Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Merida, Evil Queen and Fairy Godmother gone?

ORWEN: Well, I'm still upset over the disappearance of Merlin when he got laid off a few years ago at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World. I mean, what's an old man supposed to do for a living if he doesn't have a job to support himself anymore? Rumor has it that he's been seen pushing a shopping cart down the mean streets of various cities across America while trying to survive!!! And this was all done because of budget cut backs!!

ORDDU: Yes, poor Merlin gave Disney the best years of his life--only to be treated like an old shoe that was ready to be tossed out at the worst possible time!

ORGOCH: Got violins?

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by Donald1980 View Post
    I can only confirm the Evil Queen. I haven't heard officially anyone else, but from the same source I heard Disney will be focusing mainly on the Fab 5 and princesses from now on due to budget cuts.
    But isn't Merida so post to be a Princess if so then why is she in danger of loosing her spot at Disneyland. If Disney is focusing mainly Mickey and his friends and Aurora and the other Princess then I would think they would focus on Merida as well. To me that don't make any sends.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    But isn't Merida so post to be a Princess if so then why is she in danger of loosing her spot at Disneyland. If Disney is focusing mainly Mickey and his friends and Aurora and the other Princess then I would think they would focus on Merida as well. To me that don't make any sends.
    It pretty much depends how popular Merida is with merchandise. It's the same how you don't see Pocahontas and Mulan around the parks a whole lot. You don't really see many girls dressed as Merida while it's easy to spot one as Aurora or Snow White etc.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    It pretty much depends how popular Merida is with merchandise. It's the same how you don't see Pocahontas and Mulan around the parks a whole lot. You don't really see many girls dressed as Merida while it's easy to spot one as Aurora or Snow White etc.
    I still regularly see lots of little girls at DL dressed as Merida - more than Aurora, in fact!

I think Entertainment/TDA/Department of Labor bureaucracy might play into why they can't move Merida to the Fantasy Faire. Beancounters made the discovery that Merida doesn't drive merchandise and therefore doesn't deserve a unique Meet and Greet. Okay, well why don't we just move her to the Fantasy Faire? Well, that would take away Meet and Greet time from the more profitable Princesses. Okay, well why can't we make her a substitute Princess when there's a princess shortage? Well, face characters, especially Princesses, have higher overhead costs so it's hard to justify spending all that money on a 10 hour a week sub. Okay, well why don't we have a friend of Merida also be a friend of Pooh, Eeyore, Goofy, Jessie, etc.? WHAT! "You can't mix pay grades!" screams the Entertainment/TDA bureaucracy. Okay, well what if we make Merida a salaried contractor? "Never!" screams the Department of Labor.

•   
    • Minion

It's a shame that they are taking that tack. The long lines at things like Long Lost Friends, the Easter Roundup and the Conjure a Villains meet and greet all seem to show that guests are interested in meeting more than the Fab 5 and the princesses.

I am surprised about the "Merida doesn't sell merch" thing, too. I see a lot of little girls in Merida costumes at the park. There was one time I was trying to find the Brave bow and arrow set for a present, and every single shop in the park was sold out of them.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Fairy Godmother can't be gone! I planned on asking her to magically lose 50 lbs. from my frame!

•   

In snow white, wasn't there the evil queen on top looking out from the window? I remember this as a child but I haven't seen it since.
    ~CeceliaMouse

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CeceliaMouse View Post
    In snow white, wasn't there the evil queen on top looking out from the window? I remember this as a child but I haven't seen it since.
    Yes - still there.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    It's a shame that they are taking that tack. The long lines at things like Long Lost Friends, the Easter Roundup and the Conjure a Villains meet and greet all seem to show that guests are interested in meeting more than the Fab 5 and the princesses.

I am surprised about the "Merida doesn't sell merch" thing, too. I see a lot of little girls in Merida costumes at the park. There was one time I was trying to find the Brave bow and arrow set for a present, and every single shop in the park was sold out of them.
    The Merida merch not selling as well was just something I thought of as a reason why she is going. I've no idea whatsoever if that is the reason why. It was just me thinking that Merida merch didn't seem as popular as the other Princesses where I could have easily have been wrong.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

During my Trip a week ago, I saw Fairy Godmother, Merida, and the Evil Queen out on multiple occasions.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    I'm not too sure why you replied to my post, because I didn't say Merida wasn't a princess nor have I said Merida was going to be taken out. I didn't hear about Merida till I saw the OP post in this thread. The only character I can confirm not being around on a regular basis any more after today is the Evil Queen. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Disney decided to put Merida at PFF because they get to cut all of the character host shifts over at Merida's location by doing that. Altough, nerdycm brought up a great point about how Merida would end up taking a spot away from one of the more popular princesses.

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by Donald1980 View Post
    I'm not too sure why you replied to my post, because I didn't say Merida wasn't a princess nor have I said Merida was going to be taken out. I didn't hear about Merida till I saw the OP post in this thread. The only character I can confirm not being around on a regular basis any more after today is the Evil Queen. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Disney decided to put Merida at PFF because they get to cut all of the character host shifts over at Merida's location by doing that. Altough, nerdycm brought up a great point about how Merida would end up taking a spot away from one of the more popular princesses.
    The reason why I did was when you said that Disney want to focus on the Princess it got me confuse why then take Merida out. Tell you the truth I've never gone seeing her along with Rapunzel. But the way u are saying with the Queen only beening out during Halloween time if I remember right back in 2003 to 2005 she was really not out until Halloween so not to weird with her I guess u could also say the samething with Fairy Godmother. The first time I ever saw her was during the 50th anniversy then after it came and leave she was gone for a long time until I would say the last 3 or 4 years she would pop out from time to time. I had a friend in a Fairy Godmother but of chourse I haven't seen her for the last year so she may not be there anymore. Sorry that I put you on the spot I didn't mean to. It just got a little weird of hearing this.

• #bringevilback

So, the Queen today did confirm her "banishment". I've never seen this particular queen either, and I'm pretty sure it's not the one on Tuesday that we haven't seen, and I find it so odd that they would have hired new people if they are getting rid of them. She did say to voice our concerns after the 15th, so my guess is they have another week still.

And it's official, we are starting #savethequeen and #bringevilback !!!

• #bringevilback

Ok, let's get this movement stared!

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast