Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   

Impact of triple blackout on attendance

Curious - anyone note any differences on crowd size last weekend? It was the first weekend of summer vacation for us. I am just wondering is there had been any noticeable effect of the recent changes.

• Vidia's Minion

Re: Impact of triple blackout on attendance

This past Saturday was surprisingly nice not sure about Sunday, I had to make a run in the morning to get somethings I forgot to buy on Sat, the morning looked even more tame than usual. It'll take time to tell but hopefully it'll buy a bit of breathing room for the the vacationers.

•   
    • Minion

I have noticed Saturdays are usually sane. It's Friday night's and Sundays that could get crowded. I would be interested in seeing this in a years time.

I did a half-day trip yesterday morning. Seemed manageable enough, but I spent the bulk of my time at DCA (after a very quick visit to DL to take in Star Tours and Pirates early). Lines for food were short at lunch time. When we left at about 1:30, there seemed to be ample parking in M&F.
    "I know this is probably your first flight, and it's...mine too!"

•   

Sounds encouraging. I'm looking at a July trip with my son near the end of the month. It'll definitely fall on the weekend - no chance for days off during the week for me.

Thanks for the Intel!

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Saturday was wonderful with a very limited amount of guests. You could also very clearly tell that the crowd was not APs too. Not to stereotype, but DAS did not appear to be in use half as much, no ridiculous gangs, and everyone seemed a little happier cause of the lower crowds. It was even a grad night and it didn't feel packed!
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Went on Saturday and it seemed rather empty. Arrived at the M&F structure with no line to get in. I was able to get on the first tram, then seen the mass of grads coming and thought it would be a bad idea to go that day. Went to DCA first and it was quiet. Racers was only a 60 minute wait for standby. Went to DL and it was more crowded as the grads were hanging out there first but seemed as though most wait times were no more than 40 minutes. DL started to die down later as grads made their way to DCA. I've noticed the past few years Saturday crowds had started to shrink and this past Saturday it was a huge difference. Did notice more people with tickets and not APs.

This was Cars Land around 3:00

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 1294
Size:  119.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    Saturday was wonderful with a very limited amount of guests. You could also very clearly tell that the crowd was not APs too. Not to stereotype, but DAS did not appear to be in use half as much, no ridiculous gangs, and everyone seemed a little happier cause of the lower crowds. It was even a grad night and it didn't feel packed!
    I agree 100% with you - crowds were not as bad AND it was grad night. I didn't know they had grad nights on the weekends so it was sort of a surprise for us. Anyhow, I have noticed that there are way more DAS users when the other passes are valid. Clearly people are still abusing this and it's mostly AP holders. So we've decided as a family, that we'll only go to DL when all the passes are blocked (we have premium). We're big spenders there so we'll fit in just fine with the tourists.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Crazy when Saturdays are the 'less crowded' days at the park
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    It's been this way for a while. Back when I had an AP I went to Deluxe from So Cal for the additional Saturdays. Of course this was still before the Birthday ticket giveaway and the payment plan which really made things worse.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• I Fly to Disneyland

We have Premier passes and strongly favor blackout days. On most Sundays, we arrive at open but leave by noon.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    It's been this way for a while. Back when I had an AP I went to Deluxe from So Cal for the additional Saturdays. Of course this was still before the Birthday ticket giveaway and the payment plan which really made things worse.
    You do know that the birthday giveaway was only for one year(2009)? We are now in the era after the Birthday ticket giveaway. I didn't know it was still impacting anything attendance wise, or if it ever was.

• Perfect Insanity

Last summer we noticed a big difference in how crowds were. It felt more like what one would consider the off season to be like. We would go an hour or two before the sun went down to avoid the heat. Most the time this was on Fridays or Sats. The crowds were always surprising low for summer time. I know we enjoyed it and hopefully it will be that way again this summer.
    Princess Anna

Mom To
    Video Game Player-Noah (6/5/98)
    &
    Baseball Player, All Stars Basketball Player & All Net Champ -Kaleb (3/8/02)
    &
    Ballerina Princess Skylar (9/21/06)
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

etsy.com/shop/FantasyFunTutus

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
    We have Premier passes and strongly favor blackout days. On most Sundays, we arrive at open but leave by noon.
    That'd be nice to make small trips like that but my family lives in Roseville which is right outside sacramento. We only make it out to DLR 4 or 5 times a year if we're lucky. With where we live and our not being able to visit so often we got Premier Passes for no blockout dates but now it'll be SO MUCH NICER on triple blockout days after a 400 mile drive. Sorry locals.

• Rock Star Minion

The average guest pays, on average, more on a Triple-Block Saturday. According to Econ 101, the quantity demanded should be lower.
    So, not crazy. Completely natural, actually.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast