View Poll Results: Where would you rather see the Electrical Parade return?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disneyland

38 86.36%
  • DCA

6 13.64%

Electrical Parade

I was reading on the Yesterland website about when the Electrical Parade was at DCA, which of course got me all kinds of nostalgic. That will always been one of my favorite parts of Disneyland. When I was about 4 or 5 my two favorite parts of the park were Casey Jr. and the Main Street Electrical Parade. My family would go up for the evening and go on that ride and and watch the parade.Back when it was easy to go up for the evening, you could see your car right when you left the park.Naturally I was heartbroken, I'm sure like many others on this site, when it left the park. Granted I did enjoy the replacement parade, nothing was ever going to come close to the fun of the Main Street Electrical Parade. When I heard that it was coming back, but this time to DCA, I was ecstatic! I realize this is a very dangerous statement to make but I have always enjoyed DCA, I think it might have been the Grizzly River Recreation area and Screamin that won me over, but I was thrilled that DCA was getting some attention especially in the form of my favorite parade. But any way, enough of my nostalgic filled ramblings.

If, by the grace of the Disney gods, the parade were to return to our park, where would you like it to go? I don't know where I would like it go, I would love to see it running down Main Street again, but there was something fun about it being at DCA. I Think that Disneyland could use some new nighttime shows, so I think I would cast my vote for Disneyland. Heck we could even have the Glow With The Show ears in the parade if disney wanted to bring it back. I realize this could be a very short forum as I think most people would like to see it back at Disneyland, but hey you never know!

• -

Re: Electrical Parade

I'm betting this will be a one-sided poll.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• formerly very helpful

I voted Disneyland, but the truth is, I really don't have very strong feelings about it. Yes, The Electrical Parade was an absolute classic, but I think it's one of those things that can stay in the past, and we can look for newer and even better things in the future.

• The doctor is in

Disneyland. I don't think DCA has a real good parade route.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

I actually like that DCA has the wider streets and more benches to enjoy the parades from. But....yeeeeaaaaahhhh, if they bring it back it's got to be in DL.

• Minion

I'd rather it didn't return, or if it did return I'd want it to contain all new floats like Tokyo's Electrical parade has.

I loved the electrical parade! I kind of liked the style of the floats and such! and it looked great at night! Disneyland should defiantly get an all new nigh time parade tho, and the MSEP shouldn't return there.

It was a fabulous parade, but it way overstayed its welcome.

Do not bring it back!
    Madge, obsessive Disney freak!
    How everyone sounds singing "Let It Go"

I voted for DCA. If it were to come back I feel like when it was previously at DCA there was more space. Although now with World of Color (which I'd rather have) I don't know where it would have a home.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walt Disney

• See Ya Real Soon!

I would love to see it come back to Main Street USA but I would also love to see it done with NEW floats.

I'd like a mix of old floats (redone with modern materials) and new ones that reflect what's come along since the parade was first run. I'd love DL (nostalgia), but it was good in DCA with the wide streets and more abundant seating. BUT, they'd be required to keep the music.

•   
    • Minion

I voted for it to go back to DL. Although wouldn't it be something if they could make a route somehow to go through both LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    I'd rather it didn't return, or if it did return I'd want it to contain all new floats like Tokyo's Electrical parade has.
    Yes I agree totally. An all new version of a classic idea is the best way forward

DL! I am obsessed with that parade. Though I would like new floats, though keep the music as that is the best part.

It's a classic, but it's time for something new. It's had it's time, Disney absolutely can do better. Time to let it go.