Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Eeyore Jr.

Re: Attractions we skip because.....

Hey! Another Boise resident here

We usually don't skip anything, but we also at minimum have 4 days to spend in the parks. There are certain attractions/rides I will only do once though. Astro Orbitor (uncomfortable), Autopia (don't like the exhaust smell), Canoes (hard work!) Oh, I guess we don't do Jumpin Jellyfish anymore, my kids have decided they have outgrown that, and it never did much for me to begin with. I do love to do the Bug's Land rides that a lot of people skip though. Heimlich cracks me up!
    Can't wait to finally get back next year after a 5 year absence! So much will be new: all of cars land, Little Mermaid, new star tours, BTMRR update, Mickey and the Magical Map. Very excited!

• And Dad was my hero.

Since having a child, we skip things with height restrictions. /unhelpful answer.

We never skip POTC and try to never skip Peter Pan.

We have always skipped Goofy's fly school, for some reason it just doesn't appeal.
    “You know, I have the strangest feeling I've seen that ship before... a long time ago, when I was very young.” ―George Darling

It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell. ― Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Mom kissed Walt View Post
    We have always skipped Goofy's fly school, for some reason it just doesn't appeal.
    I skip this just because it hurts me!

I haven't ridden Splash Mountain in years (way over a decade) because I have no interest in walking around the park in wet clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by SunsetLament View Post
    I haven't ridden Splash Mountain in years (way over a decade) because I have no interest in walking around the park in wet clothes.
    Its pretty sweet when its super hot. You dry off real quick in that Anaheim heat! If we do ride on not so hot days, its the last ride before hitting the hotel for a break.

• Boise Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMike View Post
    Hey! Another Boise resident here
    Boisean born and raised .... and one that absolutely loves DLR!

We usually don't skip anything, but we also at minimum have 4 days to spend in the parks. There are certain attractions/rides I will only do once though. Astro Orbitor (uncomfortable), Autopia (don't like the exhaust smell), Canoes (hard work!) Oh, I guess we don't do Jumpin Jellyfish anymore, my kids have decided they have outgrown that, and it never did much for me to begin with. I do love to do the Bug's Land rides that a lot of people skip though. Heimlich cracks me up!
    Can't wait to finally get back next year after a 5 year absence! So much will be new: all of cars land, Little Mermaid, new star tours, BTMRR update, Mickey and the Magical Map. Very excited!
    Sounds like we aren't the only ones that can spend days and days in the parks, which is SO great to know

After reading so many posts, I'm pretty sure we are skipping a few that I thought we would not miss... Autopia being #1. You're right, I do remember the exhaust fumes, and I remember now being sick from it. Have not done any of the Bugs Land rides. Heck, didn't even know that land existed until we discovered the shortcut to ToT the last time we were there. Some of those smaller rides looked like fun. I'm gonna look up Heimlich right now

Oh, you will see so many new things. I went last year on my daughters choir tour, and we were able to do Cars Land for the first time, as when we were there in 2012, we saw the premier red carpet event, but missed the grand opening by a day, darnit. Little Mermaid was great, I thought. I would do that again.... cool and relaxing, much like POTC. And we are in the same boat as you on a few of the rides... will be excited for the new BTMRR and Star Tours. Not sure what Mickey and the Magical Map are, but looking that up when I get done with this post as well Thanks for the tips fellow-Boise-goer.

Cheers!
    Last edited by boisemice; 07-11-2014 at 09:31 AM.

• Eeyore Jr.

We usually plan a weeklong trip, with 4-5 days for Disney and a couple days for other things such as beach, Universal, SD Zoo, or whatever is on the trip agenda that time around.
    I always try to ride/see everything once, and then we do our favorites as many times as possible. I never get tired of Disneyland, whether it is rides, character interactions, parades, shows, fireworks, you name it, I love it all!
    My kids have been since Cars Land opened, so I feel like I am way behind them haha. My middle son LOVES BTMRR so he is thrilled that it will actually be open when we go next year (knock on wood). I'm sure that one will be a 10x or more ride for us

Quote Originally Posted by Whipland View Post
    As an adult I am actually afraid of Casey Jr and here are my reasons: When the Casey train was made the average weight of Americans was much less than today. Today a average 13 year old probably weighs 25% more than one in the 1950s. Since Casey Jr is driven by an operator with a throttle control, my fear is that the train could be too top heavy for the narrow tracks, and possibly if going too fast the train might derail from the extra weight and topple over inverted into the Storybook canal.

I can't help thinking of people trapped upside-down in a cage underwater.
    I doubt the water is deep enough to drown you, but you would probably get some freebies if you managed to get derailed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123