Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Dreaming of next trip

Problems renewing passes. Where is the quality control?

I am shocked at how slipshod Disneyland has gotten. We renewed our annual passes on line, got the confirmation number and printed it out. After waiting a while and the passes did not come. So I call the annual pass renewal line and the original order did not go through. So we renewed it over the phone at the new price. We had renewed at the old price.
    Today we got the mail, everything was there except the cards. The invoice was there stating that the credit card had been billed but no annual passes. The folder that is supposed to hold the passes was there but no cards.
    This is now strike two.
    So I have to call DisneyLand again so they can fix this mess.
    The old cards had an expiration date on them so they could not be used.
    In a matter of moments we went from the emotional high that we had our cards to a low that made us wonder if Disneyland cares anymore. We live 7 hours away so we have to plan our trips, we have to stay in a hotel and we buy a lot of stuff while there. In short we are the ideal pass holders, yet they seem to be trying to keep us away.
    So now we wait again for the new cards to come in the mail.
    I know they are trying to control crowds but if they keep this up there will be a lot fewer people going to the parks.
    Sorry but I had to vent, they can't even process a simple transaction properly. Disney has lost some of their magic with us.
    I am hopping that they can get everything done right this time.

Re: Problems renewing passes. Where is the quality control?

Hopefully your cards don't activate until going through the turnstiles. I'd hate to see you waste available days.

Sorry to hear about this. I hope they clean up their mess for you all.

• Dreaming of next trip

The cards will probably expire at the same time.
    All they have done is to say that they are sorry.

In a week we should know if they have fixed it.

don't take this as a guarantee, but I am willing to bet that if you did have a trip planned and have not received your cards, you would probably be able to get them from the ticket booths or guest relations window.

• Dreaming of next trip

yes we could arrange to pick them up at the ticket booth, but we would need to book a hotel for the trip and with no valid Ap no discount. The biggest problem was today, the letter came and it was like a kid at christmas seeing a large present from grandma, you know the one who sent the best toys ever. only to find out this time it was underwear. That is how I felt.
    now we wait.

I'd send them a copy of your original receipt & fight to get them at the old price.

• Grim Grinning

I had the same thing happen when I renewed mine last year. My sister and I renewed ours at the same time. Her card came, mine never did. I gave it a few days, then called them to ask what happened. They said I never renewed. I told them I had, went back and forth a bit and got them to let me renew at the original price even though my renew date had already passed and I was supposed to pay the new price. I'm sure they'll make it right.

You can book a hotel room over the phone and say that you will be getting your AP before the visit. They will give you the AP rate and as long as you show them your card before checking out, they will give you the discount.

I had to do this a few months ago when I visited with my parents. We booked the room a month before I got a new pass. When I checked it, I gave them my pass and they confirmed my AP discount.

• Dreaming of next trip

Thank you all for your ideas they are great. It was just a shock to see the letter with everything in it, the discount coupon, the invoice, the information about the new cards, the card holder, but no cards.
    The last cast member I talked to left me underwhelmed, this was a major mistake on the part of Disney and the cast member handled it as if there was nothing wrong other than to say they were sorry. The first cast member was much better.
    We are not looking for anything special but the oh well stuff happens reaction of the last CM left me wondering what is going on with Disney.

I wasnt even able to renew online for some reason. It said I had to call or renew in person. I just renewed at the park since I was going before the expiration. Obviously that doesnt work for everyone. As mentioned, you dont need an actual valid AP to book hotel rates, you just need the AP when it is time to pay.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mouseknotts View Post
    I am shocked at how slipshod Disneyland has gotten. We renewed our annual passes on line, got the confirmation number and printed it out. After waiting a while and the passes did not come. So I call the annual pass renewal line and the original order did not go through. So we renewed it over the phone at the new price. We had renewed at the old price.
    Today we got the mail, everything was there except the cards. The invoice was there stating that the credit card had been billed but no annual passes. The folder that is supposed to hold the passes was there but no cards.
    This is now strike two.
    So I have to call DisneyLand again so they can fix this mess.
    The old cards had an expiration date on them so they could not be used.
    In a matter of moments we went from the emotional high that we had our cards to a low that made us wonder if Disneyland cares anymore. We live 7 hours away so we have to plan our trips, we have to stay in a hotel and we buy a lot of stuff while there. In short we are the ideal pass holders, yet they seem to be trying to keep us away.
    So now we wait again for the new cards to come in the mail.
    I know they are trying to control crowds but if they keep this up there will be a lot fewer people going to the parks.
    Sorry but I had to vent, they can't even process a simple transaction properly. Disney has lost some of their magic with us.
    I am hopping that they can get everything done right this time.
    I think they're doing it on purpose. To you. And only you.

You have the confirmation number. That should be enough. I mean, that's what it's for.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    I'd send them a copy of your original receipt & fight to get them at the old price.
    I second this, especially since they've now created this additional hassle.

• Dreaming of next trip

I do not think it is on purpose but it is a case of sloppy workmanship and poor customer service skills. Disney claims to be good at customer service but they have fallen down on the job with this one.
    Still waiting for the new cards to arrive, needless to say the joy and magic of Disney has left.

• Minion

I agree with others, I'd show them my receipt and get my money back for paying extra.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast