Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Has Pirates been ruined by Boat Crowding?

Quote Originally Posted by Scream162
    If there were less boats, you'd be waiting for a while for boats to line up so the cast members could dispatch.
    So? The line's longer. And for a better, more personal and intimate experience for every boat, I think its worth it.

Decrease boats, and increase dispatch intervals so the boats dont come in contact with each other. It'll also give handicapped people more time to board, and reduce CM stress Id think.

• Guilty!

Imagine youself as a normal guest sitting in the boat in the station for a while. Wouldn't you be thinking, "why haven't we been sent into the ride yet?"

• Why do you keep talking?

Quote Originally Posted by some_imagination
    So? The line's longer. And for a better, more personal and intimate experience for every boat, I think its worth it.
    You don't think like a normal guest who only goes to Disneyland once or twice a year and could care less about the being the only ones in a scene. They only really care about how many rides they can get in their day to make their "purchase" worth it.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Hector
    You don't think like a normal guest who only goes to Disneyland once or twice a year and could care less about the being the only ones in a scene. They only really care about how many rides they can get in their day to make their "purchase" worth it.
    Excellant point

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by Scream162
    Running less boats is simply out of the question. Cast members are only allowed to dispatch a set of boats when there are 2 more lined up behind the station so that those boats will index into the station after a dispatch. If there were less boats, you'd be waiting for a while for boats to line up so the cast members could dispatch. Trust me, efficient dispatching is a part of Show, too. To be honest there's nothing they can do to prevent boats from crashing at the top of drop 1, but they do everything they can to prevent boats from piling up before the lift. The dispatch interval is correctly timed to run 44 boats without a back-up. Is it really the cast member's fault if the guests are slow and need the motivation to sit their butts down in the boat?
    I think that there a simple solution to the problem. If the load times are taking a little longer nowadays, then just turn down the jets that propel the boats along. Then they move slower so that they will not bunch up at the sticking points of the first drop and the lift at the end. In fact, the smart think to do is lower the flow volume pushing the boats at any time to match the load times.

This solution means that instead of seeing the last scene for such a long time, you see a little more of every scene. They could make that change with the renovation coming up.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

This thread makes me miss David.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by some_imagination

Decrease boats, and increase dispatch intervals so the boats dont come in contact with each other. It'll also give handicapped people more time to board, and reduce CM stress Id think.
    Decrease the amounts of boats running at once? T-Irby, is that you?

• Guilty!

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    I think that there a simple solution to the problem. If the load times are taking a little longer nowadays, then just turn down the jets that propel the boats along. Then they move slower so that they will not bunch up at the sticking points of the first drop and the lift at the end. In fact, the smart think to do is lower the flow volume pushing the boats at any time to match the load times.
    What about those times that the boats are being loaded and dispatched efficiently when there isn't a strong guest demand? Are the flume pumps still going to be pumping the water slower? The attraction was designed and built for ideal conditions. There can't be any temporary realistic modifications made to the ride just because boats back-up during peak hours and then changed back to normal when the ideal conditions once again occur throughout the day.

However, the attraction is receiving sorter brakes in numerous places throughout the lower flume area during the refurbishment. The purpose of these sorter brakes is for more efficient attraction evacuations but I'm not sure if they will allow only a certain amount of boats into a zone or not during normal operation. If they will, then we will probably see less boat back-ups at the lift/arsenal scene.

• Rock Star Minion

Meh. Who's looking forward or backward in the boats? You're supposed to look side-to-side, where there are nho boats.
    I don't recall a time when the boats were not close to each other.

Also, I don't think that people here are advocating 20 fewer boats. Maybe about 5 or 10 fewer boats.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123