Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

• Greetings, Program!

Re: Pentagram On Splash Mountain?

Hey.....nobody told me Paul Pressler was back!!!
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

I suppose you could say the devils in the details!
    WALTER ELIAS DISNEY COMMUNITY OF TOMORROW- WEDCOT

Quote Originally Posted by Rob F View Post
    The emblem is from the Star Stoneware company, Crooksville, Ohio that made jugs like this from 1892-1945

Its not technically a pentagram since it has a circle in the center instead of a pentagon. The number indicates the gallons it holds.

I just opened the thread and immediately saw that it was the maker's stamp of the jug's manufacturer. Nice job finding the name of the stoneware company that used that logo.

(btw, in my day, we referred to these things as 'stars' or 'flowers'. People just have their minds in the wrong places these days. I blame the current villain obsession by a lot of fans.)
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

• Mrs. J. Depp

To me, seeing a pentagram is much like seeing a swastika. It's associated with evil doing and is therefore an inappropriate symbol. Though the pentagram may look like an innocent star, it's very much more than that and represents an age old depraved secret society.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    To me, seeing a pentagram is much like seeing a swastika. It's associated with evil doing and is therefore an inappropriate symbol. Though the pentagram may look like an innocent star, it's very much more than that and represents an age old depraved secret society.
    LOL, sure they are, friend. I'm glad you're not the parent of one of my wife's students who very proudly bring home their pentagram-inscribed homework daily.

So, what 'age old depraved secret society" are you referring to?
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    LOL, sure they are, friend. I'm glad you're not the parent of one of my wife's students who very proudly bring home their pentagram-inscribed homework daily.

So, what 'age old depraved secret society" are you referring to?

I'm not asking you to agree with me. The pentagram has a long history but is most notoriously known for representing the Illuminati and Freemasons. Which by my understanding, Walt Disney may have been a part of, though who really knows. My grandfather was a Freemason and what we discovered about it is pretty creepy.

Facebook me!

K.
    Madge, obsessive Disney freak!
    How everyone sounds singing "Let It Go"

The pentacle is not an evil sign. It's been used by Christians and pagans as a protective sign. People say it's used by satanists, but I've never seen any actual evidence of it. I've worn one myself, and I am most assuredly not a satanist. I'm a witch, but not a satanist. And of the many people I know who also wear the pentacle, none are satanists.

And what's wrong with the Freemasons? They're still around. No worse than any other religious society.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

•   
    • Minion

I always associated it with the five senses. Until this thread I never knew it had any connections to the devil honestly LOL

• Parking Lot > DCA

Sure. If we were really talking about an actual pentagram here, then we could discuss hokey religions and what the symbol means. Instead, what we are dealing with is a logo (or more of a brand, really), that is a star inside a circle. If you look closely there is a number inside the circle - that represents the gallon of the crock.

Check a few pages back. It's a company called Star Stoneware from Ohio. Throw that into Google and hit images and you'll see what I am talking about. It is exactly the same kind of crock that is in the attraction.

The brand you are seeing on Splash Mountain is not a pentagram. This is just another example of people spreading stuff around before doing proper research.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I always associated it with the five senses. Until this thread I never knew it had any connections to the devil honestly LOL
    There is a lot of lore that comes with the symbol. There are different meanings, but the "devil" connection most likely stems from the Western symbolism. Essentially: Turning the symbol upside down = evil. Later on Anton LaVey and before him, Aleister Crowley used the symbol for their occultist movements.

• "Always On The Move..."

What bothers me is seeing the "sad" face on the title of this thread, and some of the comments about a pentagram being evil (as well as the disparaging remarks about Freemasons). The pentagram is a symbol worn by a peaceful, earthbased religion, who don't even believe in satan or the devil. It is a symbol not only of man, but of the elements. As for Freemasons, my Grandfather was a proud Mason and I was a Job Daughter. One of my best friends (who is the kindest, most giving person one could ever meet) is not only a Freemason, but Wiccan as well. This is only a symbol of a manufacturer on a jug. People should stop jumping to conclusions and should truly educate themselves before declaring something (or some society) is evil. Would we be even having this conversation if the symbol was a cross?
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Mrs. J. Depp

Symbolism has always been a huge part of history. Symbols and logos are chosen carefully about what they are to represent. It depends on what a symbol is representing during a certain time period as yes, pentagrams were used early on as peaceful symbols. Whoever adopts them throughout history, has the chance to change their meaning and association. And I believe it's true that we usually remember the most recent form of association. IE: the Swastika symbol was used in Asia and was not considered bad in that time. But our most recent knowledge of the Swastika is that it is associated with the Nazis. I think this tends to be true about a lot of symbolism. I'm no conspiracy theorist by any means but I do find this sort of thing incredibly interesting.

Facebook me!

• Parking Lot > DCA

Symbolism has always been a huge part of history. Symbols and logos are chosen carefully about what they are to represent. It depends on what a symbol is representing during a certain time period as yes, pentagrams were used early on as peaceful symbols. Whoever adopts them throughout history, has the chance to change their meaning and association. And I believe it's true that we usually remember the most recent form of association. IE: the Swastika symbol was used in Asia and was not considered bad in that time. But our most recent knowledge of the Swastika is that it is associated with the Nazis. I think this tends to be true about a lot of symbolism. I'm no conspiracy theorist by any means but I do find this sort of thing incredibly interesting.
    The brand used on the crock is literally the company's name. Star Stoneware. It would only make sense that the brand on their products would be star. This is nothing more than a coincidence that it resembles a pentagram.

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    Would we be even having this conversation if the symbol was a cross?
    Nope.

•   
    • Minion

^^^^ and to continue with what Exploding Boy said, a star in a circle is a very, very common product logo with no associations toward religion one way or the other. Think about:

- Texaco
    http://inspectionsticker.net/images/Texaco.jpg

- The Great Seal of the State of Oklahoma
    http://www.okvetboard.com/images/stories/Seal-1.jpg

- Converse
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...e_logo.svg.png

- Captain America's shield
    http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...ica_Shield.png

- A LOT of law enforcement badges and logos, both recent and historical:

http://media-cache-cd0.pinimg.com/23...4f88cc674f.jpg

http://cdn.iofferphoto.com/img3/item/550/929/446/l_original-1890s-deputy-sheriff-circle-star-badge-2a69.jpg

http://aandagunsmiths.co.uk/wp-conte...riff-badge.jpg
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast