Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 74

Thread: Magic bands

  1. #46

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,259
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Magic bands

    Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    That is exactly what I am hoping for. Let those who want the bands have them, let the rest of us avoid them. I see people saying they find it more convenient to have the band than carry their wallet, but I really don't see a benefit to me personally. I am *not* leaving my wallet anywhere, no matter what they think is a replacement. And pulling out my wallet to slide my ticket into a FP machine isn't a big deal, either. And that gives me a little ticket that reminds me what time to come back- I don't have to remember.

    I'd use a band to get in the gate, take out the battery, and stash it in my bag at best. I'm not putting a credit card on it, I don't do hotel stays, and I'm less than impressed by the idea of the buzzwords around the "new" fastpass stuff.
    FastPass and all of the machines are completely gone. It's FastPass+ or nothing.

  2. #47

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,112

    Re: Magic bands

    Ugh. That stinks. Guess I'm glad I don't visit much anymore, and have already ridden things many times. And that single rider doesn't require planning ahead.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

  3. #48

    • Nic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    741

    Re: Magic bands

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    That you had to grab all of that before the MagicBands is your own fault, not something solved by the MagicBands.
    So you're suggesting I go to the park without tickets, wallets, or room keys?
    Fear of the unknown.

    They are afraid of new ideas.

    They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.











  4. #49

    • Nic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    741

    Re: Magic bands

    Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    Ugh. That stinks. Guess I'm glad I don't visit much anymore, and have already ridden things many times. And that single rider doesn't require planning ahead.
    Here's the thing though -- you don't need to plan ahead. If you go to the park before noon, you can still get FastPasses for whatever you want in the park at the kiosks.
    Fear of the unknown.

    They are afraid of new ideas.

    They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.











  5. #50

    • Nic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    741

    Re: Magic bands

    Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    I was at WDW in November of 2013 with two other people, and we tried the Magic Bands indeed - found them clunky and non-intuitive/not successful with reliable average for entering the parks.
    I'm really surprised you say that -- our MagicBands worked every single time for every single thing we needed it for. Then again, I went 6 months later then you, so it all could have worked out by the time I got there.
    Fear of the unknown.

    They are afraid of new ideas.

    They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.











  6. #51

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,259
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Magic bands

    Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    So you're suggesting I go to the park without tickets, wallets, or room keys?
    No, I'm saying the convenience you speak of is not new because of the MagicBands. Having to carry all of that stuff before was because you chose to do so instead of utilizing those features of the Key to the World card.

  7. #52

    • Nic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    741

    Re: Magic bands

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    No, I'm saying the convenience you speak of is not new because of the MagicBands. Having to carry all of that stuff before was because you chose to do so instead of utilizing those features of the Key to the World card.
    Thanks for clarifying! I still think wearing a band is much more convenient than having to carry a card around, however.
    Fear of the unknown.

    They are afraid of new ideas.

    They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.











  8. #53

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Online

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    55,248
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: Magic bands

    Some of us still use cash, and in my case, the Magic Band will add to what I plan on carrying. However, if that is the system, than so be it. I have never used fastpass much anyway, so once my three are gone for the day, no need to worry about anymore. I wouldn't carry my phone either, but I have created an MDE account, and I have put the APP on my iPhone.

    I guess time will tell, and in my case, 29 days.


    May 11 - 16, 2015

  9. #54

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29

    Re: Magic bands

    Disneyland should not start using magic bands, unless they use it a bit differently. Because Disneyland and Disney World are very different. Disney World has people with longer trips. Disneyland has more people that go for one one or two days. The magic bands are used when there is a lot of things going on. (Park tickets, reservations, and fastpass) Unless they simplify the system for California, it shouldnt be used. Hope im getting my point across and you know what i mean.

  10. #55

    • Pox-worthy since 1973
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Medieval England
    Posts
    222

    Re: Magic bands

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazer15 View Post
    Disneyland should not start using magic bands, unless they use it a bit differently. Because Disneyland and Disney World are very different. Disney World has people with longer trips. Disneyland has more people that go for one one or two days. The magic bands are used when there is a lot of things going on. (Park tickets, reservations, and fastpass) Unless they simplify the system for California, it shouldnt be used. Hope im getting my point across and you know what i mean.
    Precisely, and here's why: Disneyland's visitors are about 70% locals and 30% tourists, and at WDW it's the other way around, so it's justifiable.

    That's what Jason Surrell said during the Room For 1 More event as part of the reason why HMH never comes to the MK, but I believe it can also apply here.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    We'll all be groaning when they install the giant snowflake from Frozen in front of the Chinese Theatre.

  11. #56

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    197

    Re: Magic bands

    Disney isn't forcing anyone to use the MBs, other than pushing it on their Resort guests. Even if there is a 70/30 split here at DLR, it still could be a benefit to the 30%. For those staying on property a KTTW type card isn't anything new and putting it on a band isn't really changing much. If they brought it over with a modified FP+ scheme I'm sure most wouldn't even care as it's geared more to Resort guests. The only effect on locals is how they implement FP+.

  12. #57

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,259
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Magic bands

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Some of us still use cash, and in my case, the Magic Band will add to what I plan on carrying. However, if that is the system, than so be it. I have never used fastpass much anyway, so once my three are gone for the day, no need to worry about anymore. I wouldn't carry my phone either, but I have created an MDE account, and I have put the APP on my iPhone.

    I guess time will tell, and in my case, 29 days.
    You do not have to use a MagicBand unless you intend to use Memory Maker to automatically sync PhotoPass photos. Just as for a card at the front desk of your hotel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazer15 View Post
    Disneyland should not start using magic bands, unless they use it a bit differently. Because Disneyland and Disney World are very different. Disney World has people with longer trips. Disneyland has more people that go for one one or two days. The magic bands are used when there is a lot of things going on. (Park tickets, reservations, and fastpass) Unless they simplify the system for California, it shouldnt be used. Hope im getting my point across and you know what i mean.
    MagicBands have absolutely nothing to do with length of stay and Disney's decisions to hold off on bringing MyMagic+ to Disneyland has to do with botched implementation at Walt Disney World, not differing demographics.

  13. #58

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Online

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    55,248
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: Magic bands

    I actually am getting a free memory maker with my vacation package. So my magic band will contain my park ticket, memory maker, fastpass selections, and my room key. I still need a place for my cash and my credit cards, which I only carry for emergencies, or unexpected purchases. I wear a travel wallet around my neck, and have on all my vacations since 2003. It works great for me. Everything is very handy. I can tuck the wallet, inside my clothing, so I don't look too much like a tourist. Technology is great when it works. Hopefully, I won't run into any glitches in the process.


    May 11 - 16, 2015

  14. #59

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29

    Re: Magic bands

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post


    MagicBands have absolutely nothing to do with length of stay and Disney's decisions to hold off on bringing MyMagic+ to Disneyland has to do with botched implementation at Walt Disney World, not differing demographics.
    But Magic Bands are very beneficial for long trips, not one and two day trips. Because many people make Disneyland a "day-trip" they aren't going to want Magic Bands. Using a My Disney Experience would be pointless if you go for one day. People arent going to want the hassle of dealing with this while trying to do as much as possible in one day and enjoy themselves. Thats just what I think.

  15. #60

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,259
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Magic bands

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazer15 View Post
    But Magic Bands are very beneficial for long trips, not one and two day trips. Because many people make Disneyland a "day-trip" they aren't going to want Magic Bands. Using a My Disney Experience would be pointless if you go for one day. People arent going to want the hassle of dealing with this while trying to do as much as possible in one day and enjoy themselves. Thats just what I think.
    MagicBands are completely separate from FastPass+. Annual Passholders to Walt Disney World have and use MagicBands. They also use the My Disney Experience app to look at wait times and book FastPass+ selections. The focus on advanced reservations for dining or FastPass+ are distinct from the MagicBands and not a necessity.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Trip Report] Another reason to rid of those not so magic wrist bands
    By Mr T. in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2014, 09:04 PM
  2. [Question] Question about Magic Bands
    By Timon'sGirl in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-03-2014, 05:16 PM
  3. [Chat] Christmas Parade promoting Magic Bands and FP+
    By swampymarsh in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-08-2014, 04:48 PM
  4. [News] Disney says My Magic Plus wrist bands increases guest spending
    By KingEric in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-13-2013, 06:05 AM
  5. [News] Disney Magic Bands - Wave Of The Future?
    By stitchfanocala in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 06-05-2013, 11:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •