Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• I'm not really here

Re: Tom Staggs Inspecting Disneyland/DCA Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    om Staggs is a nice enough person. But he never showed any real interest in the theme park industry before getting the job, and he very rarely visits Disneyland. He could be in charge of airplane building at Boeing or hotel operation at Hilton or toothpaste and detergent production at Procter&Gamble for all he cares. It's just business for him, and a stop on the corporate ladder in the late-middle of his executive career.
    I assume you know him personally based on this very intimate evaluation of his internal thoughts and feelings?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I assume you know him personally based on this very intimate evaluation of his internal thoughts and feelings?

It is a fairly well known fact that Staggs is one of the persons considered to be in line to become Disney CEO when Iger steps down. So by that it is apparent that his position as Parks & Resorts Chairman is a step to move up the Disney corporate ladder.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Mortgageman View Post
    It is a fairly well known fact that Staggs is one of the persons considered to be in line to become Disney CEO when Iger steps down. So by that it is apparent that his position as Parks & Resorts Chairman is a step to move up the Disney corporate ladder.
    That reply literally had nothing to do with what I was replying too. It being a step move up the ladder is immaterial. The claim was that Staggs has absolutely no care whatsoever, it's just a paycheck to him. That's a pretty harsh claim and would require knowing the guy fairly intimately to make with any degree of accuracy. In other words, I'm calling the claim out as bunk.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    Isn't that great?!? I love it when management does that. It's very entertaining to watch.

And yeah, they completely lose their minds when Staggs or Iger or whomever visits, radioing each other as they literally hide behind trees and popcorn wagons telling each other where they are and what direction they are heading... "Tomorrowland 1 from River 1, they just left Thunder and are heading your way across the Hub!"
    It always made my day!!!
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

That reply literally had nothing to do with what I was replying too. It being a step move up the ladder is immaterial. The claim was that Staggs has absolutely no care whatsoever, it's just a paycheck to him. That's a pretty harsh claim and would require knowing the guy fairly intimately to make with any degree of accuracy. In other words, I'm calling the claim out as bunk.

Holy cow man, who cares? It was just a comment, one likely based on knowing Staggs' background and his similarity to countless other corporate other execs. The man ain't God, people can say things like that without somebody "calling them out as bunk".

I actually got a chance to meet Tom on friday, just as he was leaving the construction site of Club 33, I actually had the nerve to go up to him and shake hands with him, and tell him it was very nice to meet him, and that I hoped to work for him one day, He congratulated me on my graduation, and I asked him what he was doing in the parks, he indeed said he was checking up on Club 33, Alice, etc. and commented on how there was a lot going on in the parks. I told him that indeed the 60th was just around the corner. We had a nice little chat, I guess I timed it just right for him to have a moment to speak with me. Unfortunately I was so star stuck that I didn't think to ask him for a picture or anything I also told him how Steve Davison was the executive that I really wanted to meet in the park.. It was a fun experience, amazed to be in the right place at the right time...

~Hatter

Wouldn't it be nice if he had to wait in line like the rest of the guests and face the crowding and line cutting issues that bug most of us?

Quote Originally Posted by lalolovesme View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if he had to wait in line like the rest of the guests and face the crowding and line cutting issues that bug most of us?
    Don't be silly.

Tom Staggs had his extended family visit last Christmas, and Tom spent a short amount of time with them in the parks before he left. And even after Staggs left his family was assigned a VIP Tour Hostess to take them to any ride they wanted and backdoor them immediately. They don't even wait through Fastpass, they go right in the exit and are put on the next available vehicle at everything from the Carousel to Radiator Springs Racers. And his extended family of nieces, nephews and in-laws are absolute nobodies with no public recognition, so it's not like they can pull the "for security reasons" scam. No one knows who they are.

It's purely because they are related by extended blood or by marriage to Tom Staggs, so they don't wait in any lines at Christmastime at Disneyland.

Again, Tom Staggs may be a nice guy, but prior to his assignment of the Chairmanship of Parks/Resorts from his previous gig in Finance, he showed no passing interest in the theme park industry or any individual Disney theme park. He never attended the annual IAPPA convention, and he never was involved in theme park operations. He's certainly never worked in the Parks, and he never cared about them aside from taking his kids once he was elevated enough to rank a free VIP Tour Guide with backdoor privileges.

And Tom Staggs wouldn't know a Standby line if it came up and bit him.

Westsider, are you saying that if you were VP of Parks and Resorts, you would have your children wait in line? Just wondering.
    I believe I chose the life of a tomb raider, because
    I'm addicted to the excitement that comes when life hangs in the balance.
    Famous last words.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by StillThePassHolder View Post
    Holy cow man, who cares? It was just a comment, one likely based on knowing Staggs' background and his similarity to countless other corporate other execs. The man ain't God, people can say things like that without somebody "calling them out as bunk".
    I never claimed anyone was God. Yes, people can say stuff like that all they want. But by the same principle, I can ask for some kind of evidence that the harsh claims being made against a man who isn't here to defend his own character are true. Wouldn't you agree? I mean, Staggs character was attacked in that post. He never cared, he could care less, it's just business to him... those are pretty harsh criticisms being leveled at someone and my asking for the reasoning for that is completely and totally reasonable.

• Rock Star Minion

Cast Member Matt would take his family as "regular guests." Not get the VIP treatment.

And, now he's gone.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Staggs character was attacked in that post.

No it wasn't. He just said he wasn't a theme park guy, had no strong interest in theme parks. He didn't call him a child molester.

Nothing in Staggs' background or behavior indicates he has a strong passion for theme parks. That doesn't mean he is or will do a bad job in his current position. There have probably been many outstanding executives at Ford who have no passion for cars.

On Friday I heard that Tom ordered all of the hard alcohol out from the Alfresco Lounge and that it is specifically for wine tasting now.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bkroz View Post
    Westsider, are you saying that if you were VP of Parks and Resorts, you would have your children wait in line? Just wondering.
    I would personally. I don't think teaching my kids that they are better than everyone else is the best lesson ever.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Tom Staggs was at the parks again today, but this time he was joined by the rest of the gang. Bob Iger, Michael Colglazier, Mary Niven, among others.. any guesses as to what the occasion might be? Checking out Club 33 updates, 60th preparations..? just a casual stroll through the park?

source: http://t.co/abXyIRzXPP
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast