Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Closing time! Last Rides!

Sooooo if the park is closing at 8 does that mean as long as you are in line before 8 you we get on a ride?

• formerly very helpful

Re: Closing time! Last Rides!

That's my understanding, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by bjmort View Post
    Sooooo if the park is closing at 8 does that mean as long as you are in line before 8 you we get on a ride?
    Yep! If the ride has a 45 minute wait at park closing, they will continue cycling people through for 45 minutes, or however long it takes to get everybody on and off. And since they keep the Main St. shops open for, like, an hour after park "closing", it means you won't even still be the last people in the park. It usually takes about an hour to clear the park anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    Yep! If the ride has a 45 minute wait at park closing, they will continue cycling people through for 45 minutes, or however long it takes to get everybody on and off. And since they keep the Main St. shops open for, like, an hour after park "closing", it means you won't even still be the last people in the park. It usually takes about an hour to clear the park anyway.
    Yahoo, I know I have been at EPCOT like an hour after closing. They keep the shops open because as long as you're spending money, they will keep it open.

Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    <br>
    <br>
    I know I have been at EPCOT like an hour after closing. They keep the shops open because as long as you're spending money, they will keep it open.

Sorry, my post became two posts and got messed up.

•   
    • Minion

What the others have said. It's always been my experience that if the park closes at, say. 8:00, whoever is actually in the queue at 8 will get to ride.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

If you get in line for a ride with FP at closing time, the line moves much more quickly because there are no FP return times for after closing. It's a great time to ride RSR.

• MaliBOOMer

I remember getting in a huge line for Ghost Galaxy right at closing (this was during Mickey's Halloween Party). I was the last one in line and they honored my front seat request. (they often don't do preferred seating after closing) It is a great experience being one of the last ones out of the park.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Ken and I were just getting off RSR at about 9:50 and we decided to swing by ToT to see if we could make it on, got there a few minutes before 10 and asked if we could still get in line ( even though it was posted at a 40 min wait) and they said yes! The best part was that we only waited like 15 min it was interesting walking back to the DCA entrance cause it looked so empty!
    WDW: 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997, 2003, 2014
    Disneyland: 1997, 2001, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2014

"Mustard... Yes, but MUSTARD?! Don't let's be silly!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    I heard somewhere that there are 999 dead people living in The Haunted Mansion........

Quote Originally Posted by lalolovesme View Post
    If you get in line for a ride with FP at closing time, the line moves much more quickly because there are no FP return times for after closing. It's a great time to ride RSR.
    You can only do that if you actually have a fast pass for the last hour the park is open, as they no longer honor late returns for FPs.

• Former Churro Jockey

That's what they've always done in the past, however they always reserve the right to change their policies at anytime without notice. So my rule of thumb is that I don't plan for it (so I don't save the ride I most want to go on for 5min before closing) but if it works out, great. I've never heard of them ever closing the line of a ride before the actual closing time, but they do that for restaurants, and I personally have done that many, many times with an ODV cart, so someday they might!
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    You can only do that if you actually have a fast pass for the last hour the park is open, as they no longer honor late returns for FPs.
    Re-read the post you quoted again.

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    That's what they've always done in the past, however they always reserve the right to change their policies at anytime without notice. So my rule of thumb is that I don't plan for it (so I don't save the ride I most want to go on for 5min before closing) but if it works out, great. I've never heard of them ever closing the line of a ride before the actual closing time, but they do that for restaurants, and I personally have done that many, many times with an ODV cart, so someday they might!
    Way back in 1988 at WDW my friend and I tried to get in line for Space Mt. about 5 - 6 minutes before closing and were told by a very friendly but also very firm CM that they were not allowing anymore guests into the line.

Other than that one time I've never encountered a problem getting in line at or near closing
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Re-read the post you quoted again.

I did, but it wasn't clear whether the fast pass was for closing time, or if the poster meant any old fast pass for that ride from earlier in the day.

Unless they meant the ride has FP, not that you are holding one. My reading comprehension is a little off today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast