Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Re: DCA's 5th Anniversary, a few thoughts and observations

MOD NOTE: Please do not attack members for their posts, you may criticize ideas, but not the members themselves.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    Personally, I would give positive rep and praise to any post by any person if it deserves it. Likewise, I would disagree with Darkbeer (and most likely have in the past) or anybody else for that matter, if I felt his post was unfair or incorrect.
    The forbidden topic! You said the "R"word!

*Runs from thread with hands over his ears.*

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

(This isn't directed towards you, specifically SoCalDude, but rather all of those who seemed to speak against Darkbeer without reading his post in this thread.)

...Not sure you read Darkbeers post. Sure he mixes in some of his personal feelings to the mix, but his post was clearly labeled as "a few thoughts and observations." And since this is a Darkbeer DCA thread, some personal feelings towards DCA are bound to come out.

Nevertheless, you among other DCA Lovers fail to acknowledge that Darkbeer has really dropped the majority of his issues with the park and presented a fairly objective review of the past 5 years of DCA. Even sir clinksalot noted this and he started the DCA Lovers Alliance.

I really think that Darkbeers recount of the past 5 years for DCA is solid and isn't too judgemental and negative like many of you are saying and I think if you guys actually read the thread and paid attention to what he said, then you would likely agree. Problem is that many of you are too jaded by DCA discussions despite your supposed enthusiasm for the park and for its well-being.

I also find it funny that all of you tell Darkbeer to stop bashing the park, but you continue to bash his opinions. Maybe if you stopped giving his criticisms so much attention he'd slowly stop focusing on them. Kill the response and he won't try to get one from you anymore.
    Besides, there are plenty of us out here who ENJOY reading the truth about Disneyland's ugly stephsister. (DCA...the crowning acheivement of the Eisner era.) We may not have our own alliance, but it's really quite enjoyable to watch this park twist slowly in the breeze in spite of all of management's predictions for success.

It's like picking at a scab.

(Was that too gross?)

I also find it interesting that the recent DLR AP survey was keenly interested in how often we have visited DCA in the past year. (Don't they get this information from the barcode every time we enter the park?) I think Team Disney knows that DCA is in a world of trouble, and it will take more than a face lift and a new pixar ride to fix it.

• Banned User

This always makes me laugh. you people who love DCA continue to come into these threads, where you know what's going to be said, and you post these ridiculous posts saying, "I already knew what you were going to say but I still came in here just for no reason at all...". Thanks for coming a sharing that with us. All it does it show how irrational you're love for DCA is. The park sucks....there's just nothing more to it. Whether you can find certain aspects of the park you like or attractions or even entire lands, you still can't refute that as a whole the park just plain sucks. It's getting better but right now, not so great.

And on top of everything if you can't prove otherwise, saying that DCA doesn't suck, just makes darkbeer seem that much more correct in his observations.

• Circle of Ancients

BRING BACK EUREKA!!!!! I loved that Parade it was so fun.

• For old time sake

While I am not a fan of DCA, I still go there for tortillas and for the soup at Pacific Wharf cafe (soooo good). DCA has it's good parts (Animation Bldg, Monsters TOT Screamin, Soarin) and it's bad. I know it was built on the cheap, It's not Disneyland, but how many times do we have to hear it?

Also, folks let's refrain fro bringing up rep please. you knwo it's not allowed. I back Anders up with this.....quit attacking members!!! Thanks
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Disneykat
    While I am not a fan of DCA, I still go there for tortillas and for the soup at Pacific Wharf cafe (soooo good). DCA has it's good parts (Animation Bldg, Monsters TOT Screamin, Soarin) and it's bad. I know it was built on the cheap, It's not Disneyland, but how many times do we have to hear it?

Also, folks let's refrain fro bringing up rep please. you knwo it's not allowed. I back Anders up with this.....quit attacking members!!! Thanks
    Sorry about the rep. I forgot about that rule.
    I just re-read my post as well, and to SoCalDude- I didnt mean it to come off as rough as it did.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

There was that expected DCA bias in the tour/summary of the post, however overall it was a very good walking tour of DCA, and hate the park or love the park there were compliments given where they were deserved and comments in places where they were deserved.
    I appreciate the extensive "tour", bias or not.

Quote Originally Posted by grvtydefy
    the success and popularity of Block Party Bash
    Success? Popularity? You know, for the record, I actually REALLY enjoy Block Party Bash. I see it many of the times that I go to the resort. But, as objectively viewed as possible, its not a success. It has failed to accomplish its mission to bring in more park guests. Maybe it has brought in a FEW more, but nothing like it should have. Not to mention that while PoD shows AT LEAST once a day in Disneyland, BPB doesnt even show every day anymore (not sure what the "dark" days are).

So Im not picking on BPB. I love it. Its really really fun. But do I think its a "success" or even "popular"? No. Not at all.

I just re-read my post as well, and to SoCalDude- I didnt mean it to come off as rough as it did.
    About post #33 - I know, I am not holding any ill feelings towards you over your post.

Heck, I agree with some of it but I also think you are vastly overstating most of your post. I also think the bashing going on in this thread is being done more by the anti-DCA people (which I find funny and true to past behavior).

But I edited out my post (before you posted your post) because going on about this is pointless and not going to get us anywhere. I was waiting for you to edit out your post last night when you saw I did it for mine.. but after about 10 minutes I gave up and went to sleep.

• Banned User

Disney's Calfornia Adventure is a great park

I could say that a pile of crap is the greatest thing on earth but that doesn't make it ture.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDude
    About post #33 - I know, I am not holding any ill feelings towards you over your post.

Heck, I agree with some of it but I also think you are vastly overstating most of your post. I also think the bashing going on in this thread is being done more by the anti-DCA people (which I find funny and true to past behavior).

But I edited out my post (before you posted your post) because going on about this is pointless and not going to get us anywhere. I was waiting for you to edit out your post last night when you saw I did it for mine.. but after about 10 minutes I gave up and went to sleep.
    I was going to edit out my post, but I didn't because, well, I'm stubborn. Sorry.

Anyways, no hard feelings. You made your points, I made mine. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Thanks for being a nice guy about it all.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• What have I done?

This attraction was so popular, it has been copied in Orlando, but of course, they have a nicer queue area.
    As was stated earlier, WDW que is worse! Maybe "cooler" but not better! I really enjoy the history of Aviation in the DCA que. If it was a quick fix then it was one thing they did right. Block Party Bash I dont understand how anyone can not enjoy it. It is so full of energy and it seems like it was imagineered to get EVERYONES involvement something that Walt would enjoy.

Very informative imaginery walk throught the park. Regardless of your personal feelsings DB I really enjoyed it. I wish it were a real tour, I do like to hear what could have been from the imagineering side. Who knows maybe now those could have been's will be turned into could be's!

"This guy!"

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Well I just came from there right now and sure enough, they didn't do anything. No one even mentioned it the whole time I was there.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I am at the Lost Bar uploading photos as I type...

But there was no public display of the 5th anniversary, except for the pins on sale (They went on sale as of the 4th, and have not sold out their limited quanity of 1,250 for each pin).

The CM's will be getting a free lunch of sandwiches and cake in celebration backstage, but no CM's buttons to wear, though the CM's have been given the opportunity to buy a special CM pin in honor of the 5th BD.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast