Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red Face Single Rider and Regular Rider?

What's the difference between single rider and regular rider or a stand by rider?

• The doctor is in

Re: Single Rider and Regular Rider?

In my experience, single riders who go to a CM and get a card go through the FP line. If you enter the standby line as an individual you just wait standby like everyone else.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Loving all things Disney!

Single Rider: is used to fill up empty seats on a particular ride. Single rider has it's own separate line, so that people from this line can be used to fill empty seats on a particular ride (i.e. Each row on Indiana Jones holds 4 people, and there's a party of three. A single rider would then be used in order to fill the remaining seat). The people who use SR generally wait in a shorter line, but would be split up from their party. The SR concept is perfect for people who come to the parks alone, or their party does not want to ride the same ride. Only select attractions have SR, however.

A regular rider is just someone who waits in the regular lines at attractions.

I'm not sure that Disney has a stand-by line. I'm pretty sure they only have Fast Pass, regular line, and Single Rider.

Hope this helps!
    "To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relieves fond memories of he past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."
    - Walt Disney

Ah I get it now haha. What are the chances of a pair of people both landing on the same ride if using single rider?

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneygogetter View Post
    Ah I get it now haha. What are the chances of a pair of people both landing on the same ride if using single rider?
    It's really unpredictable. Basicaly if you are going to use single rider expect to be split up for the duration of the attraction. it can happen that you are in the same car but don't count on it.

• Substitute Princess

It depends on the amount of people that go into one ride vehicle. For example, if you did single rider for Matterhorn, the odds of you and one other person in your party being in the same bobsled is very low. But on Radiator Springs Racers, I've found that a party of two can both take the single rider line and still end up in the same car almost every time!

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    In my experience, single riders who go to a CM and get a card go through the FP line. If you enter the standby line as an individual you just wait standby like everyone else.
    Also worth noting that Radiator Springs Racers has a special designated Single Rider line that does not require a SR card
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• -

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaGirl View Post
    I'm not sure that Disney has a stand-by line. I'm pretty sure they only have Fast Pass, regular line, and Single Rider.
    As applied to Disney rides, the terms "Regular Line" and "Standby Line" are interchangeable.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    It's really unpredictable. Basicaly if you are going to use single rider expect to be split up for the duration of the attraction. it can happen that you are in the same car but don't count on it.
    This. Don't count on it at all. If you do end up together, that's fine, but the whole purpose of the line is to fill empty seats with single riders.

I've seen groups in the single rider line try to argue/beg/plead with the CMs who are loading rides to put them together. It doesn't work, it holds up the line and the loading progress and it just aggravates everyone - so you should never use Single Rider unless you are fully prepared and 100% okay with being split up from your party on the ride.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

I usually use the single rider line on the Matterhorn (9 times out of 10 ending up in the very back seat) but if the line is short I'll wait through the regular line and request the front. You can't do that in the single rider line.

And I use the expression "regular line" since there's no FastPass on the Matterhorn so the idea of "FastPass line" and "standby line" don't apply. In fact, the Matterhorn has two single rider lines and two regular lines -- one of each for each track.

It wouldn't surprise me if they call any non-FastPass, non-guest assistance or non-single-rider line a "standby line," though.

• Loving all things Disney!

Quote Originally Posted by disneygogetter View Post

It's definitely possible on certain rides (Indy, Racers, Sorin'). But, I wouldn't depend on it. If you really want to ride together, I would go through the regular line. But, if you don't mind being a couple of cars behind each other, than it's worth a shot.
    "To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relieves fond memories of he past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."
    - Walt Disney

• Tourist

Quote Originally Posted by TheMagicFlower View Post
    It depends on the amount of people that go into one ride vehicle. For example, if you did single rider for Matterhorn, the odds of you and one other person in your party being in the same bobsled is very low. But on Radiator Springs Racers, I've found that a party of two can both take the single rider line and still end up in the same car almost every time!
    This has also been our experience. The chances of being in the same car, or in an adjacent car where you can see each other, are pretty good at RSR.

Only once did my friend and I end up sitting with each other on Toy Story Mania after being in the single rider line. We couldn't believe our luck! But it's never happened since. I love the single rider line. If you don't mind not knowing who you're sitting with, it's a huge time saver.

• Substitute Princess

Single rider is actually quite fun to do! It's (usually) a quicker line, and you get to meet someone new. And if it's their first time riding, it's just makes the ride experience better! I've had some pretty hilarious "first-timers" on California Screamin'!

Radiator Springs Racers and Grizzly River Run are pretty the only two rides where you might get in the same vehicle if you use single rider. I've ended up sitting with two or three people from the single rider line on the same raft in GRR!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast