Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any word on Princess Anna's induction into the Disney Princess Royal Court?

I know last summer (aprox. 1 year after Brave Premiered) Princess Merida was officially inducted into the "Disney Princess Royal Court" as was Tiana and Rapunzel..

Which leads me to ask with all this Frozen madness happening at both WDW and the DLR, has anyone heard when Anna is going to be inducted? I am curious how they are going to work merchandise blending, like will Elsa be featured on "Disney Princess" items, or will only Anna? Will she be given a "Redesign" the way Merida, Rapunzel and Tiana were? But none of this happened for these ladies until their coronations...

What do you think?

~Hatter

• A Beautiful Life

Re: Any word on Princess Anna's induction into the Disney Princess Royal Court?

Sorry, this has nothing to do with your question... It's just cool to see another Disneyland fanatic from New Mexico!
    Favorite DL Ride: Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion
    Favorite DLCA Ride: Radiator Springs Racers
    Last Disneyland Trip: September 2014
    Next Disneyland Trip: March 2015

• #bringevilback

You don't think Elsa will be inducted too? Yes, she becomes a Queen in the movie but I'd be shocked if they did not include her in the princess line, especially as she's the more popular of the two.

the last several princesses have been inducted at 11 months from the theatrical release, so that would be October, but I wouldn't be surprised if they delay it until Christmas decorations go up as that would match FAR better than the Halloween decorations of October

I don't see them ever seperating the two. If/when this Frozen craziness ends I bet they'll be in the Royal Court together. If we do see them doing m&g's by themselves I bet it would be because the other one called in sick.

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    You don't think Elsa will be inducted too? Yes, she becomes a Queen in the movie but I'd be shocked if they did not include her in the princess line, especially as she's the more popular of the two.

the last several princesses have been inducted at 11 months from the theatrical release, so that would be October, but I wouldn't be surprised if they delay it until Christmas decorations go up as that would match FAR better than the Halloween decorations of October
    It is questionable, as Disney has never had a movie like this with sisters. If i had to guess, I would say that they would only "officially" induct Anna into the royal court, at the ceremony (have elsa present of course though)

However, with merchandise I expect that neither Anna or Elsa will be seen on any generic "Disney Princess" branded items for a while (IE: Birthday Party decorations, posters, all thing featuring multiple princesses images on) and Disney will continue selling exclusively "Frozen" merchandise until the brand becomes less relevant, at which point they will be mashed with the other princesses.

Just my best guess though..

~Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by illusent View Post
    Sorry, this has nothing to do with your question... It's just cool to see another Disneyland fanatic from New Mexico!
    I wouldn't have figured there would be another Micechatter located in the state of New Mexico, You're just 30-45 minutes away too! Go figure!

• #bringevilback

I can see them eventually separated once the crazy dies down...they'll just be two of the possible princesses you'd meet in PFF...oh look, it's Anna, or wow, we met Elsa. Even now WDW has separated them for meets, yes, they are both in the same room, but they meet separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    I know last summer (aprox. 1 year after Brave Premiered) Princess Merida was officially inducted into the "Disney Princess Royal Court" as was Tiana and Rapunzel..

Which leads me to ask with all this Frozen madness happening at both WDW and the DLR, has anyone heard when Anna is going to be inducted? I am curious how they are going to work merchandise blending, like will Elsa be featured on "Disney Princess" items, or will only Anna? Will she be given a "Redesign" the way Merida, Rapunzel and Tiana were? But none of this happened for these ladies until their coronations...

What do you think?
    The last rumor I heard was that it would be in FL. But it was a little while ago, and didn't have much in the way of sourcing. I am wondering about this too. I don't think DL has had a coronation and I would love to go!
    Disneyland AP & go as often as I can! DL Paris 2002 WDW 2007 & 2013 Tokyo DL & Sea 2009 DCL 2014
    To Do: Hong Kong DL & Shanghai Disney: see you in 2016!
    GROUNDHOG DAY: WDW and DLR in the same day: 2/2/13
    My Stay in the Disneyland Dream Suite

• My silly Friend Ariel

From what I read yesturday on the Disney Park blog there is no plans to have a coranation for Anna or Elsa. Here what I found out from the blog. It's what a person ask and the answer that was giving.

Man, this will definitely cut the lines down for Anna and Elsa’s meet-and-greet at the Magic Kingdom! And although this isn’t entirely related, when are Anna and Elsa expected to have their Royal Coronation at Epcot to become part of the official Disney Princess Royal Court?

Shawn Slater on June 26th, 2014 at 9:58 pm

Allie – Elsa had her royal coronation in Arendelle. At this time, there are no plans for a similar event at Disney Parks.

• #bringevilback

That's interesting...the answer specifically focuses on Elsa which leaves room for Anna

• Minion

I'm hoping at least that the guy from the parks blog just doesn't know about it. I doubt there would be any real plans to do it yet anyway and I was under the impression that these coronation ceremonies came under Disney's merchandise department and not the parks. Also Merida is the only Princess to have an in park coronation, it's only happened once in the parks. Tiana's happened in the Disney Store in New York and Rapunzel's happened at a palace in London. Just because Merida's coronation was in a park doesn't mean Anna and Elsa's will be too.

• Rock Star Minion

I think she would get a cold reception from the other princesses.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• My silly Friend Ariel

My thing is if they are having trouble with it cause of Elsa why don't they just change the name from Disney Princesses to Disney Royality. That way it can also cover Elsa and the likes of Snow White,Ariel,Rapunzel and the others.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    My thing is if they are having trouble with it cause of Elsa why don't they just change the name from Disney Princesses to Disney Royality. That way it can also cover Elsa and the likes of Snow White,Ariel,Rapunzel and the others.
    Mulan isn't a Princess and neither is Pocahontas really yet they are still both Disney Princesses. I don't think they'd ever rename it Disney Royalty because Princess is much more marketable.

• Substitute Princess

If Anna does get a coronation, Elsa's probably going to be the "featured character". Like how Merida's mother did, Eugene with Rapunzel, etc etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast