doesn't take that long. What's the deal?

I left my house the other day at 12:30. I parked in the structure, took the tram, and was in the Golden Horseshoe by 12:55. This has nothing to do with the topic, but I wanted to brag to someone.
    NICE!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    I bet I can beat that

• Incognito

Blog Entries

OK since we're all bitching about the parking lot, I arrived Saturday around 10:30 and got in line and waited to get to the booth. I was 3 cars back from the booth when we sat there, and sat and sat and sat, for TEN MINUTES. The CM in the booth was on the phone with someone and then finally we moved. I asked "What the heck was that all about couldnt you see you had a line backed up to the entrance of the structure? Couldnt you have told the car to move to the side and let the rest of us go while someone dealt with the car with the issues?" "Sorry about that". That irked me more than the stoned skipper!

• Master of Disaster

my biggest annoyance with parking is getting all excited about how empty the timon lot is only to be redirected to that annoying structure!

*hates the structure*

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by ZedIzDead
    I don't know what was going on saturday. We left DL at about 6:30 - 7:00pm. 35 minutes went by before we got on a tram. And in that time we only saw 3 trams! What is going on with them? I'm sorry there is no excuse for it to take that long.

One thing is for sure, there were alot of angry people.
    OMG! I had that same experience on Saturday too! Stuck in this big ol' line in the parking structure that would not move even an inch. People even started honking! I showed up about 4pm...there were 3 trams in the area by the escalators but none where they were supposed to be. I was waiting in line for over 10minutes! And something was up with the turnstiles at Disneyland. My parents & I went to Disneyland first (I had a problem with my AP going through.), went to DCA and back to DL (where I had another problem...the screen was stuck on my mom's AP. It was just a weekend that was not at all good IMO.

• Closed Account

I usually walk to the parking lot at midnight. Usually it's not worth it dealing with the idiot teenagers who try to cram all 15 of their friends in one tram row and are too drunk to understand the CMs trying to get them to stop it.

• Disneyland Freak

Quote Originally Posted by MAXandBELLESmom
    Ok, we went saturday and had to park on daisy at the far end, they then proceed to park the closest area on the next level up so by the time us and all the other people with strollers got to the elevator on daisy, the people on the level above are filling the elevator so the line on our level doesnt move, this was very annoying, luckily since me and hubby were both there together(i make a lot of trips with the kids by myself) hubby could hold maxs hand in one hand and the folded stroller in the other and i held baby belle and we took the escalator. i really felt sorry for the lady in the wheelchair who was behind us in the elevator line(before we moved to the escalator line)
    You should have pressed the UP button so that the elevator would have been dedicated to go UP and since no on else is going up, no on will get in so when it opens on your floor to go UP no one gets in. It seems most people don't realize that what goes UP must come DOWN so you can get into the empty elevator that goes UP which will then have to go back down. That's what I do in situations like that, you take an extra little trip but you don't have to wait forever
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• My life is better with DL

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15
    my biggest annoyance with parking is getting all excited about how empty the timon lot is only to be redirected to that annoying structure!

*hates the structure*
    Dont hate the structure! If it weren't there not as many people could enjoy the park at the same time... As annoying as it can be, It's really helpfull.

^This is the life!

• Life is Great!

Quote Originally Posted by dlfreak
    You should have pressed the UP button so that the elevator would have been dedicated to go UP and since no on else is going up, no on will get in so when it opens on your floor to go UP no one gets in. It seems most people don't realize that what goes UP must come DOWN so you can get into the empty elevator that goes UP which will then have to go back down. That's what I do in situations like that, you take an extra little trip but you don't have to wait forever

we thought of that later in the day, next time we will direct everyone on line to do that(we were like the 4th or 5th group with a stroller in the line) we just took the quickest option and took the kids out of the stroller.
    {:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast