Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Racers Fastpass Back on the Grid:(

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    How much of the general public knew that it was off the network? I don't remember signs saying so and the CMs don't say it. It seem like it was mostly one of those in the know" perks.
    I did think that that was unfair when I went today, because I knew (bc of micechat) and many others didn't.
    I did ask the cm who confirmed this, but nobody would think of asking because it was off the grid for so long.
    crazy

• The doctor is in

I will admit I wasn't entirely aware of the grid until I visited in March 2012. I got a FP for Star Tours and then went to Critter Country to get one for Splash Mountain because the return time for that one was later than the one I already had. When I put my ticket into the FP machine it wouldn't give me one. I asked a CM and she explained to me the grid and how you have to wait until your current FP is up before you can get another one.

I guarantee most guests who don't go very often, or are first time visitors, have no clue.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

When it off the system, I could get a Fast Pass for Racers, World Of Color, and another attraction.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• I Fly to Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I will admit I wasn't entirely aware of the grid until I visited in March 2012. I got a FP for Star Tours and then went to Critter Country to get one for Splash Mountain because the return time for that one was later than the one I already had. When I put my ticket into the FP machine it wouldn't give me one. I asked a CM and she explained to me the grid and how you have to wait until your current FP is up before you can get another one.

I guarantee most guests who don't go very often, or are first time visitors, have no clue.
    I'm not sure how long it's been there, but the fact that the RSR fast pass was off the grid was printed at the bottom of the FP:
    Name:  ca-rsr-fp.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  79.3 KB
    Preliminary data from this thread suggests that no one actually reads the Fastpasses though.
    Last edited by Sykes; 06-22-2014 at 02:16 PM.

Thanks Sykes, This was the first Fastpass that I have read through entirely! I'm not kidding. You hit the nail hard on the head.

Sorry if this is unrelated/obvious, but what is on the grid/off the grid right now? I remember reading something about it a while ago, but I don't remember what attractions it was.

• Can Only Wish For More!

I've never received a fastpass for Racers.

Glad it's on the grid. Kinda wish it wouldn't have Fastpass to reduce the craziness of the morning rush!
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by WannaCub View Post
    I've never received a fastpass for Racers.

Glad it's on the grid. Kinda wish it wouldn't have Fastpass to reduce the craziness of the morning rush!
    I have never gotten a FP for RSR, either. I hit the ride first thing or late at night when the line is shortest and just wait. I've yet to wait over an hour for it. The fastest I've gotten on so far was 35min. The FP system is what slows the wait times down to begin with.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

How much of the general public knew that it was off the network? I don't remember signs saying so and the CMs don't say it. It seem like it was mostly one of those in the know" perks.
    This was true when CS and RR were off the network. They didn't print that on the cards, and you sort of just had to know, or know to try to see if it were or weren't. But as far as I've noticed, the entire time RSR was off they did make a big point of stating as such, including the printed text on the pass in the screenshot above. Just like with World of Color how they do actually put a decent amount of effort in trying to get people to understand it doesn't block you from getting a different fastpass, RSR was like that until a couple of days ago. It wasn't an "in the know" thing with RSR.

Perhaps with the summer season blocking most of the Annual Passholders (who have a much higher use/abuse of DAS), they've decided it's finally time to normalize the operations?
    Madge, obsessive Disney freak!
    How everyone sounds singing "Let It Go"

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    How much of the general public knew that it was off the network? I don't remember signs saying so and the CMs don't say it. It seem like it was mostly one of those "in the know" perks.
    It used to be listed across the bottom of the Fastpass. I believe that the same phrase is still listed on FPs for World of Color. Last time I got a World Of Color FP I believe there was a similar notation stating that you may hold a FP for World of Color and an additional attraction. As someone said earlier: read the FP.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post

I think with casual tourists they would be more likely to read it because they are trying to figure out how it works. The time you can get your next Fastpass is written clearly on the ticket so confusion should be minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
    I'm not sure how long it's been there, but the fact that the RSR fast pass was off the grid was printed at the bottom of the FP:
    Name:  ca-rsr-fp.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  79.3 KB
    Preliminary data from this thread suggests that no one actually reads the Fastpasses though.
    That notice has been on there almost the entire time it has been off network.

Quote Originally Posted by theatremouse View Post
    RSR was like that until a couple of days ago. It wasn't an "in the know" thing with RSR.
    I think RSR has been back on the grid for a little over a month now.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwpalm View Post
    I think RSR has been back on the grid for a little over a month now.
    Yes, it has. The post you quoted is from back in June? Right after the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    When it off the system, I could get a Fast Pass for Racers, World Of Color, and another attraction.
    WOC is disconnected...or "off the grid" as is being described. WOC FP doesn't affect your ability to pull another attraction fastpass immediately. It is more like a ticket than fastpass.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast