Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Tiki Dancer

What is your favorite POTC scene?

I apologize if this has already been discussed on other threads, but I have been daydreaming about this ride a lot lately. I thought this would be a fun discussion.

I love the ride and appreciate every detail for its artistry. I have this calm anticipation swirling inside me every time I take off in the boat through the bayou scene. Knowing what lies ahead (cue SCARY TALKING SKULL PIRATE!) sets my heart a-beatin' and I brace myself. Then, SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!! Down the waterfall, we go! I just love that whole part before we're "underground."

I also marvel at the battle scene. That pirate ship emerging, the angle that it's placed, the lighting, the sound effects, the animatronics....I remember riding it as a kid and was nervous about getting hit with a canon. My God. It's amazing.

As an animal lover and cat owner, I am also partial to the "HERE, KITTY KITTY" pirate and the dog in the jail cell holding the keys.

Your turn!

• Ready for takeoff

Re: What is your favorite POTC scene?

For me, it is still the guy sitting on the porch in a rocking chair at the beginning of the ride. I have always had some sort of connection with that scene. In my head, he is on the porch reflecting on the choices he made in his life. It makes me wonder how I will look back on the choices I made during my life.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Coming out of the cave of the damned and seeing the Wicked Wench on the left and the fort on the right. Try as I may, I cannot get that fort to shoot worth a darn even with my Pro-sumer camera gear.

There's a covered guardhouse at the corner of the wall way up I try to get a good pic of every time I'm on the ride, but all I see is black when I look through the viewfinder, so I just can't capture it as you have to MF because the light is so low it won't meter.

The rocking chair scene and floating through BB. Coming out of the drops by that blue lit waterfall.
    It's all great, though.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hillchat View Post
    I apologize if this has already been discussed on other threads, but I have been daydreaming about this ride a lot lately. I thought this would be a fun discussion.

I love the ride and appreciate every detail for its artistry. I have this calm anticipation swirling inside me every time I take off in the boat through the bayou scene. Knowing what lies ahead (cue SCARY TALKING SKULL PIRATE!) sets my heart a-beatin' and I brace myself. Then, SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!! Down the waterfall, we go! I just love that whole part before we're "underground."

I also marvel at the battle scene. That pirate ship emerging, the angle that it's placed, the lighting, the sound effects, the animatronics....I remember riding it as a kid and was nervous about getting hit with a canon. My God. It's amazing.

As an animal lover and cat owner, I am also partial to the "HERE, KITTY KITTY" pirate and the dog in the jail cell holding the keys.

Your turn!
    I love that part! I'm a total animal lover as well! I also love the pigs in the scenes! Oink, Oink, Oink - It cracks me up everytime!

I also really like the dark bayou scene and the drops!

• formerly very helpful

I don't know if this counts as too much, but the town starting from when they are dunking the mayor, to about when the fire starts. There is so much going on, and even though the scenes depict pretty horrendous atrocities being committed by the pirates, it just seems like so much fun.

• Minion

It's all good but my favorites are the treasure cave and the wench auction.

• Mickey Ear Biter

It used to be the dark cave scene after the Captain's quarters and the treasure room;with the old dialogue "You've seen the cursed treasure...". However, since the added the special effect and character(s) from the movies, it is less chilling.

My new favorite is the opening act of the ride up until right before the first drop. The talking skull has changed but the anticipation of the first drop is still there. I also love that transition from the banjo and restaurant (which oddly adds to the mood) to the quiet, almost darkness.

Basic Sea Witch, get out my face.

• Selfie Expert

The Bayou and the skeleton at the wheel during the storm (I don't know any official scene names) are my absolute favorites, though the more I think about it the more scenes are popping up that's I think "I love that one, too!"

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

I love the entire experience but....
    I love the first cave... If I win the lottery I want a room like that.... falling water and all
    and then the skeleton captain in the thunderstorm....

I'm completely impressed by the ravaged town... you can even look down alleys between the buildings
    and I love the cloud effect on the ceiling
    it is an amazing construction from entry to end

My favorite is the pirate who has gone through the most change. He now holds a key. In the past he's held a platter of food and even a woman's slip and shoe. But he's always been 'willing to share.'

Yes, the big pirate after the auction scene. I liked it better when there was a woman in the barrel.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

• Banned User

Departing through the Blue Bayou. I wouldn't mind a 10 minute ride of just that.

• Minion

Pirates has always been my favorite attraction. My favorite scene is the reveal of the fort battle. Going through the mist and then coming around the corner and seeing the ship. That's truly magical.
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Minion

Gotta still be the musical trio ("Scarlet Spanky" & friends).

(Thanks to mods for removing my misposted photos!)
    Last edited by Scarlet Spanky; 07-07-2014 at 09:07 PM. Reason: photo mistake

• terrifiednerds.com

I really like the waterfall pouring out of the cave ceiling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast