Question Downtown Disney job transfers into the park..

(I am not sure if this is the correct area to post this question in, so please move this wherever it needs to go!)
    I have an opportunity to work at a restaurant in Downtown Disney (not the ESPN Zone which I know is owned by Disney) and was told that if one were to work in Downtown Disney they could just transfer into the actual park without having to go through all the hiring processes of testing, interviewing, etc. This person told me because I work in Downtown Disney I would technically be a "Disney employee" which is how the transfer could be made possible. Does anyone here know if this is true? Definitely would take a load off my back it were

Thanks to anyone with info!

Re: Downtown Disney job transfers into the park..

This is only semi true. Several of the stores in Downtown Disney are actually owned by Disney (World of Disney, Marceline's Confectionery, D-Street, Vault 28, Studio Disney 365, WonderGround Gallery). If you are employed at one of these locations you are a Disneyland Resort CM and therefore can cross-train to stores within the parks or transfer to different department.

However, all of the other locations in Downtown Disney are considered Operating Participants, which means that while they get some perks (i.e. their ID can get just them into the parks but not others unless they're at management level), they have not been hired and vetted by Disney Casting. So you would have to apply for any in-park position like an other person. Being a Downtown Disney Employee will probably help you land a position though as you are semi-familiar with Disney's protocol and keys for success.

• Under that tree again!

That's not correct.

You are only a Disney Employee if you work for Disney. Disney doesn't own Tortilla Joes or Hagan Dazz ect... DTD rents to tenants and owns a few of the stores and the kiosks.

Also ESPN Zone is not owned by Disney, a tenant rents the place and licenses the ESPN brand.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Maybe they could have a couple of big concert bouncers from the HOB transfer to DL park security.