Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

• Selfie Expert

Re: Pentagram On Splash Mountain?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    "That jug got devil eyes!!!"
    I laughed out loud at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I think that Kelly McG has her 'Mom-look' down pat. Even the verbal 'Mom-look'. Pretty impressive for a mom-newbie, Kelly!!
    I'm trying! Hahaha

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Loving all things Disney!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    To me, seeing a pentagram is much like seeing a swastika. It's associated with evil doing and is therefore an inappropriate symbol. Though the pentagram may look like an innocent star, it's very much more than that and represents an age old depraved secret society.

And I wholeheartedly agree with you.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaGirl View Post

And I wholeheartedly agree with you.
    As long as you're willing to accept that to many, many other people this is a relatively fringe viewpoint created by modern extremist Christianity? As noted in many, possibly nearly thirty by my count posts, this is a brand label by a Star brand company and joins many, MANY other notable companies in using one of the most basic geometric patterns as a logo.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    As long as you're willing to accept that to many, many other people this is a relatively fringe viewpoint created by modern extremist Christianity? As noted in many, possibly nearly thirty by my count posts, this is a brand label by a Star brand company and joins many, MANY other notable companies in using one of the most basic geometric patterns as a logo.
    Maybe all of those uses were pushed by satanists who knew that they could spread their message by making it more ubiquitous. Think whole thing kind of makes me wish wren's were also an evil symbol, because then it could be a full blown conspiracy going write back to the man o compiled the stories.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Maybe all of those uses were pushed by satanists who knew that they could spread their message by making it more ubiquitous. Think whole thing kind of makes me wish wren's were also an evil symbol, because then it could be a full blown conspiracy going write back to the man o compiled the stories.
    Down that road lies "the alphabet is a tool of Evil, it allows the communication of evil ideas". It's still a viewpoint that tries to frame essentially every single development in human history within a framework that didn't even exist until (even if you believe the most optimistic storylines) the last two millenia.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Down Pluto!

Reading or thinking about this thread condemns you to eternal heck. Be warned!

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Until this thread I never knew it had any connections to the devil honestly LOL
    I haven't yet seen it associated with the devil. Aleister Crowley used it, but he was not usual. Lots of other people and companies use the star.

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    The pentagram is a symbol worn by a peaceful, earthbased religion, who don't even believe in satan or the devil. It is a symbol not only of man, but of the elements. As for Freemasons, my Grandfather was a proud Mason and I was a Job Daughter. One of my best friends (who is the kindest, most giving person one could ever meet) is not only a Freemason, but Wiccan as well. This is only a symbol of a manufacturer on a jug. People should stop jumping to conclusions and should truly educate themselves before declaring something (or some society) is evil. Would we be even having this conversation if the symbol was a cross?
    Yes- pagans wear the star. It's a pentacle, not a pentagram. And no, I doubt we'd be having this discussion if it were a cross.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Haunted Mansion Fan

<sarcasm removed>

This thread is crazy.....

Name:  star.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  6.8 KB
    Last edited by poltergeist; 06-28-2014 at 10:11 PM.
    Do not pull down on the safety bar please; I will lower it for you.

• Greetings, Program!

"These are symbols, and I leave symbols to the symbol-minded."

- George Carlin
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Countdown until an irrational extremist tattles to a mod in 3, 2...

Lightbulb Re: Pentagram On Splash Mountain?

The pentagram is one of the most ancient symbols known to mankind, dating from prehistory.

It is significant mathematically in that it precisely embodies the ratio Φ (
    phi), as the ratio between any longer and shorter line section within the pentagram.

In ancient Egypt Φ was known as the Sacred Cut. It was employed in all important construction and artwork. For instance, one-half the base of the Great Pyramid divided into the apothem equals Φ accurate to 4 significant figures.

The Greeks too used Φ in art and architecture, naming it the Golden Mean or Golden Section.
    A “Golden Rectangle”, where the Φ ratio is equal to the relationship between the longer and shorter dimensions, appears in the works of artists Leonard da Vinci, Albrecht Dürer, and George Seurat. In 1876 Gustav Fechner, a German psychiatrist, conducted experiments which concluded that the vast majority of people “preferred” rectangles in this shape.

Φ also appears in nature. Most spiral growth in nature, notably phyllotaxis (the growth of leaves and flowers), follows the Fibonacci series, where each number in the series is equal to the sum of the two preceding numbers, ie: 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34... As this series continues, the relationship between successive numbers approaches
    Φ.

The Sacred Cut (or Golden Section) divides a line into unequal sections where the smaller is to the larger as the larger is to the whole. Similarly, a Golden Rectangle is one which, when divided into a square and smaller rectangle, the smaller rectangle is also a Golden Rectangle. Or, algebraically, Φ
    2= Φ +1.

This, then, is the “secret” of the pentagram - a fact overlooked completely by most occult “authorities” of history. All “magic pentangles” - generally embellished with Cabalistic graffiti of one sort or another - amount to an unconscious effort to use the innate power of the pentagram even though not recognizing it for what it actually is.

For a Disneyesque introduction to "all this", see the cartoon short Donald in Mathmagic Land, which I think can be found on YouTube.

In the case of the Splash Mountain pentagram, however, the central question is why it was graffitied there? Probably not to give log passengers a crash course in esoteric mathematics and universal perfection. Nor do I recall it figuring in the tales of Uncle Remus. Just scrub it off so that it doesn't distract or alarm the ignorant or superstitious.
    ______
    Rachane

I kind of have to chuckle about the discussion of unwholesome imagery on a ride based on the movie "The Song Of The South." That was one of the most family-friendly cherished classics Disney ever released...

Quote Originally Posted by Rachane View Post

In the case of the Splash Mountain pentagram, however, the central question is why it was graffitied there? Probably not to give log passengers a crash course in esoteric mathematics and universal perfection. Nor do I recall it figuring in the tales of Uncle Remus. Just scrub it off so that it doesn't distract or alarm the ignorant or superstitious.
    From reading the other posts it appears that the mark is not graffiti, and scrubbing it off would require quite the effort to get through the outer layer of glaze to remove the mark placed there by the company that produced the jug.

Cool Re: Pentagram On Splash Mountain?

Well, spray over it, or put a sticker over it, or move a statue or Brer Whoever in front of it, then.

Incidentally I seem to recall that Song of the South, while intended innocently enough by Walt, actually got the Studio in a bit of P/R hot water, because some critics felt that it romanticized the antebellum South, e.g. slavery. For this reason I think it was the only Disney movie which was not periodically re-released. I assume that today, as indeed evidenced by Splash Mountain, SOTS' artistic excellence has edged out its political incorrectness.
    ______
    Rachane

Whenever I've seen a pentagram, it has been commonly associated with evil imagery. I find it incredibly odd and disturbing to even be on there.
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die. --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast