Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Re: Attractions we skip because.....

I usually skip the AstroOrbitors and Tea Cups because the spinning would ruin me for the rest of the day. I did like the above suggestion of asking to ride in the wheelhouse of the Mark Twain. I did that and it was fun talking with the pilot, and 'steering' around the Island!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Cant think of anything we make it a point to skip when we go, but there are rides that are fairly low on our priority list that wend up skipping due to time.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

I skip just about all the shows since as a kid I was forced to sit through them all, and I am just not a show kind of person, much prefer to be out and about moving, and riding rides, not sitting for a show.

I do like tiki room, so will generally see it. I also skip parades, too many people, and not worth the crowds.

I skip Goofy's fly school since I am too large, I also skip the canoes since I have horrible balance and am afraid I would fall in the water. Find the shows and parades over rated and incredibly boring IMO.

I skip Astro Orbiter and Dumbo. Casey Jr. Circus Train. Star Tours. Captain EO. All Meet&Greets. Autopia. Gadget's Coaster. Davy Crockett's Canoes. The Monorail. Both carousels. All of the rides in A Bugs Land. Mickey's "Fun" Wheel. Silly Symphony Swings.

I don't have kids and the group I usually go with feels we're too old to go on such attractions. Unfortunately I feel the same way about some attractions I've listed. Others I just absolutely dislike the experience.
    ~things are looking mighty satisfactual~

• Chief Troublemaker

Space, Star Tours, Teacups, Zephyr, S S Swings=motion sickness. Think I'm going to have to add Screamin' to the list, too. So far I haven't tried Mater for the same reason (looks teacuppy). Never seen Tarzan's Treehouse because of the number of steps involved.

Haven't seen Mr Lincoln or TSI in 40 years. Also skippable are the canoes, Dumbo, Autopia, pretty much everything in Bug's Land & Toon Town. Those are 'do it if the line's not too long'.

Wow, I just realized how many things I DON'T do!!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by tigga please View Post
    My autocorrect> your sarcasm

You know me too well...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Boise Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Wow, I just realized how many things I DON'T do!!
    Wow! This is exactly how I feel now... especially after reading all of these great responses. There are even MORE things that I am realizing that we have skipped, and not even intentionally.

I consider myself to be a very thorough and well organized person. I have, over the years, taken great pride in planning our family vacations to Disney, both Land and World. How is it possible that I didn't even know the Casey Jr. Circus train was still running? Haha!

I just pulled up the list of attractions on the DLR site ... the Shooting Exposition in Frontierland is still there? What's the Chip 'n Dale Treehouse? Or Pinocchio's Daring Journey? (I looked it up. It opened in 1983. It just seems impossible to me that I have no memory of ever going on this dark ride, or even seeing the entrance, although I'm sure that I have.)

I guess this just goes to show how many things there are to see.... and do..... and how many things I DO NOT want to miss in October. We are actually doing 7 park days. To some (probably many), that seems insane. But now more than ever, I feel it is completely reasonable. Thank you all for your great posts!

• Former Churro Jockey

There are a ton of attractions that I skip. First of all, I skip everything in Toontown, Fantasyland, A Bug's Land, and Main St. vehicles. I also skip everything in Paradise Pier except California Screamin and Toy Story Mania. Even when the subs were open, I skipped everything in Tomorrowland except for Space Mountain and Star Tours. I really spend the majority of my time on the west side of Disneyland (even as far as which restaurants I eat at).
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

•   
    • Banned User

As a kid I just wanted to go on rides, I skipped every show,band, parade, stage, etc. I don't even think I paid attention to shows until I was over 30. Now I'm dividing my park time between a couple of rides and then a parade and show here and there. Still, even though I just said that and am trying to broaden my horizons I just can't bring myself to wait in line to meet some princess or something. I don't care how old I get, I just can't get into that.

• Indiana Scott

I always skip the Explorer Canoes because frankly, I just don't wan't ot work that hard at the park. But after reading people describe the different view point of being that close to the water, island and everything else, I really want to try it. Unfortunately the last time I was there they weren't running.

Experienced once and have skipped every time since: Autopia, Innoventions, Finding Nemo subs, Buzz Lightyear Astroblasters, and the swinging cars on Mickey's Fun Wheel (that one because it made me sick). Have never done the Mad T Party, nor Tron when that was the theming. I know some people love the idea of booze at DCA, but I feel weird about it being at Disneyland Resort within the parks.

Last time we were there we rode the Zephyr and the Jellyfish, and I doubt I will do either again.

•   
    • Minion

I've done everything at least once, but there are certain rides I really don't go on anymore unless I have friends at the park that want to ride them:

Autopia
    Casey Jr.
    Dumbo
    Storybook Canal Boats
    Tiki Room

I also don't go on Indy or ToT anymore because those rides give me headaches. I usually avoid Peter Pan because I'm not willing to wait on a line that long.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• waitin' to board

...usually avoid the Tea Cups. Not a fan of spinning rides..

• Meh

I try not to skip very much, but if I'm there with a group of friends and noone has their kids then Peter Pan normally gets skipped cause of the line
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast