Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Am I the only one who wants the end time on FPs to not be enforced?

Think about it, you're waiting in line for a ride and the FP is going to end in 15 minutes but the wait time is 30 minutes. So you currently have a difficult time to decide. But if they didn't enforce end times, you can still go on the ride and the ride for the FastPass. That's my thought, anybody else agree with me?

Re: Am I the only one who wants the end time on FPs to not be enforced?

I'm old and I like things as organized as possible, so, I don't agree with you. Enforcing the time, in theory, should keep the fast pass lines more even and predictable.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

The problem is, it creates a huge rush of people with hours-old Fastpass tickets at the end of the day. Sure, it was nice if you were in the know, but overall I think we are better with the rules being enforced.

If you go back to the threads discussing the change before it happened you'll find people who were unhappy about the change. Now? It's a fait accompli so most realize that getting upset over it doesn't accomplish anything.

•   
    • Minion

No, I don't agree. When the FP times aren't enforced, as others have said, it inconveniences those who do follow the instructions and return on time. I'm glad they are enforcing the return times now.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

If I might extend the point here, has anyone noticed an improvement in the lines in the late evening on attractions like Space or Indy? Do they move better with the predictable number of returnees? If so, that's a good reason to keep the regulations in place.

•   
    • Minion

IMO it's no different now than it was before. So I am in different to how Disney wants to use their system. Before the change and after I always made it a point to show up during my designated slot though. I am not sure what's so difficult about planning for it anyways.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    If I might extend the point here, has anyone noticed an improvement in the lines in the late evening on attractions like Space or Indy? Do they move better with the predictable number of returnees? If so, that's a good reason to keep the regulations in place.
    I have noticed a huge improvement on Space Mountain at night. In the past when I had an evening FP for Space - and I always returned at the correct time - I would sometimes be waiting for 30 minutes or longer. Since they started enforcing the return times, in my experience, the FP line moves noticeably faster at night and the wait time is usually ten minutes or less.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

I can understand the how we don't like the rush at the end of the day. I guess it doesn't matter.

• I'm not really here

If you got on a ride with a 30 minute wait only 15 minutes before your FP time is up, that's your fault, not Disney's. The way I see it, a 3pm - 4pm FastPass is telling you to return to ride your ride AT 3pm, with a 1 hour grace period in case something happens. Disney gives you a full hour. It's up to you to plan your time and location accordingly. It's personal responsibility for managing your time wisely and knowing when you need to be somewhere. If you don't care about riding your FP ride, then it doesn't matter. However, if you do... you need to be near it for that window.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I don't agree either. FP is there for people who are willing to wait a bit later to get on the rides they want to ride during the time period in which they were given. It isn't about grabbing a pass so that you can dictate what time to return is best for you. Park goers need to understand that the system they have in place now is there because it works. Albeit not perfectly, but it works to the point where it's still being used. However, it may change. It may not. But I am glad to see that they are enforcing end times because of the reasons that've been given:

1. Helps to prevent surges near the end of the day,
    2. Dealing with organizational issues in terms of time management when loading guests onto a ride

Either you get a FastPass ticket or you don't simply because you know it'll interfere with the rest of your plans for the day. Like it was mentioned before, there's no point in whining about it. It's not fair to the people who actually mind the rules and come back during the designated time period. And it's also not fair to those waiting in standby who have to put up with an influx of people being pulled from the FP line who just couldn't follow the rules.

The only time I can see it mattering is if you are already on a ride with plenty of time to get to your FP ride, and the ride you're on breaks down and you have to be evacuated or wait until it starts working again. Of course, DL/DCA is going to try to get you off that ride as quickly as possible, but that's sometimes not the case. I don't know how they would handle it at that point, but there's no other reason I can see for someone not abiding by the FP time window.
    Last edited by pure supercool; 06-26-2014 at 08:49 PM.

• formerly very helpful

I'm curious if they've actually done any studies to see if it made a difference in the standby wait times. If it does shorten the standby wait, then I'm all in favor of the enforcement.

Yeah, you're the only one...thus far.

• MaliBOOMer

It made things easier for me when they weren't enforced. I don't care really that much either way. It means my plan of attack is a little different. My first FP's of the day are for attractions that develop long lines early so I'm not using an 8:40am FP on a 25 minute wait. It's probably better for park operations to enforce the times.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast