Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

•   
    • Minion

Re: What action would be taken if Disneyland were threatened by fire?

Emergency situations on the Disneyland Property, is probably the most contentious subject... One that they didn't actually design for or think about mostly... It has been covered in many books on Disneyland, because the concept is so fantastic...

But I am sure since 9/11 they have thought of an evacuation plan... Whether or not that plan is practicle, I don't know... But my understanding is the thing they fear most is crouds panicing...
    Check out my other blog:

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    And we are by no means rich. About 60% of my parents' household income goes to the mortgage (that's way above what it should be). So to even imply that I deserve to have my house burned down just because I live in a place that backs up to a wildnerness preserve is callous. I'm sorry if someone else is **** poor and lives in a squalid apartment in Carson or something, but we are very lucky to have what we do, and it would be a horrible slap in the face to not only lose it, but be told that we DESERVED to lose it.
    I assume you're referring to my post. I did not imply any such thing. You might have inferred that I implied it, but you'd be wrong. I think it is a risk to live in such areas, and that is why I choose not to. Same reason I don't live in a beach house overlooking the water. Same reason I don't live on a steep cliff. If these places weren't expensive to live in, maybe I would, but when I combine costs with risks, it's just not a choice I'm going to make.

This, I find way more callous than anything you imagined from my callous-filled brain:
    The only hope I cling to is that my neighbors' homes get all burned up before ours (we're on the middle of the street-- no view!).
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Old Timer

Create a firebreak,

Burn DCA!
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

But if Disneyland burned down, it would be sad, but then it would also be a great way to start anew and build great new innovative attractions, restaurants, and shops. i.e. DCA should all burn down, and Toontown, and Autopia/Innoventions.
    OUCH....C'mon folks...
    Burn DCA!

GEE...LET'S CALM DOWN NOW, GANG!

(One quick story comes to mind.) I was working downstairs in NOMK, when in the French Market Kitchen upstairs - a rookie frycook panicked when a small fire broke out in the vent of a deep-fat fryer. He should have used a hand-held extinguisher, but instead pulled the ring on the overhead system..which drenches the entire work area, and all the exposed food and sauces in it, to an avalanche of white, powdery stuff that's good for putting out fires but real bad for food. I went upstairs to see it and thought I was in Mammoth.
    They closed the restaurant for the next two days.
    PS...My thoughts and prayers to all living in the current fire area.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

Hmm the parks are rather empty that I've heard from numerous reports.. *puts on smoke mask and runs to park*

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123