Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Smile Raging Spirits at DCA?

Disney has been talking about cloning this DLP/TDS attraction for HKDL but, I could see it coming into the DCA roster as well.

This ride could also be executed as an Indiana Jones/Hollywood set type of adventure, or a historical mine train adventure (somewhat Big Thunderesque.)
    Due to space limitations, there's nowhere in Adventureland at Disneyland where this ride could ever go, and particularly since it is so similar to existing attractions like Indy and BTMRR.
    It could go into a Spanish/Mexican themed area, perhaps as part of Timon's conversion to DCA Phase II.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Raging Spirits at DCA?

I'd be cool with Raging Spirits and/or Turtle Twister at DCA.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Hmmm maybe Turtle Twister and Mermaids Lagoon should be a part of a DisneySea CALIFORNIA....

Hey why not have Timon become the "Pacific Ocean" and build an abbreviated DisneySea on the remaining land behind Paradise Pier and the Wharf?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Disney has already bought and earmarked land for DLR's third gate expansion.
    Here is a map showing where it is going to go. A water park will be included.

The link below might also be of interest to you, as it discusses plans for the new park. They may or may not break ground by 1010, though. Also, the article doen't mention the park's name or any of the actual rides that will be included. Like you, I'm hoping for DisneySea, California or DisneySea, California. Even better, perhaps we'll get a "Best Of" park called WesCOT DisneySea (with the top attractions from EPCOT, DisneySea and maybe even animal Kingdom)

http://www.intercotwest.com/news/2001/02/13/001.asp

To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Since Raging Spirits is a rethemed Temple du Peril, it could be rethemed for DLR. Like said above,

a proposed Spanish exploration aspect of California (Califia Spirit/Earthquake theme),

a mining theme, if the Redwood theme is extended over near Route 66 or Paradise Pier and San Francisco

a Frontier theme, which would I propose is removing Big Thunder Mountain (can't wait for people's response..) and intertwine Raging Spirits within the mountains

if they build the villians land, build it with a villian theme.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

DustySage was talking LAND SWAP between the new Anaheim shopping center and the site on that map... If they could swing that, and make Harbour dip down below a DowntownDisney Pedestrian bridge, that would make a sweet entry to the third park area.

However, I just don't see a DisneySeaCotAnimalKingdom mishmosh as the solution, and I dont' see DisneySea opening in Anaheim as the third gate, hard to pull off without an ocean.

So the best we can hope for is some of the seaside theming to be tacked on to DCA to complete the land and sea scape of our state. Themeatically it works better and the third park could be more of an educational park with Dinosaur ride/Living Seas/Land kind of format... DisneySchool hehehe.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Oh and we never take out an "E" ticket because some other park is getting a new "E" ticket with a similar theme.

Hence Jungle Cruise in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom and then Kali River Rapids with real animals at Animal Kingdom.

You dont' take out the old ride, you just hope the guests didn't JUST ride that a minute ago.

• ...TWO BITS!

My idea is to use the raging spirits ride tech in, around, and hugging the Grizzly Mountain. Queue and station would be north of the GRR lifthill or inside the hollow part of the mountain. I don't think the tracks would destroy the landscpe, but enhance it. Probably no loop though, but perhaps inside the mountain.

If Condor Flats does become more forest theme, a new desert land would have to be built. Probably behind Pacific Wharf and be called "Desert Scape" or something. Then put the Raging Spirits type ride there. Or use a spinning roller coaster with an inspiration from "Home on the Range"'s Echo Mine chase scene.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

No no and no... something new! something with a story!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

DisneySea at the edge of California does have a backstory...

ACtually Raging Spirits which is a copy of the Indy coaster at DLP was actually proposed for Disneyland in the 80's.

It was one suppose to be part of Indiana Jones expedition. Coincidnetally Mr Hill wrote an article about it today.

In my opinion raging spirits is a terrible coaster. If anything i would just build it in the northern half of Tom saywer Island and theme it to match the frontier area. i would not waste land in DCA or the remaining 20plus acres of timon lot.

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Then again, wouldn't it be redundent to BTMRR?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    They may or may not break ground by 1010, though.
    Lol I'm thinking not, they are about 996 years too late.

I just have to wonder how Raging Spirits fits into DCA at all...I mean the outside look works in the jungle because it's an excavation around a temple...what are you excavating in California?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    Disney has already bought and earmarked land for DLR's third gate expansion.
    Here is a map showing where it is going to go. A water park will be included.

The link below might also be of interest to you, as it discusses plans for the new park. They may or may not break ground by 1010, though. Also, the article doen't mention the park's name or any of the actual rides that will be included. Like you, I'm hoping for DisneySea, California or DisneySea, California. Even better, perhaps we'll get a "Best Of" park called WesCOT DisneySea (with the top attractions from EPCOT, DisneySea and maybe even animal Kingdom)

http://www.intercotwest.com/news/2001/02/13/001.asp

The only problem with that information and graphic is that it was written and posted just a few days after DCA opened in 2001. Back then, Disney was still thinking they had a chance with this park and Pressler and Harris were fooling everybody and themselves into thinking the park would be a smash.

Nothing of that sort actually happened.

Of course the plans have changed by now and I think a third gate is the last thing that they want built while DCA is still failing to draw in the numbers it was built for.

As for Raging Spirits, I think it it could be themed to a gold-rush ride or something of that sort, it would be fun... But I really would prefer an all-new ride instead of a re-dressed clone.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Maybe Lassiter has the same soft spot for DisneySea as the MiceChatters...

The following DisneySea attractions could fit in a California Seaside area of DCA.

Ariel's Greeting Grotto
    Ariel's Playground
    Aquatopia
    Blowfish Balloon Race
    "BraviSEAmo!"
    DisneySea Electric Railway (American Waterfront)
    DisneySea Electric Railway (Port Discovery)
    Flounder's Flying Fish Coaster
    Fortress Explorations
    Journey to the Center of the Earth
    Jumpin' Jellyfish
    Magic Lamp Theater, The
    Mermaid Lagoon Theater
    Raging Spirits
    "Sail Away"
    Scuttle's Scooters
    StormRider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast