Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Animatronic

Has Pirates been ruined by Boat Crowding?

Gone are the days of the very personal experience when you'd come out of the cave and see the pirate ship floating in front of you. Now you just see the heads of the people in the boat in front of you. The exit ramp is a traffic jam with a longer line than the queue for the ride. Does Pirates really need the extra capacity at the cost of the ride experience?

• Small Projects Team

Re: Has Pirates been ruined by Boat Crowding?

Besides the cost of ride experience for us, it also costs them more money to run more boats. The only thing we're getting in return is a shorter queue wait time. Which really isn't that short ever since the movie was released. I'm with you, I'd prefer better ride experience.

• șoș Tom șoș

They were running full capacity on boats (as far as I know) on Sunday, so many in fact that we sat for over 5 minutes in the area prior to the ascent back to the dock - the TNT room. We basically walked onto the ride so I was dumbfounded that the interior was so crowded with boats that it caused a pile up.

Like Lore said the exit is busier than the queue. I blame this in as much as people love th Pieces of Eight shop AND the line for reservations for the Blue Bayou...I think they should move the reservation process elsewhere because it is a pain to dodge through NOS anymore these days!

IF they just somehow time the boats apart, it would be great. You go through the bayou, enjoying a nice criuse through the darkness, then BUMP, you get stopped by a block brake because the boats in front of you haven't gone down the first drop yet. I think only once last summer we were able to ride all the way through without rear ending the boat in front of us. That was cool.

• Banned User

Just pretend that the boat in front of you Is a pirate boarding party heading to sack the town. Told my niece that and she was freaked the whole ride
    And of course the boat following is equally full of bad pirates.
    Id rather be stuck in the ride looking for things I didn't see in the tnt room before than standing in line waiting to ride[IMG][/IMG]

• Banned User

Thank you for bringing this point up. Now that I think about it the boats are very crowded. When I was little you almost never came in contact with another boat until you were on the lift.

• Koubu Pilot

Maybe they were planning for a busier day and it wasn't as busy as projected. When I worked at Sears, the managers swore by what the computer projections say, even if it was wrong 95% of the time. In the attraction's case, it would probably be more disruptive to capacity to put boats away during operating hours. Even at night when they only use one loading section, they're dispatching every other boat with people in it (even though they'll leave empty seats on those boats).

• Circle of Ancients

I can't remember a time when there wasn't a back-up in the armory. Even in the 80's same thing. The experience is fine.

• My life is better with DL

When I was there on Friday we were talking about this same problem! It seems that you cant get on the ride anymore without bumping the boat infront of you at some time...We also noticed the same thing with Splash mountain.

^This is the life!

• Clearing my Calendar

Personally, I hope the TNT room is one with the most change at the end of the refurb. Very rarely do I get straight up the ramp, and I feel that room has too little to look at to be sitting there for several stationary minutes.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• The one, the only...

I was there on Sunday and saw the same back-up. I noticed that the boats were not being lifted in a regular order. It would grab two boats then the lift chain would not pick up a boat for a while. I think that the lift chain is missing some "teeth" to put the boats back up so there is a delay. I have been on the ride since it opened and it is not supposed to be such large gaps between the boats going up. I think that this problem will be fixed by the renovation. Hopeful the whole lift will get a new chain and will go back to lifting 3 to 4 boats at a time as it was originally designed.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Lately, they have had just way too many boats running. The last few times, the traffic jam started before the jail scene to get back up the waterfall.

At a table in front of the French Quarter Market

Even at night when they only use one loading section, they're dispatching every other boat with people in it (even though they'll leave empty seats on those boats).
    Yeah, why do they do that? Why cram everyone into one boat and send one empty? It would be nicer for the riders if they were spread out evenly between the two boats.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Well riddle me this...how can they be running more boats now and "gone are the intimate days" when it was back in the 70s when they set the all time high attendance records?
    Maybe just when you used to go it was less crowded times? I dunno it just seems odd that they now run more boats but used to pump the higher capacity...

• Still wants to be a cat!

We even had our own boat the other day and the one in front of us was empty......still backed up for the first drop by 3 boats!!! For the climb at the end, 8 boats! I hope this is fixed with the refurb.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast