Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Loving all things Disney!

Your Favorite Princess

Who's your favorite Princess and why?

I have to admit, I love the 'classic' Princesses more than the 'newer' Princesses. My favorite 'classic' Disney Princess is Sleeping Beauty. I have always liked her best out of all the other Princesses, ever since I was really young. I'm not sure if it's because her dress color was my favorite color (PINK!!) or her story, but she has always been my favorite - no doubt about it. However, I've come to like Princess Jasmine more and more as well. I think it might be because of the Aladdin musical in DCA. I LOVE that musical, maybe a little bit too much... I also really love her strong personality.

The only 'newer' Princess that I like is Rapunzel. I love her attitude and how cute the movie was.

So, who's your favorite Princess and why? 'Classic' or 'New'

• The doctor is in

Re: Your Favorite Princess

I also prefer the classic princess over these newer princesses.

Personally, my favorite has always been Belle. She is independent, smart, different, and doesn't seem to care. She accepts who she is and figures those who don't aren't important enough to really pay too much attention to. It might also be because Beauty and the Beast is a high favorite for me, but I have always somewhat admired Belle's attitude and personality.

As far as the newer princesses go, I liked Merida and Rapunzel. I didn't love them by any means but they were both enjoyable characters.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Minion

I guess it depends on what you mean by "classic" vs. "new". In my ever aging mind, all the princesses from Ariel on are the newer ones, with Snow White, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty being classic. Then the posters above mention Jasmine and Belle as classic favorites, and it dawns on me that all the princesses from my youth are over 20 years old already!!

So yeah, then I guess my favorite "classic" Princess is Belle. I think she was really the first one to have a more down to earth personality and be more interested in adventure and knowledge rather than finding a man.

Favorite "new" Princess is Tiana. I guess kind of for the same reasons I like Belle, LOL. Down to earth and very focused on her goals. But anyway I like to cook too and I absolutely love her lily pad inspired Princess gown.

• formerly very helpful

My favorite has always been Belle. (At least since Beauty and the Beast premiered). She's smart, pretty, has a good heart, sings well, and likes ugly guys, so I figure I'd have a shot!

• My silly Friend Ariel

My would be for Classic Princess Aurora. The reason why she is my first favorite is she was the very first Princess that I ever met at Disneyland Second would be Ariel I just love her singing and Little Mermaid at the time was my second favorite movie but now has been drop down to third.

My new favorite Princess or Queen should I say is Elsa. Just like Aurora to me she is beautiful and I love that she is one that has powers also that I can relightnet [ms] with her. The way she had to hide her problems is the same way it is with me. But thanks to her I can finally come out and tell people I have a learning disablety that I have Astinbuger. My less favorite Princess would be in order

Rapunzel= I have never like that fairytail even from the classic ones.
    Merida=Just didn't care for her.
    Jasmine=even thou I see her at Disneyland she never really been a favorite to me. I kind of found her boarding.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    Favorite "new" Princess is Tiana. I guess kind of for the same reasons I like Belle, LOL. Down to earth and very focused on her goals. But anyway I like to cook too and I absolutely love her lily pad inspired Princess gown.
    I forgot about Tiana. I liked her, too.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• ...and the Flowers Croon

I do like that the newer princesses are not the classic "damsel in distress," awaiting a kiss from a near-stranger to save them (they do their own saving these days, which is awesome). But if we're defining the "new" princesses as including Ariel and Belle, then I'm still bugged by storylines that, respectively, feature a young mermaid giving up the very essence of herself (i.e. becoming human) to be with the man she loves (could Eric not become a merman at the end?), and a heroine held captive against her will who just can't help herself and falls in love with her captor. Blech.

But Ariel's my favorite princess, because despite the losing-her-identity issue I have with it, I loved the movie. But I'm not a huge princess fan overall. Give me Alice any day.

Just look at my photo for a hint.

Hey, CinderellaGirl! Are you with me? You didn't mention her.

• Banned User

I have to agree with TheBirdsSingWords about the bad messages in The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast though I like Belle to a point (in a society that says it values intelligence but actually vilifies it, it's nice to see a positive role model for reading, even if the books she reads are just escapist trash).

I'd have to say my favorite princess would be either Megara or Tiana, though Tiana has the edge, as Megara plays into the tired and clichéd "jilted bitter woman who finds a man" trope. Tiana is a better role model for rational and intelligent women.

My favorite has been Belle since I was a little girl! I don't think that's ever going to change ahaha. Out of the newer ones I would probably pick Rapunzel.
    I like the princesses but I always tend to love the villains more!

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Hey CinderellaGirl, wouldn't your favorite Princess be, I don't know.............................................. ................ Cinderella????? LOL! My favorite Princess would be Belle because she is smart and loves to read. I also like Anna because she is just awkward, wait........................... what????????
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, Princess Eilonwy is my favorite princess for obvious reasons. But since the Disney company always ignores her, I'll have to go with Aurora. I think she's the most elegant, gentle, graceful and beautiful of all the princesses. Her singing voice is incredible, too. She has a subtle, unassuming personality that really makes me love her all the more. It's no wonder Prince Phillip fell in love with her at first sight.

• Minion

ORDDU: When you stop to think about it, Disney has done a remarkable job over the years of creating all the fairy tale princesses. From Snow White to Anna, there's something to like about each one. (The possible exception for me is Merida, who is too ill tempered for me and so I couldn't warm up to that one at all; plus she is rather ugly in my humble opinion. She looks like a cabbage patch kid.) But all the other princesses are truly wonderful and it's easy to see why they are so popular at the parks and elsewhere.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Well, I don't like NONE a them prissy princesses!! Fer the last 30 years I been invitin' each of 'em ta go with me on frog hunts an' the excuses I git fer not goin' is fer the birds!!!! "Oh, I might git DIRTY," Princess A-Snore-a always says! "Oh, I think Prince Charmin' has other plans fer me taday!" Cindersmelly always says! "Oh, I've got a new book to read!" says Dumb Bell ev'ry dang time I asks her ta come along! So if'n ya asks me, none of 'em is worth the salt it takes ta pound inta a rat hole!!!!

• formerly very helpful

I also like Eilonwy from Black Cauldron. It's a shame that they tend to ignore that film. I really liked it. I like how she wasn't afraid to get involved in the adventure.

Focusing this thread on the theme parks, I always have a soft spot for Ariel, because years ago I met an Ariel who was so awesome. My daughter and I were there for three days and kept seeing the same Ariel. Each time she remembered my daughter by name. Really made her feel very special. I managed to friend this young lady's "friend" on Facebook, and years later she still remembered my daughter. Again, awesome young lady.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast