Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man
    Oh Darkbeer......
    I was editing the guide to reflect the most up to date info when you posted this.. heck about 4 new posts showed up in the thread while I was editing...
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Minion

Wow, Darkbeer, that was a really comprehensive answer! Perhaps you can also explain how to excercize the "preferred seating" for Alladin? Seems like a 3-day hopper offers this but then the Unofficial Guide said something about tickets that seemed available to everyone. I'm only asking because I'd be arriving on a Sunday in the early afternoon, not at park openning, and want to be sure to see this show.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Preferred seating for Aladdin bascially comes with packages bought from Walt Disney Travel and AAA Travel. You get a coupon for it, and a couple of other shows (movies) at DCA.

Aladdin is pretty much, first come, first serve... I would get there about 20 minutes prior to showtime, and then go upstairs to the second level, I think that gives the best view of the show....

• șoș Tom șoș

Old strategy I used to use- if you have friends or family that go once or twice and get regular tickets, keep em after they leave. The systems were not intially designed to recognize the difference between old tickets and new tickets. It had to leave them open because of the Park Hoppers, APs and special tickets that can be purchased through Disney travel that allow for near unlimited Fastpasses.

SOOOOOOOOOO If you have these old tickets you can use them to obtain new fastpasses. Unfortunantly recently programs at the parks have gotten savy to this trick and this is a one time shot, use them once and they red flag em. I had a pair from the Disney travel company that gave me unlimited fastpases and those last 5 months before they ceased to work for me.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Actually, last year Disney switched to a real-time verification system, the Passport has to be scanned at the turnstyle to allow the use in FASTPASS machines, basically ending the type of things ah schucks mentioned...

I remember when the system first came out, your Ralphs Club card worked.... and beforfe the last change, a Knott's AP worked (same basic turnstyle system).

• Still wants to be a cat!

Wished I'd known about these tricks when they still worked. Oh, well missed out on that one!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• LoisAlene

Thanks Darkbeer! How did you get to know so much? However you aquired the knowlege I muchly appreciate your willingness to share!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• That's Hawt

I know for a while you were able to press the little black button on the back of the machine and get fastpasses ... until they caught you and you were in BIG trouble :devil:
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    Preferred seating for Aladdin bascially comes with packages bought from Walt Disney Travel and AAA Travel. You get a coupon for it, and a couple of other shows (movies) at DCA.

Aladdin is pretty much, first come, first serve... I would get there about 20 minutes prior to showtime, and then go upstairs to the second level, I think that gives the best view of the show....

I pulled this from the AAA web site. It does say the package includes the ability to collect multiple FastPasses at a time.... http://www.csaa.com/travel/traveloff...7c4968,00.html
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Thanks darkbeer- that's what I was looking (Kevin's post was what got me hooked on Miceage to begin with!)
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    I know for a while you were able to press the little black button on the back of the machine and get fastpasses ... until they caught you and you were in BIG trouble :devil:
    I actually discovered this by accident. I was in a group that included one first timer. We were by Indy, and trying to decide whether to get a fastpass for Indy or Splash. While we were talking, the first timer went to the Indy machines, pressed the button (which she assumed was how to get them) and came back, showing us the fastpass. Since she did not have her ticket with her (b/c one person was holding all the tickets) we were amazed that she had one. She just remarked that she pressed the little button, and showed us. We explained that that was not the right way to get a pass, but thought it was supposed to be a secret that most people didn't know, but if you did, you could use. (Like the networked thing) Otherwise, we thought, why would that exist? I got caught once, and the CM told me that I wasn't allowed to do that. I didn't get in trouble though, I just said I was sorry and wouldn't do it again, and that I didn't know it wasn't allowed! But I have to say, it was awfully nice while it lasted.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JangoFett
    I pulled this from the AAA web site. It does say the package includes the ability to collect multiple FastPasses at a time.... http://www.csaa.com/travel/traveloff...7c4968,00.html
    Go back and read my "Joy of FASTPASS", I address the "Enhanced" FASTPASS function of the AAA packages (you need to buy from AAA and stay at one of the 3 Disney owned hotels...)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12