Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Anyone been denied Mozzarella sticks at Golden Horseshoe?

Quote Originally Posted by Duck44 View Post
    Mozzarella Sticks might be the perfect food......ahem, I mean "tummy sticks". Dare I say, even better than a corn dog.

I wonder what other "secret menu items" exist around the park. For years, I thought In N Out just served plain fries and simple cheeseburgers. Silly me
    Yes!! I love secret menus. The cashier looks at me funny when I ask her to tell the chef to "make me his finest!". Sadly, mozzarella sticks remind me of sitting and watching Billy Hill and the Hillbillies while dining. Kinda leaves me feeling empty even though I'm full.

•   
    • Kerplookee

Quote Originally Posted by Legally Brunette View Post
    Is it something that only vegetarians can order or can people of all faiths order them? Never tried them but would like to.

I'm kind of afraid they'll deny me too.
    Cast Members are usually very nice and not rude like the OP experienced. Maybe the CM was having a really bad day? Had car issues? or just got some horrible news?
    Sometimes it helps to stop and think about these things.

Don't be afraid to ask. Then let us know what they say...cause I sure as heck don't want to get yelled at
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

•   
    • Kerplookee

Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    It's too close to lunchtime for this thread! LOL!
    Can I get the recipe for the mozzarella sticks at City Hall? I'm definitely going to ask next time I'm at the park. And I'm totally going to suggest cheddar flavored mozzarella sticks, too! YUM!
    While there, can you request Dland serve the corn dog bites like WDW does? With Nacho Cheese dipping sauce.

holy smokes!!! Sorry Mr. Asshe, I forgot about Nacho Cheese dipping. Better than BBQ. But would dipping Mozzarella sticks in cheese be redundant?

I need to think about this......

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Cast Members are usually very nice and not rude like the OP experienced. Maybe the CM was having a really bad day? Had car issues? or just got some horrible news?
    Sometimes it helps to stop and think about these things.

Don't be afraid to ask. Then let us know what they say...cause I sure as heck don't want to get yelled at
    I do have a funny mozzarella stick story. Bear with me, it's a doozy!!

Years ago I would bring my IPod to Disneyland. Of course I wouldn't listen to music on the rides, but while waiting line or eating I'd pop in the old ear buds. Anyhow, I was listen to AC/DC and grabbed a piping hot stick of cheese. It was molten, my mouth was burning!!!

So whenever I hear AC/DC I think of the scalding cheese at Disneyland. And yes, you guessed it...I shout FIRE!!! teehee

•   
    • Kerplookee

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I do have a funny mozzarella stick story. Bear with me, it's a doozy!!

Years ago I would bring my IPod to Disneyland. Of course I wouldn't listen to music on the rides, but while waiting line or eating I'd pop in the old ear buds. Anyhow, I was listen to AC/DC and grabbed a piping hot stick of cheese. It was molten, my mouth was burning!!!

So whenever I hear AC/DC I think of the scalding cheese at Disneyland. And yes, you guessed it...I shout FIRE!!! teehee
    Glad you can laugh about it now. hot food is certainly no joke. We've all experienced this at one time or another. It's probably why they don't allow eating in church.

This is a good time to talk about Mozzarella safety....thus the need for a cool dipping sauce.
    Last edited by Duck44; 06-05-2014 at 10:23 AM.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Glad you can laugh about it now. hot food is certainly no joke. We've all experienced this at one time or another. It's probably why they don't allow eating in church.

This is a good time to talk about Mozzarella safety....thus the need for a cool dipping sauce.
    Cheese is funny thing. It can be way too hot, or when it cools off too much it's like a big rubberband. Please check all of your sticks before bringing them out to the park. It's very possible the cook fried them too long and the cheese oozes out leaving you only the hollow crust. I bet the workers heard my cry of "NOOOOOOOO!" when my last stick was an empty one.

Talking Re: Anyone been denied Mozzarella sticks at Golden Horseshoe?

Cheese is funny thing. It can be way too hot, or when it cools off too much it's like a big rubberband. Please check all of your sticks before bringing them out to the park. It's very possible the cook fried them too long and the cheese oozes out leaving you only the hollow crust. I bet the workers heard my cry of "NOOOOOOOO!" when my last stick was an empty one.

LOL. That is an important service message!!

Also, even though they're technically veggie, I doubt you'd find many hardcore vegetarians, like me, ordering them, because they are cooked in a fryer with chicken nuggets. I swear that for a while, Disneyland used to have "fries only" fryers which kept them veggie (and gluten) safe, but those have gone the way of the dodo, as I found when trying to order the parmesan fries at Cafe Orleans.

•   
    • Kerplookee

You sound like a cheese-head, and I don't mean that as an insult.

I truly hope your scars(both physical and emotional) have healed. Oh boy, hope you don't think I'm being cheesy.

A few posts ago, someone wanted to get the recipe for Tummy Sticks. That guy would be my new BFF if he did.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

You sound like a cheese-head, and I don't mean that as an insult.

I truly hope your scars(both physical and emotional) have healed. Oh boy, hope you don't think I'm being cheesy.

A few posts ago, someone wanted to get the recipe for Tummy Sticks. That guy would be my new BFF if he did.
    Dare I say :gasp: you can make similar ones at home? You have to get the oil to the right temperature where they are not too oily and not burnt. And if you make them at home they will be cooked in their own oil! This is sound advice for our vegetarian chum who posted about the nugget oil.

•   
    • Kerplookee

Quote Originally Posted by faerla View Post
    LOL. That is an important service message!!

Also, even though they're technically veggie, I doubt you'd find many hardcore vegetarians, like me, ordering them, because they are cooked in a fryer with chicken nuggets. I swear that for a while, Disneyland used to have "fries only" fryers which kept them veggie (and gluten) safe, but those have gone the way of the dodo, as I found when trying to order the parmesan fries at Cafe Orleans.
    Do they cook fish sticks in same fryer as chicken nuggets? That must be difficult for veggie people.

Hopefully, in the future, laws can be passed (like in the UK) so separate fryers can be used.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Which leads me to an interesting question. Mozzarella sticks or Batter fried cheese sticks? The ones at Hot Dog on a Stick are sooooooo good. What's you favorite Duck44? If the OP doesn't want this thread to turn into a poll I will humbly delete this post.

I've gotten them at Stage Door and Golden Horseshoe without a problem. It shouldn't matter where you order them from these locations since they share a kitchen
    The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!

•   
    • Kerplookee

Which leads me to an interesting question. Mozzarella sticks or Batter fried cheese sticks? The ones at Hot Dog on a Stick are sooooooo good. What's you favorite Duck44? If the OP doesn't want this thread to turn into a poll I will humbly delete this post.
    Would it be possible to make Tummy Sticks with string cheese?

Sorry for the tangent but you really got me thinking

The cheese stick corn dog in DCA wasn't fully cooked. Gross!!

•   
    • Minion

Do they cook fish sticks in same fryer as chicken nuggets? That must be difficult for veggie people.

Hopefully, in the future, laws can be passed (like in the UK) so separate fryers can be used.
    And for those of us with food allergies. There have been a number of times I've had to pass up mozzarella sticks in restaurants because they also prepare their shellfish items in the same fryer.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast