Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Question Who would you like to see as the new Disney CEO?

It seems that the short list of possible replacements for Bob Iger is less than popular with MC'ers and the like. If you could pick the new CEO for Disney, who would it be? To kick this off, I'll start:

I know that it's not really a fair choice, since he's passed away, but I would have loved to see Steve Jobs as the next Disney CEO. Despite it being well known fact that Jobs could be... 'mercurial' and very demanding, I think he placed tremendous value in true creativity, loved the idea of surprising and delighting people with wonderful, new things, but also had the necessary appreciation for the amazing things that had already been created. He knew that saying 'no' to a lot of stuff helped ensure that his people didn't lose focus on making the few 'yes' items really great. Perhaps even more importantly, he could build an amazing team of people who shared his values, and could come up with ideas for new things and actually bring them to fruition. Lastly, he demanded top quality for all aspects of the customer experience, even if the implementation of that wasn't always perfect.

While I'm at it, I'd love it if Jobs could have brought some of his lieutenants with him. Tim Cook would likely be unbeatable at directing all of Disney's high-level operations and has no problems getting involved with lower-level activities, as necessary, to weed out problems. He is actually the man responsible for actually running Apple well enough that it is now one of the largest, most successfull in the world. Also, can you just imagine if Jonny Ive was put in charge of redesigning Tomorrow Land?

Now, I'm sure that some will say that some will say that, under Jobs, Disney resort tickets would be even more expensive than they are now, but I'll disagree in advance. Yes, Steve believed in charging a premium price for premium products, but he also seems to understand that it was necessary to adjust those prices in response to the trends of the market, not continually jacking those prices up simply because the customers would keep paying the exhorbitant fees, regardless.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• Heavy Breather

Re: Who would you like to see as the new Disney CEO?

Me. Haha, just kidding. Tony Baxter or John Lassater.

• formerly very helpful

I wouldn't mind getting the job, then doing nothing the whole year or two so they fire me, and give me a few million dollars as a buy out.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    Me. Haha, just kidding. Tony Baxter or John Lassater.
    ehh...I dunno about John. There would be no end to the Cars franchise if he takes over.

•   

I Would Like To See George Kalogridis Be The Next CEO Of Disney.

• Meh

Christopher Walken
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

Al Lutz

Someone who will undo most of the decisions made by the Iger management and the second half of the Eisner management to make it almost look as if they were never there (Keep ABC, ESPN, Pixar, and the Muppets and sell Marvel and Lucasfilm when they feel they can get a profit off the sale).
    Last edited by Indy Fan 1; 06-20-2014 at 01:22 PM.

• Down Pluto!

Matt Ouimet.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Disneyland History Lover

Kathleen Kennedy

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Victoria View Post
    Kathleen Kennedy
    She's probably the best choice, given that she's probably has the best background in terms of executive experience and familiarity with all of the types of business units Disney owns. But she's almost as old as Bob, they might want to go with someone younger.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Someone, anyone, who understands and is passionate about theme parks. Someone who will see the parks as their own unique, sophisticated medium (i.e., not solely existent to re-create established movie worlds) with endless creative possibilities. Someone whose formative years were positively impacted by 1970s Disneyland or 1980s EPCOT Center.

Clearly, the next CEO is going to be a left-brain administrator/finance/producer type - creatives typically only become top dogs of companies they create - but wouldn't it be nice if the next CEO genuinely loved the theme park side of the business or put someone of such mindset in charge of the P&R division.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RandySavage View Post
    Someone, anyone, who understands and is passionate about theme parks. Someone who will see the parks as their own unique, sophisticated medium (i.e., not solely existent to re-create established movie worlds) with endless creative possibilities. Someone whose formative years were positively impacted by 1970s Disneyland or 1980s EPCOT Center.

Clearly, the next CEO is going to be a left-brain administrator/finance/producer type - creatives typically only become top dogs of companies they create - but wouldn't it be nice if the next CEO genuinely loved the theme park side of the business or put someone of such mindset in charge of the P&R division.
    I'd be glad for some who, while not having a personal love for theme parks, is willing to delegate not to others who similarly dislike theme parks, but those who do have a passion for them and their unique medium of story telling.

• Rock Star Minion

This thread, being in the Disneyland forum, is getting a lot of responses about the parks.
    Parks are pretty stable and not a lot has to be one with them when looking from the tip-top. Films, TV are unstable and require more hands-on and eyes-on work.

So, I aagree with those who say "Someone who will delegate the Parks Division to someone who cares about the parks long-term and not just the short-term profit stream."
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast