Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Would it be possible to add....?

The Rock n' Roll Rollercoaster in WDW would be perfect for DCA's Hollywood Studios. Would it be possible to add that attraction? I feel like it would be a great addition especially because they tried to make something like that back in 2001 when they opened Superstar Limo (except the whole conception of the ride changed due to respect for Princess Diana's death and the ride was awful).

• #bringevilback

Re: Would it be possible to add....?

Unlikely, as we already have a coaster in that park, and disney doesn't really do coasters. Personally, I wasn't a huge fan of it...I much prefer our outdoor, long coaster vs the indoor, twisty, ear smashing one.

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    Unlikely, as we already have a coaster in that park, and disney doesn't really do coasters. Personally, I wasn't a huge fan of it...I much prefer our outdoor, long coaster vs the indoor, twisty, ear smashing one.
    What other rollercoaster is in Hollywood Studios? I think it would attract a lot of people especially since it's so popular in WDW.

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by ALittleMermaid View Post
    What other rollercoaster is in Hollywood Studios? I think it would attract a lot of people especially since it's so popular in WDW.
    California Screamin is in Paradise Pier and maintains a good draw of guests. Hollywood land doesn't really have much room for a coaster, without removing a majority of the current attractions. Personally, I'd prefer something new. Land theming aside, give me a door coaster over RnRC

• Senior Minion

You could fit some kind of modified version, but I don't want it, I don't really want any more WDW clones. I want them to complete the 40's feel for the area, not add a modern rock band.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Done with MC.

I'd rather have something original and out doors.

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

The idea of adding the Rock n' Roller Coaster to DCA's Hollywood Backlot has been proposed numerous times, around here. I've never been on the ride (or anything else at WDW), but it's gotten generally favorable reviews from MC'ers. As others, here, are saying, I really don't want a clone of it (or anything else from WDW) but something in the same vein might be cool. Maybe a thrilling adventure that would fit in with the backlot theme. It could be a fantastic jaunt through active movie sets, crashing through props, dodging tour busses, etc. Others have shown that there is enough building space to build a moderately-sized coaster in HBL - if one or more buildings could be made taller.

Just a nit-pick, but if Disney doesn't really do coasters, what do you call California Screamin', Goofy's Flight School, Space Mountain, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Gadget's Go Coaster? Very themed coasters (in most cases), but coasters nonetheless.
    Last edited by BiggestDisneyFan; 06-11-2014 at 07:34 AM.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Maybe do a rockin roller coaster with another band to make it unique to california. Change the layout as well so it's not an exact clone of the track

• Former Churro Jockey

I'm a huge fan of the ride, so I'd be all for them bringing it to DCA. I wouldn't mind them updating the band though. I think Foo Fighters would be a lot of fun...
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by ALittleMermaid View Post
    The Rock n' Roll Rollercoaster in WDW would be perfect for DCA's Hollywood Studios. Would it be possible to add that attraction? I feel like it would be a great addition especially because they tried to make something like that back in 2001 when they opened Superstar Limo (except the whole conception of the ride changed due to respect for Princess Diana's death and the ride was awful).
    Like Bob posted I'd like them to complete the 40's look and I just don't see how a RnRcoaster would fit that.

Much rather see a POTC-scale family attraction based on one or more of Disney's early works.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

I think that Disney wants to maintain its identity as a family friendly park and not have more than one roller coaster with inversions per park. This is because most, if not all, little kids would never ride a roller coaster with inversions. Now, I could see them adding a RnRC with a different layout and band, which could enable it to not have inversions.

It is very funny how everyone complains about how there is way too much Pixar in the park and then asks for the Monsters Inc. Door Coaster.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    The idea of adding the Rock n' Roller Coaster to DCA's Hollywood Backlot has been proposed numerous times, around here. I've never been on the ride (or anything else at WDW), but it's gotten generally favorable reviews from MC'ers. As others, here, are saying, I really don't want a clone of it (or anything else from WDW) but something in the same vein might be cool. Maybe a thrilling adventure that would fit in with the backlot theme. It could be a fantastic jaunt through active movie sets, crashing through props, dodging tour busses, etc. Others have shown that there is enough building space to build a moderately-sized coaster in HBL - if one or more buildings could be made taller.
    So they should basically add something like Superstar Limo into HBL except they should bring back the original concept of Superstar Limo which is this thrilling journey in Hollywood and you're dodging paparazzi and seeing all of the Hollywood hot spots and it's kind of like an Indiana Jones ride but in Hollywood. I would love to see a ride like this in HBL.

I think more people would prefer a roller coaster, maybe not something like California Screamin', but something more like Indiana Jones. It attracts Adults, teens, and even some kids. It would be smarter to put another coaster than rather a ride like Alice in Wonderland where it mainly attracts kids.

• Your cadaverous pallor

if there was to be one in DCA then I would turn the disney jr. show buliding into the G-force records building, do the Q and pre-ride while you slowly make your way under the ground and then I would have the launch platform right under Hollywood blvd. then have you launched under the street into the dancing with disney building (formerly who wants to be a millionaire) and have the inversions and the rest of the ride take place in there and then you exit the vehicles under the street and have the option to go toward muppets and exit street level or Hollywood Blvd exit to re-leave traffic (there wouldn't be a picture taken)
    I Fresh baked!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer45 View Post
    I think that Disney wants to maintain its identity as a family friendly park and not have more than one roller coaster with inversions per park. This is because most, if not all, little kids would never ride a roller coaster with inversions. Now, I could see them adding a RnRC with a different layout and band, which could enable it to not have inversions.

It is very funny how everyone complains about how there is way too much Pixar in the park and then asks for the Monsters Inc. Door Coaster.
    CS is one of my six year old niece's favorite rides. People keep saying Disney needs to aim at kids, which is fine, but they don't need to aim at toddlers, which is a lot of what they've been doing lately. But in this case, I do think a non-thrill E-ticket would be a better choice for the land since it already has ToT.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast