Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

• Minion

Merida, Evil Queen and Fairy Godmother gone?

I was on another forum and someone was saying that the Evil Queen, Merida and the Fairy Godmother have all been pulled from Disneyland. Can anyone confirm this either true or false?

Re: Merida, Evil Queen and Fairy Godmother gone?

While I don't know if it's true or not, I wouldn't disagree with pulling one of the ladies who has played the Fairy God Mother for years out of the park. My family used to be Annual Pass Holders, and it was sort of a tradition to get my son's photo with her every trip. Not every time we were in the park, mind you, but every trip. So, perhaps six to seven photos with her as he was growing since 2008. The last time we were there getting that photo, we told her about the tradition, and she quickly bit back with her feeling that we went to the park too often.

Not really Disney magic there. More like a woman who has worked there too long and feels like she can get away with anything.

• Meh

Not sure if there's been an announcement or something since, but I saw Fairy Godmother a week or two ago just outside of the castle on the left, by the stage..
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mind Tricks View Post
    Not sure if there's been an announcement or something since, but I saw Fairy Godmother a week or two ago just outside of the castle on the left, by the stage..
    I think it's been a recent thing, as in the last few days. Anyone who is visiting the parks soon could you check to see if Merida's meet and greet area is still there?

• Disney is home

I know the Evil Queen is becoming a special event only character due to budget cutbacks. Wouldn't be shocked if it's true for the Fairy Godmother. I would be shocked about Merida, but I've heard that Disney was ready to get rid of her last December, but unfortunately proved to be more popular than expected.

As far as the Queen, I highly recommend visiting her today and tomorrow. She will back during Halloween time.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Donald1980 View Post
    I know the Evil Queen is becoming a special event only character due to budget cutbacks. Wouldn't be shocked if it's true for the Fairy Godmother. I would be shocked about Merida, but I've heard that Disney was ready to get rid of her last December, but unfortunately proved to be more popular than expected.

As far as the Queen, I highly recommend visiting her today and tomorrow. She will back during Halloween time.
    Wow, this frustrates me so much. Although I suppose it's understandable with the record low crowds and continuously dropping ticket prices, oh wait....

According to the Disneyland character schedule below, the Evil Queen (aka Queen Grimhilde) has a scheduled appearance today (June 7). Fairy Godmother's name show up on this list too earlier this week so she's still there.

Disneyland | Disneyland

• Loving all things Disney!

Quote Originally Posted by The Real McDuck View Post
    While I don't know if it's true or not, I wouldn't disagree with pulling one of the ladies who has played the Fairy God Mother for years out of the park. My family used to be Annual Pass Holders, and it was sort of a tradition to get my son's photo with her every trip. Not every time we were in the park, mind you, but every trip. So, perhaps six to seven photos with her as he was growing since 2008. The last time we were there getting that photo, we told her about the tradition, and she quickly bit back with her feeling that we went to the park too often.

Not really Disney magic there. More like a woman who has worked there too long and feels like she can get away with anything.

What!?!
    That's not right!!!

I'm sorry about that. That would ruin some of the Disney magic for me. If she doesn't enjoy working at Disneyland, than she shouldn't even be there...

"To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relieves fond memories of he past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."
    - Walt Disney

• Queen Elsa

I was there on May 27th and I saw The Queen and I got my picture taken with the Fairy Godmother so no they are not gone. As for Merida I never see her so can't say if she is gone which I don't think she is.

• Minion

Basically I have found out that they are not gone yet but will be disappearing over the next few days.

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    I was there on May 27th and I saw The Queen and I got my picture taken with the Fairy Godmother so no they are not gone. As for Merida I never see her so can't say if she is gone which I don't think she is.
    She's not gone yet, she will be gone after tomorrow, the Evil Queen that is. Unless enough people complain about not seeing the Queen, you won't see her till Halloween time.

• Queen Elsa

Frist DL gets rid of Terence,Vidia & Periwinkle. Then WDW gets rid of all the Fairies from Tinkerbell but Tink. Now there getting rid of Fairy Godmother,The Queen and Merida Walt wouldn't like this at all. He didn't want his characters to disapear from his park for the guess can't not see. Who ever is in charge of the parks need to be fire. This is right full all stuip. Oh I also forgot Disneyland got rid of Max to.

•   
    • Minion

I'm wondering if they're taking out the Evil Queen because they plan to bring Maleficent in more regularly?

It's a bummer, though. The videos of the EQ walking around Fantasyland are pretty hilarious, and Merida's little M&G place is charming. I hope Merida will show up somewhere else.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I'm wondering if they're taking out the Evil Queen because they plan to bring Maleficent in more regularly?

It's a bummer, though. The videos of the EQ walking around Fantasyland are pretty hilarious, and Merida's little M&G place is charming. I hope Merida will show up somewhere else.
    I've been told it's budget cuts so they won't be replaced or moved anywhere, although I don't see why Merida can't appear at the Fantasy Faire meet and greet occasionally since most cast members who are friends with her are friends with other characters anyway.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    I've been told it's budget cuts so they won't be replaced or moved anywhere, although I don't see why Merida can't appear at the Fantasy Faire meet and greet occasionally since most cast members who are friends with her are friends with other characters anyway.
    That's what I was thinking...Merida's officially a Disney princess and if her friends are still around, why not have her pop up at the Fantasy Faire from time to time?

With all the money that DLR brings in and the huge popularity of meet and greets in general, it kind of baffles me that there would be budget cuts with them.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast