• The Lucky Rabbit

Interesting Ride Changes or Glitches on 4th of July

In here for the week and got to experience the new Alice for SO and it's amazing. However I've noticed a few other changes since my last visit about three months ago.

On Pirates of the Caribbean, the talking skull was lit but from that point all the way to the bottom of the second drop was pitch black. Absolutely no lighting and even for a veteran it added a little uncertainty to both drops. Also my party was in the middle of the point and we got drenched. Not just the sides, even the middle boat guests.

On Indiana Jones I was happy to see the boulder scene working but it looks like they've given up the choice of track illusion at the beginning of the ride. There was light barley hitting only the middle door and the two fake doors were not lit at all.

Lastly I rode Big Thunder at night after the break down post fireworks and although the fog explosions in the last scene were not working I noticed they really lit up the opening bat scene so you could see more detail then when I rode during its reopening.

Just thought I'd see if these were changes or just glitches yesterday.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing ... That it was all started by a mouse ... and inspired by a rabbit."

Re: Interesting Ride Changes or Glitches on 4th of July

Quote Originally Posted by OswaldTheRabbit View Post
    In here for the week and got to experience the new Alice for SO and it's amazing. However I've noticed a few other changes since my last visit about three months ago.

On Pirates of the Caribbean, the talking skull was lit but from that point all the way to the bottom of the second drop was pitch black. Absolutely no lighting and even for a veteran it added a little uncertainty to both drops. Also my party was in the middle of the point and we got drenched. Not just the sides, even the middle boat guests.

On Indiana Jones I was happy to see the boulder scene working but it looks like they've given up the choice of track illusion at the beginning of the ride. There was light barley hitting only the middle door and the two fake doors were not lit at all.

Lastly I rode Big Thunder at night after the break down post fireworks and although the fog explosions in the last scene were not working I noticed they really lit up the opening bat scene so you could see more detail then when I rode during its reopening.

Just thought I'd see if these were changes or just glitches yesterday.

I noticed Pirates got really dark after the first drop recently as well. It has been hit or miss on getting soaked for me.

On Indy, I have heard they have given up on the doors in the beginning. They are going to cycle the chamber you end up in, but the doors no longer will pretend to move randomly throughout the day.

On BTMRR, I noticed riding at night, the first tunnel looks a lot more detailed. I think this is due to your eyes not having to adjust to the darkness. At least thats my observation when riding in daylight vs night time

• The doctor is in

I rode Pirates in February and was in the last row of the boat. Not only did I sit in a puddle of water but I got pretty wet. I was sitting away from the sides, too. I don't remember it being that dark at the beginning, though. It might have changed since the last time I was there.

During the same trip I rode Indy and I also noticed the door issues. For me the doors remained open, the lighting effects didn't work, and the boulder didn't work. Truth be told nothing worked in that ride when I was on it, but what can you do.

BTMRR was still shut down during my trip, so I'm afraid I'm no help. I haven't been able to ride this one since 2012.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• The Lucky Rabbit

Ya I was thinking BTMRR might have been due to eye adjustments.

Pirates was the craziest though. It wasn't just dark it was pitch black until you got into the cavern on the second drop. Absolutely no lights. It was actually pretty cool.

• Minion

Indy doors have structural damage. The effect is permanently turned off and WDI is working on a new projection effect for the scene. The "walls" will no longer move, however.

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Indy doors have structural damage. The effect is permanently turned off and WDI is working on a new projection effect for the scene. The "walls" will no longer move, however.
    Exactly. Not sure what happened, but I've been told that whatever has happened, the cost is far too great and alternative solutions are being drawn up.

• Disneyland Dreamer

BTMRR is just the fact that your pupils are already dilated as mentioned above. They don't change the lighting. You could notice this even pre-renovation.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by OswaldTheRabbit View Post
    The doors aren't moving for the reasons listed above, but none of the doors are fake. They all opened, it just led into the same scene.