Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

• Singing Drinker

Re: Pentagram On Splash Mountain?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Lightyear View Post
    Whenever I've seen a pentagram, it has been commonly associated with evil imagery. I find it incredibly odd and disturbing to even be on there.
    But... it's a *logo*. Does Converse or Texaco also rate as disturbing?
    Woo! Spring is coming!

lol this whole post. oh man.

Have you noticed that there's inexplicably a barrel of molasses right after this pentangle? I think that's in really bad taste considering over 20 people died in the Boston Molasses Disaster of 1919. How could they put that in there?

• Minion

For those that are confused as to the meaning of this particular design, I suggest a quick Google search is in order. All will be revealed. Please note that there is a difference both in meaning as well as appearance between a pentagram and a pentacle.
    Last edited by 4th Gen Disney Fan; 06-29-2014 at 05:45 AM.

"I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Gen Disney Fan View Post
    For those that are confused as to the meaning of this particular design, I suggest a quick Google search is in order. All will be revealed. Please note that there is a difference both in meaning as well as appearance between a pentagram and a pentacle.
    Facts and reality have no place in the lives of irrational.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Clearly Woody is a satanist since he wears such a symbol so proudly. Just another way they're getting to the children. Will somebody think of the children?!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by joshteevee View Post
    "Hey guys! I heard someone was talking about hell?"
    Attachment 37072
    My favorite post of this thread.

• Parking Lot > DCA

It's time for everyone to adjust their offense-o-meter.

Whenever I've seen a pentagram, it has been commonly associated with evil imagery. I find it incredibly odd and disturbing to even be on there.
    To each their own, but your name is partially related to a character from Toy Story who last I recall wears a very similar shape on his chest. Is that odd or disturbing?

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Wulllll yeah but still. Haven't you seen Texaco's gas prices? Disturbing indeed! And Converse have made my feet hurt in the past, so..

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Clearly Woody is a satanist since he wears such a symbol so proudly. Just another way they're getting to the children. Will somebody think of the children?!
    Woody has 5 letters. You know who else has a name that is 5 letters long and is associated with evil? This conspiracy just started to make a lot more sense..

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

I'm surprised this thread is still going.

Must be dark magic
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

You guys, there's a telegram on the Disneyland Railroad.
    "I know this is probably your first flight, and it's...mine too!"

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    No. But Disney has a track record of putting inappropriate content in their movies, on movie posters, coloring books, etc.. from phallic imagery to bare breasted women.. and these are movies intended for children. so I'm just going by what I see.

Does that make my feelings "fact"? No, of course not. Which is why I stated whenever "I've" seen a pentagram it has been associated with negative/evil imagery. Whenever I've seen a Converse logo, it's been associated with footwear. Whenever I've seen a Texaco logo, it's been associated with gasoline. Whenever I've seen a sheriff's badge, it's associated with the law. Whenever I've seen a Dallas Cowboys logo, it's been associated with a football team.

Do you register everything that looks alike as a universal definition? Do all images of stars represent one meaning, all fat people represent "unhealthy", and all "bully breed" dogs considered dangerous? After all, they do look awfully similar..
    Last edited by Sheriff Lightyear; 06-30-2014 at 02:44 PM.
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die.
    --> Zero to Hero Transformation

What's next, Black Sabbath playing at Tomorrow Land Terrace?

• Parking Lot > DCA

No. But Disney has a track record of putting inappropriate content in their movies, on movie posters, coloring books, etc.. from phallic imagery to bare breasted women.. and these are movies intended for children. so I'm just going by what I see.
    You should probably go back and do some more research on these extremely strong claims you are making. "Going by what you see" is nothing more than anecdotal, and therefore essentially means zilch when making such a claim.

Does that make my feelings "fact"? No, of course not. Which is why I stated whenever "I've" seen a pentagram it has been associated with negative/evil imagery. Whenever I've seen a Converse logo, it's been associated with footwear. Whenever I've seen a Texaco logo, it's been associated with gasoline. Whenever I've seen a sheriff's badge, it's associated with the law. Whenever I've seen a Dallas Cowboys logo, it's been associated with a football team.
    So by seeing that a few of the fine MiceChat members have done their research and figured out what the symbol actually is makes you associate it with the Star Stoneware company, correct?

It would see silly to deny the evidence presented to you in this thread.

Do you register everything that looks alike as a universal definition? Do all images of stars represent one meaning, all fat people represent "unhealthy", and all "bully breed" dogs considered dangerous? After all, they do look awfully similar..

• Minion

Dude... It's simple. A pentagram (which is what you are thinking of) and a pentacle (Converse, Sheriff, the jug on SM) are two different things. They don't even look that much alike. All they have in common is the star in the center. Look it up and you will see the difference.

"I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Ignorance is so much easier than research. It's easier to be told what to think for many...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast