Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Chief Troublemaker

Re: "Legends of Frontierland" Coming to Disneyland July 9th

Quote Originally Posted by theatremouse View Post
    I know the test run they did for this was in the Golden Horseshoe, but am I overlooking something? The official announcement seems to imply the activity is somehow "throughout" Frontierland, rather than just in one spot... I didn't actually even see mention of the saloon.

I know it's reasonable to assume this will be basically that same spiel, but I'm not so sure at this point?
    I assumed it was some kind of a 'treasure hunt' deal-io like that Pirate Treasure thingy they have at WDW. Except the 'theme' would be hunting for gold. Still 'meh'.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    Test run of what?
    They did a test run of this type of entertainment at the Horseshoe last year.

I take it the results of the test run were positive?

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I think it's stupid and hope it fails miserably. If this is the future of theme parks then you can count me as a former fan of theme parks.
    Well it was bound to happen eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Guests who enter the Golden Horseshoe, expecting a show, as it has provided for nearly 60 years, will be sadly disappointed, and wonder the the heck is going on.
    They seemed able to figure it out the last time they did this. I'm sure it will work out.

• film975

I can't remember if it was earlier this year or sometime last year, but they did what they called "play-testing" of this in the Golden Horseshoe. Maybe because they wanted it in a controlled environment in those early stages of it. I remember both Dateline Disneyland and Mousetalgia talking about it. But if it's in the outdoor portion of Frontierland I think that would be better. I thought I also heard a rumor that the Golden Horseshoe Revue maybe coming back for the 60th Anniversary.

• Loves Disney

Had to jump in I was their when the play testing happened and group of fellow mice chatters had a blast working as a team to achieve our goal, Jeff wrote a great article on everything. Here's a link to that article of anyone wants to read it The 626: Interactive Golden Horseshoe Play Test

Reading the article from the link above makes me think this would have more appeal to AP holders, as it seems like it would take a good chunk of time. If I am going to the park for 2-3 days only, I don't think I would choose to invest my time in "playing" this game. It does sound like it could be fun though.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbee View Post
    Reading the article from the link above makes me think this would have more appeal to AP holders, as it seems like it would take a good chunk of time. If I am going to the park for 2-3 days only, I don't think I would choose to invest my time in "playing" this game. It does sound like it could be fun though.
    Yeah, I agree, not appealing to me because I usually now go once or twice a year on a one day hopper. This would be the last thing I'd want to use my limited time on. However, I have had an AP in the past and possibly would have given it a try just to be able to fairly judge it for myself. I suppose I should at least applaud that it's using park iconography as the basis for the experience. But I don't really think that these games should be a replacement for attractions, which seems to be Disney's goal to me.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Sounds like it will bring a lot of energy to Frontierland. Right now, people just fly through on their way to Big Thunder or NOS. This will get them to spend time in the area. I'm excited about it.
    "I know this is probably your first flight, and it's...mine too!"

To me this screams of a crowd control measure. As others have stated, it's geared towards APH's. I think the hope is that a good amount of people on any given day will spend a significant amount of time with this treasure hunt type of event. My guess is that TDA is hoping to alleviate, however slightly, the crowd issues that seem to be plaguing DLR at the moment. This does have the potential to absorb some curious visitors and keep them occupied and out of lines for a few hours. As far as what it cannibalized to make it happen, well that's up for debate. Yet it seems like a minor solution to the overcrowding issues. I'm sure it won't take away all of the problems but it certainly couldn't hurt.
    "Fairy tales, then, are not responsible for producing in children fear, or any of the shapes of fear; fairy tales do not give the child the idea of the evil or the ugly; that is in the child already, because it is in the world already. Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. What fairy tales give the child is his first clear idea of the possible defeat of bogey."
    -
    G.K. Chesterton

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteWhale View Post
    To me this screams of a crowd control measure. As others have stated, it's geared towards APH's. I think the hope is that a good amount of people on any given day will spend a significant amount of time with this treasure hunt type of event. My guess is that TDA is hoping to alleviate, however slightly, the crowd issues that seem to be plaguing DLR at the moment. This does have the potential to absorb some curious visitors and keep them occupied and out of lines for a few hours. As far as what it cannibalized to make it happen, well that's up for debate. Yet it seems like a minor solution to the overcrowding issues. I'm sure it won't take away all of the problems but it certainly couldn't hurt.
    That is my hope. Instead of waiting in line for Big Thunder they could be participating in this new experience.

• film975

Looks like it begins on July 9th. The DisneyParks Blog posted the official announcement today...

Disneyland Park Guests to Create the Story of ‘Legends of Frontierland: Gold Rush!’ « Disney Parks Blog

• Minion

The Pirate Game (Treasures of the Seven Seas) at MK is an excellent feature (just as the new interactive wand experience at Potterland looks to be). These are background diversions that utilize the land as a canvas and employ lots of distinct physical FX.

A sample of one of the five game maps (but games are variable, so there are additional paths):
    A Pirate's Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas - Haven Defense - YouTube

If this Legends of Frontierland is anything like those interactive experiences in Florida, it would be cause for excitement. However, it seems unlikely, as construction of such elements would be noted for months in advance. Would love to see a Western version of MK's pirate game.

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    It''s incredibly sad that the Golden Horseshoe, which has hosted a variety of shows, and incredible performers for nearly 60 years, since BEFORE Disneyland even opened, has shut out Both the Billies and the Laughing Stock not only out of Frontierland, but the entire Disneyland Resort.
    ' ;
    What is replacing the old fashioned shows? Some lame, odd mix of 'self entertainment' which will not be understood by the vast majority of DL Guests, mixed with some "secret menu" at the bar, and a cheap trinket stand with items that could be found in the discount bins of the local dollar store selling @ 10 for a buck.

Guests who enter the Golden Horseshoe, expecting a show, as it has provided for nearly 60 years, will be sadly disappointed, and wonder the the heck is going on.

"Placehollder?" - Why the HECK didn't Entertainment get their Butts in action LONG AGO, when they KNEW DL was going to can the Bilies and Laughing Stock? Oh, that's right, they did! And this lame *** wooden nickle hunt in the Golden Horseshoe was the BEST they could come up with. To suggest that thiis is only "temporary" until next year, sounds like someone at Disneyland is already giving this new temporary wooden nickle thing that thumbs down. Good Grief , just cancel this temporary Frontierland Wooden Nickle thing, spend the budget on something ellse ! ANY OTHER Type of entertainment!

I don't believe this new type of entertainment will do much to bring in business to the food counter in the Horseshoe!
    Wow. It's hard to believe someone could be so adamantly against something they've never experienced.

If you don't like it, don't go. No one is forcing you to do anything.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on… if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

"We've got a bill of sale right here..."
    Name:  Petes.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  6.6 KB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast