• #bringevilback

Trip Report: Magical and Fantasmic!

Well, after wanting to see Magical for a while I decided to finally head over since I needed to stay up late before working tomorrow night.

I love this time at disneyland, where there's still some daylight left but the lights are all on.

I had never done a pyro cruise on Storybook Canals so I headed there, they said to hop in line about 20-25 minutes before the show and just let them know at the front.

I still had 45 minutes so I decided to head to SR on Matterhorn...when did this ride turn into Splash Mountain??? I was in the front and I got SOAKED! Everyone in the sled was like, what just happened?!?! I risked the FL side and didn't get wet, thankfully.

I headed over to Storybook and waited out, only to hear the announcement that due to high winds it may be partially or completely cancelled. We didn't hear anything else so they sent me on a boat and just before Monstro they announced Magical was delayed. Our guide was great, took it super slow (others on the boat were like, uh, are we stuck?) and then quick through the tunnels. After delaying as long as possible we were just about done and heading under the final bridge when the fireworks started! He backed the boat up and we had a great view and could just barely hear the music.

I just took pics on my phone, so sorry they are blurry. It was so cool to be on the water, with the fireworks reflecting off the water, kind of isolated from everyone else. Tink did have some trouble though, just after taking off she had a hard stop (was swinging back and forth quite roughly) then they turned off her lights and she slowly went down and never did a second flight, and Dumbo didn't fly either. I need to see the show from the castle soon now too!

I was off quickly since we were already at the end and enjoyed seeing FL empty.

Next was Fantasmic, and I was able to grab a seat outside River Belle Terrace and read for half an hour before the show. I just love Fantasmic!

Tic Tock Croc was out, and I feel like I haven't seen him in ages

And Murphy was there! I remembered someone posting on here a couple of weeks ago that she was out for a while but she seemed to be working fine, except for she didn't breath fire.

BTMR was next on my list...so fun at night, but the big explosion didn't happen on the last lift.

I finished with a stop at the castle

And then a quick stop at city hall to again voice my displeasure about the characters being removed (they again suggested sending an email and including some of the cute pictures I used to plead my case).

Re: Trip Report: Magical and Fantasmic!

Awesome trip report! THANKS!!
    Props to Poisonedapples for the cool sig!

• Meh

Nice pics! Thanks for that!
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

• #bringevilback

It was a fun night, with a new experience. The Grads cleared out mostly after the fireworks, but our tram stopped twice on the way since they wouldn't stop standing up and opening doors. So glad they'll be done after next week!

• Grim Grinning

I was there! I was waiting for Pirates when the fireworks were supposed to start but didn't hear the announcement. The Evil Queen was out all 4 days I was there, so hopefully she doesn't go anywhere. Looks like you had a great time, the fireworks cruise is fun.

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    I was there! I was waiting for Pirates when the fireworks were supposed to start but didn't hear the announcement. The Evil Queen was out all 4 days I was there, so hopefully she doesn't go anywhere. Looks like you had a great time, the fireworks cruise is fun.
    She was supposed to be out all week, today should be her last day