Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Racers Fastpass Back on the Grid:(

Just saw this notice on a whiteboard: "Racers FP back on the Grid" or something of that nature. I'll probably add this to the Fastpass mega-thread. When I first saw this I thought, "Great way to move guests from a sparsely packed DCA to a crowded Disneyland"

Hopefully this is just an experiment and not permanent. Otherwise the Disneyland in the morning, DCA in the afternoon strategy will become more widespread. The good news is you can get another FP on the DCA network 2 hours after you get your Racers FP so it's not as bad as it sounds. I haven't checked if Screamin' is still on a different network but if they end up also networking Screamin' then mornings in DCA could get even emptier.

• The doctor is in

Re: Racers Fastpass Back on the Grid:(

I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. It could go either way.
    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I hope not.....man you get a FP and its going to make you wait 4 hours before letting you get a new one

• Future Imagineer

2 hours actually (unless your return time is earlier)
    Met Anna and Elsa over 600 times and not afraid to admit it. Just let it go

My YouTube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThomasTheImagineer

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I hope not.....man you get a FP and its going to make you wait 4 hours before letting you get a new one
    After you pull a fastpass, you can pull another one after either the start of your time, or 2 hours. Look at the bottom of your fast pass, it will tell you.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• The doctor is in

That would suck for anyone getting a nighttime FP for RSR.
    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    That would suck for anyone getting a nighttime FP for RSR.
    That wouldn't matter. You can still get a FP 2 hr later.
    After you pull a fastpass, you can pull another one after either the start of your time, or 2 hours. Look at the bottom of your fast pass, it will tell you.

I think this is a good thing. it means people will have to think about getting a fast pass for RSR first thing. As mentioned, you can get a new fast pass for something else 2 hours after you pull the fast pass, not 2 hours after you use the fast pass.

back at the end of may i got one in the morning for 10:00 -11:00 am, rode it at 10:05 went and got another one right away but it was for 7:00 -8:00pm

• Minion

I think it's a good thing. Just my opinion but you shouldn't be able to get a FP for te most popular attraction and then roll over to somewhere else and get another. To me having all FP attractions on the system keeps it balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I think it's a good thing. Just my opinion but you shouldn't be able to get a FP for te most popular attraction and then roll over to somewhere else and get another. To me having all FP attractions on the system keeps it balanced.
    I'd say having one system for attractions at DCA, one system for Disneyland attractions, a system for WoC, and possibly a future system for Fantasmic!/Aladdin is better for tourists and guests who don't do their research.

Balanced isn't the right word since not all Fastpass attractions are created equal and certain Fastpass attractions are more utilized than others. Is it balanced that Rodger Rabbit, Autopia, Indiana Jones and Space Mountain are on the same network? Is it balanced that California Screamin', Goofy's Sky School, and Grizzly River Run are on the same network as Racers?

It sounds like Screamin' is also going back on the network, which is another bad idea since Screamin' serves to draw guests into the many underutilized attractions of Paradise Pier. DCA currently has ample capacity to absorb guests that will now be spending less time in Paradise Pier so this change probably won't cause Stand-by queues to drastically increase in the rest of DCA.

• Chief Troublemaker

So is it already 'connected' or was there a future date?

Any 'boots on the ground' in Radiator Springs today?

edit- there is ONE report by ONE person on another site stating that they were unable to get FP today for Screamin' or Soarin' because they had an RSR FP. Machine spit out a 'you already have a FP active' slip.
    Last edited by Stormy; 06-21-2014 at 06:05 PM.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Look at the bottom of your fast pass, it will tell you.
    You want me to read my FastPass?! What is this, some dictatorship? You can't tell me what to do with my FastPass, it's mine! MINE I say. Next you'll be wanting me to not climb on ropes! And they say this is the land of the free.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    So is it already 'connected' or was there a future date?

Any 'boots on the ground' in Radiator Springs today?

edit- there is ONE report by ONE person on another site stating that they were unable to get FP today for Screamin' or Soarin' because they had an RSR FP. Machine spit out a 'you already have a FP active' slip.
    i saw saw an RSR FP on Instagram with the next available time at the bottom reflecting two hours from time drawn

• Minion

How much of the general public knew that it was off the network? I don't remember signs saying so and the CMs don't say it. It seem like it was mostly one of those "in the know" perks.
    Last edited by bigcatrik; 06-22-2014 at 09:22 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast