Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 50
  1. #16

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,259

    Re: Anyone been denied Mozzarella sticks at Golden Horseshoe?

    Quote Originally Posted by faerla View Post
    Wait. In the UK it's a LAW that you have to have vegetarian options? Like an actual law??

    Why did I ever leave London???
    Yip, it's actual law in the UK. There has to be at least one vegetarian dish.

  2. #17

    • Disneyland Dreamer
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Historic Downtown Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,917

    Re: Anyone been denied Mozzarella sticks at Golden Horseshoe?

    Quote Originally Posted by faerla View Post
    Wait. In the UK it's a LAW that you have to have vegetarian options? Like an actual law??
    I had that same reaction. The OP can't be right. How can you make a law that a dining establishment MUST serve something. That's just screwed up.

  3. #18

    • Disneyland Dreamer
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Historic Downtown Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,917

    Re: Anyone been denied Mozzarella sticks at Golden Horseshoe?

    Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    Yip, it's actual law in the UK. There has to be at least one vegetarian dish.
    How could a law like that get through your legislature?

  4. #19

    • Disney's #1 Fan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    85

    Re: Anyone been denied Mozzarella sticks at Golden Horseshoe?

    Never tried these at DLR, should probably try them one of these days.

  5. #20

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,259

    Re: Anyone been denied Mozzarella sticks at Golden Horseshoe?

    Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    I had that same reaction. The OP can't be right. How can you make a law that a dining establishment MUST serve something. That's just screwed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    How could a law like that get through your legislature?
    I'm right haha you can Google it.

    I don't think its a bad thing. There's a restaurant near me that is really just a chicken place where the only thing on the menu is chicken but they still have a vegetarian option which is just a plate of baked vegetables.

    I'm no expert in laws and I've no idea how much this law covers. It may just be sit down restaurants or may be all places that serve food.

    I think generally the UK has more government control over things like business than the US but this is a different discussion.

  6. #21

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    471

    Re: Anyone been denied Mozzarella sticks at Golden Horseshoe?

    Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    Seems silly not to put them on the menu. Only reason I can think of is that the profit margin on them is too small and everywhere has to sell a vegetarian option (at least in the UK it's the law, not sure about the US).

    But then, why not just raise the prices? It's a funny one.
    No such law in the US, and I doubt there ever will be because if they pushed such a law the non-veggies would push back until they required vegetarian joints to serve meat, and as odd as it seems I've actually seen a few vegan places that are completely meatless.

    I would expect that it isn't just a margins is too low thing, but probably also because they don't move fast enough that they can cook them on a continual basis and expect to sell them before they get nasty and they have to toss them.

  7. #22

    • Disneyland Dreamer
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Historic Downtown Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,917

    Re: Anyone been denied Mozzarella sticks at Golden Horseshoe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackster View Post
    No such law in the US, and I doubt there ever will be because if they pushed such a law the non-veggies would push back until they required vegetarian joints to serve meat, and as odd as it seems I've actually seen a few vegan places that are completely meatless.
    It would likely be unconstitutional on a state level as well.

    I would expect that it isn't just a margins is too low thing, but probably also because they don't move fast enough that they can cook them on a continual basis and expect to sell them before they get nasty and they have to toss them.
    They have a pretty long shelf life, and are dropped into the cooking oil frozen, so as long as the freezer works, they are probably good for years.

  8. #23

    • Chief Troublemaker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere, out there
    Posts
    1,575

    Re: Anyone been denied Mozzarella sticks at Golden Horseshoe?

    As a person with Celiac Disease, here's the thing. Legally, they may have to offer special accomodation/vegetarian dish, but that can mean a green salad with oil & vinegar.

    And I don't see it as a bad thing. It's really not fun when you go out with friends and end up nursing a cup of coffee while they eat a lovely dinner because there is nothing on the menu you can safely eat. Or morally eat in the case of some vegetarians.

    Another one of the many reason to love Disney. They are champions at accommodating special diets.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

  9. #24

    •   
    • Kerplookee
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    9,573

    Re: Anyone been denied Mozzarella sticks at Golden Horseshoe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Magus View Post
    I'm curious because one member claims you can still order these if you ask, yet I've asked twice and gotten rude responses each time that basically meant no. Can anyone here confirm you can still get them here?

