• DisneyFreak

Talking Disneyland Proposal Christmas-time!

Greetings Everyone!

I have decided to take the next step in my Boyfriend and I's relationship and want to propose at Disneyland. I want to plan a special Christmas time proposal for him. Disneyland is very special to us (i.e. first date, mutual love for everything Disney) and Christmas/Winter is his favorite time of year.

I do need suggestions for a Christmas-esc proposal, but I am also interested in hearing about your experiences with regards to how Disneyland helped with proposal requests, and if they take such request to make the event super special.

Any input would be much appreciated!

If it matters, we are both guys, 24 and 25 years old, annual pass members.
    xxxAngel

Re: Disneyland Proposal Christmas-time!

First of all, congratulations! This is so exciting.

My husband proposed to me at Disneyland- well, DCA, to be more accurate. It was his first time there, and he knew that it was my favourite place in the world. His experience was that when he called ahead to guest relations, there wasn't much that they could do for him- mind you, he wanted something elaborate, like Mickey handing me the ring when we got off of an attraction- but they did provide him with a list of "suggested spots". He knew that if he had taken me over to Snow White's wishing well or in front of the castle, I would expect something....so he proposed on the Tower of Terror!

It is one of my favourite attractions, and it was special to us because we are both huge Twilight Zone/Rod Serling fans. The way he did it was by holding up the ring when the picture was taken- I didn't even realize it happened because I was busy trying to look out at Disneyland, etc. Then, when the ride was over and we walked downstairs into the photo area and our photo came up, I looked and saw the ring- then turned and FREAKED OUT. He led me outside to a bench and got down on one knee and did the speech and asked the question. It was the best. I love telling people that I was proposed to on the Tower of Terror!

So, I would say, you could go the super-romantic route and take him to the balcony at Carthay Circle during Disneyland fireworks, go to the wishing well, etc., but I think it's just as fun to do something totally unexpected. It would be fun to hold up a ring or a sign for one of the ride photos, like my husband did, and then after he sees it, he turns around and you're on your knee.

I'm sure restaurant staff would help with the old "put it in a dessert" thing-a-ma-bob, too.

As for Christmas-themed, I'm not sure. There are so many decorations all over the resort that just about anywhere would be beautiful!

Hope this helps and congrats again!

• "Always On The Move..."

Congratulations! That is so exciting! Not much to add, except that you might want to contact the resort and see if they have any suggestions to help you. They are pretty amazing at what they can come up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• DisneyFreak

Spacetraveller- carthay circle would be wonderful actually, especially during Christmas. Thanks for sharing your story! Sounded wonderful!

AlohaStitch- thank you so much!
    xxxAngel

• DisneyFreak

Looking like December 1st
    xxxAngel

• Chief Troublemaker

If you don't mind the crowd, I think during the snowfall on Main St would be romantic.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Quote Originally Posted by AAyala View Post
    ...Any input would be much appreciated!
    If it matters, we are both guys, 24 and 25 years old, annual pass members.
    Name:  9795025963_0f9d6f396a_z.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  188.0 KB
    The photo comes from a trip report (not mine) you might enjoy:
    Disneyland Sept 2013 Trip Report with surprise proposal!

Very exciting! Congratulations, and I hope it all goes smoothly for you!

• DisneyFreak

Thanks for all the new replies! Looking like December 1st if all goes well
    xxxAngel

• DisneyFreak

I gotta call and see about balloons in the Carthay restaurant though :P
    xxxAngel

I proposed to my wife on her birthday in December at Disneyland near Pirates of the Caribbean and Disney had it all stung up with Christmas lights it was beautiful. It was at the caricature place. I called a head to disney and they sent me over to the wedding department and they have a list of ideas that they emailed me and this was one of them. It was really cool. I called that morning and made a reservation and told them what I wanted. They asked what we were wearing and what time so that way it would be a surprise. When the time came close I suggested we go ride pirates and when we got there I told her that we should go have a caricature done. It took them like 45 mins or so but it turned out awesome. I was so nervous. We even drew a smallcrowd of people. When the time came they asked her to come around to look at it when she did I got down on one knee and asked her. It was awesome and she said yes. One funny thing there was this couple watching us. The man had on one of those bride and groom shirts that say "Game Over".

• DisneyFreak

Awe! Sounds wonderful. Hands down, the Court of Angels was and would be my first pick but it's gone (biggest mistake by disney in my opinion) But the Carthay Circle is so beautifully themed and I love the decor (1920's/1930's). I gotta get in touch with someone probably in september to coordinate flowers, balloons, ect.
    xxxAngel