Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Foolish Mortal

Re: Do you feel safe on Disney attractions?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarafina View Post
    The only time I feel kind of nervous is riding in the first car of Big Thunder. It's hard for me to feel 100% comfortable knowing the history. Other than that, I feel super safe.
    I must admit it was very eerie sitting in that first row when I rode it after the refurb during the AP preview a few months ago. That incident was in the back of my mind almost the entire time.

Besides that I do feel completely safe on every ride that I do go on. It is my own insecurity that keeps me off of spinning rides and dropping rides due to potential motion sickness factors that will ruin the rest of my visit.

If you don't act like a moron and disregard the safety instructions and your common sense, there is no reason to be afraid of getting hurt on a Disney attraction. Ones that constantly get packed up and moved around are a different story.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Goodstein View Post
    If you don't act like a moron and disregard the safety instructions and your common sense, there is no reason to be afraid of getting hurt on a Disney attraction. Ones that constantly get packed up and moved around are a different story.
    The ceilings on BTMRR can indeed hurt you if you've got long arms and have them up. They cut those too close.

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Safer than WDW. Heck.. you can leave your handgun on WDW attractions for future riders to discover.
    Things like that make you nervous? You might just live in the wrong state...

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Wall to Wall Creep View Post
    Things like that make you nervous? You might just live in the wrong state...
    Idiots make me nervous... anybody who leaves their gun on a ride is an idiot, and probably shouldn't be carrying one.

I'm still confused as to why someone felt so paranoid as to bring a weapon to a Disney park to begin with...

but I'm in agreement with others here, I feel totally safe on Disney attractions. However, riding in the front of Big Thunder does make me very nervous. Not to mention the locomotive is rather large and I'd prefer the open view of the back car.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: I never feel safe on any ride more thrilling than It's a Small World. You'll never catch me on Tower of Terror, for example.

ORGOCH: That's 'cause yer too dang big ta even FIT inside that thing!

ORWEN: And I have a little sister who should never feel safe after making nasty comments like that one...

(Sounds of crashings and smashings followed be a deadly calm...)
    I agree, I haven't felt safe since that house fell on my sister

I had a kind of scare on Indiana Jones... I've probably told the story, long one... had to do with my seat belt not connecting, and another guest with the same problem, everyone working the ride seemed oblivious to the situation, all looking toward the people at the controls... even the cm standing next to the jeep never paid attention to the sitiation
    they moved the jeep up and we thought we were going to be sent into the ride unbelted...
    they did not handle it very well, after being moved closer to the entrance, I stood partially and called to them about the seat belt, they yelled back, "SIT DOWN" no conversation about knowing we were not strapped in
    CM standing next to us, still ignoring guests in jeep completely....
    they moved the jeep again the the guest in the row ahead of me got very upset (she was sitting at the side of the jeep)
    finally they seemed to get it...... like.... what? what? they say their seat belts won't work... what?

It really hit me that my safety was depending on people who may not be paying attention....

sadly

and there was not much of a response to my message to Disney about the Indiana thing
    like, thank you for your input.

But then La Brea Bakery was not interested in a food handling issue either

Fact! You are more likely to be killed by pigs or a vending machine falling on you then by an attraction at a theme park... 😁

• Disneyland Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Sarafina View Post
    The only time I feel kind of nervous is riding in the first car of Big Thunder. It's hard for me to feel 100% comfortable knowing the history. Other than that, I feel super safe.
    I can only ride in the back of that ride to feel 100% safe.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345