    I once, sarcastically, asked for an R2D2 pancake at River Belle Terrace and the CM rolled his eyes. I'm sure the workers are busy enough without having to make special orders. Mozzarella sticks sound amazing....with the right dipping sauce(of course).


    I was surprised to get a trashcan pancake. Not sure if that was response to my request or his best effort at R2D2. Either way, it tasted amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

  10. #25

    •   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    37,982

    Re: Anyone been denied Mozzarella sticks at Golden Horseshoe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Duck44 View Post
    I once, sarcastically, asked for an R2D2 pancake at River Belle Terrace and the CM rolled his eyes. I'm sure the workers are busy enough without having to make special orders. Mozzarella sticks sound amazing....with the right dipping sauce(of course).


    I was surprised to get a trashcan pancake. Not sure if that was response to my request or his best effort at R2D2. Either way, it tasted amazing.
    That is awesome about the attempt at the pancake. Disney magic :sigh:. If you ever get the mozzarella sticks, don't settle for just the marinara sauce. Dip them in BOTH marinara AND ranch dressing. You will thank me for the sound advice!

  11. #26

    •   
    • Kerplookee
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    9,573

    Re: Anyone been denied Mozzarella sticks at Golden Horseshoe?

    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    That is awesome about the attempt at the pancake. Disney magic :sigh:. If you ever get the mozzarella sticks, don't settle for just the marinara sauce. Dip them in BOTH marinara AND ranch dressing. You will thank me for the sound advice!
    If(and it sounds like a big IF) I ever get those Mozzarella Sticks, I am strictly a BBQ sauce kinda guy. Marinara stays on my pizza and Ranch gives me stomach issues.
    Funny enough, my tummy handled the deep fried butter stick at the county fair just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

  12. #27

    •   
    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    29,568 steps from DLR
    Posts
    8,326

    Re: Anyone been denied Mozzarella sticks at Golden Horseshoe?

    Is it something that only vegetarians can order or can people of all faiths order them? Never tried them but would like to.

    I'm kind of afraid they'll deny me too.

  13. #28

    •   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    37,982

    Re: Anyone been denied Mozzarella sticks at Golden Horseshoe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Duck44 View Post
    If(and it sounds like a big IF) I ever get those Mozzarella Sticks, I am strictly a BBQ sauce kinda guy. Marinara stays on my pizza and Ranch gives me stomach issues.
    Funny enough, my tummy handled the deep fried butter stick at the county fair just fine.
    It's smart knowing what your tummy can handle. You can't ruin a magical vacation by mean old ranch sauce. Mozzarella is so tasty it makes my stomach happy. The kids call them "tummy sticks".

  14. #29

    •   
    • Kerplookee
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    9,573

    Re: Anyone been denied Mozzarella sticks at Golden Horseshoe?

    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    It's smart knowing what your tummy can handle. You can't ruin a magical vacation by mean old ranch sauce. Mozzarella is so tasty it makes my stomach happy. The kids call them "tummy sticks".
    Mozzarella Sticks might be the perfect food......ahem, I mean "tummy sticks". Dare I say, even better than a corn dog.

    I wonder what other "secret menu items" exist around the park. For years, I thought In N Out just served plain fries and simple cheeseburgers. Silly me
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

  15. #30

    •   
    • Astigmatic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    In a sunbeam.
    Posts
    8,677
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Anyone been denied Mozzarella sticks at Golden Horseshoe?

    It's too close to lunchtime for this thread! LOL!
    Can I get the recipe for the mozzarella sticks at City Hall? I'm definitely going to ask next time I'm at the park. And I'm totally going to suggest cheddar flavored mozzarella sticks, too! YUM!
    Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] No more mozzarella sticks at the Golden Horseshoe?
    By Princess Victoria in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 11:54 PM
  2. Has anyone been to DL this week?
    By Little Star in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-26-2005, 08:43 AM
  3. Has anyone been to the...
    By slowbee in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-07-2005, 12:05 PM
  4. Anyone been to Kennywood?
    By MissChristine in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-25-2005, 05:49 PM
  5. Golden Horseshoe Menu
    By captveg in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-07-2005, 04:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •