Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• "I don't like the color"

Re: social club vests

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    OP looks to be one and done on posts anyway.
    But yeah, you have the right to feel threatened by the social clubs. They DID choose to emulate a specific gang-style apparel, and they ARE your feelings, so go to town. Beyond the (to some) offputting garment choices, though, I've seen nothing documented to make their in park behavior any worse than any other large group of friends.
    I see Donald Sterling signed the petition. It's amazing he still has the time considering what he's going through.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Foolish Mortal

So what happens if the poll does reach it's goal of 1,000 signatures?

• Certified in everything

If you banned social clubs then you'd have to ban Micechatters from wearing team uniforms during the Gumball rally. I see no difference between the two at all… save that SC's matching apparel is typically made of jean-material. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not ready to ban jeans from Disneyland just yet.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post

Not a darn thing. Disneyland is a business. They could care less about a petition. They'd only ban something if allowing it drove profits down.

But hey, maybe we should start a petition stating that all MCers should be allowed in free. That has just as much chance of making an impact with Disney as the 'vests' one.
    Last edited by Stormy; 07-10-2014 at 11:50 AM.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    I see Donald Sterling signed the petition. It's amazing he still has the time considering what he's going through.
    Not only do I see a fictional character on that list, but why are there so many people from other countries signing?

Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post
    I would assume they want it to get forwarded to Disneyland security, which is what the "target" says on the site.

I am sure they would take quick action to resolve this ever so important issue..

• lucyPan

Ha! I was just logging on to point out Donald Sterling as #13 on the so called petition list but someone beat me to it. But seriously no complaints here about SCers. You could be wearing khaki's and a t-shirt or mom jeans and a tank top and still be "disgustingly" rude.

• "I Break Things"

If the Hells Angels wore their cuts to the park would anyone have an issue with it? After all they're just a motorcycle enthusiast club!

the "look" is emulating biker attire. I take more issue with that then I do with tourists wearing matching tshirts celebrating a family reunion.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

The irony of people dressing as a social club/gang, implying 'tough guy' behavior, yet having soft characters such as Ariel on their patches is adorable and oxymoronic. I've had my fair share of bad encounters with elitist members, but what separates them from the p*******s without a vest? They're just easier to identify when a problem actually does go down in-park.

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    If the Hells Angels wore their cuts to the park would anyone have an issue with it? After all they're just a motorcycle enthusiast club!

the "look" is emulating biker attire. I take more issue with that then I do with tourists wearing matching tshirts celebrating a family reunion.
    Thing is, Hell's Angels cuts are banned from the park. Ever see a photo of one in the Magic Kingdom with their vests on? Me either.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Brisk View Post
    Thing is, Hell's Angels cuts are banned from the park. Ever see a photo of one in the Magic Kingdom with their vests on? Me either.
    Oh I'm well aware of that. They're considered "gang attire". What I find ironic is that these "social clubs" mimic that look and people are fine with that! It takes a stark contrast like Hells Angels compared to Social Clubs to really drive the point home.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Oh I'm well aware of that. They're considered "gang attire". What I find ironic is that these "social clubs" mimic that look and people are fine with that! It takes a stark contrast like Hells Angels compared to Social Clubs to really drive the point home.
    That's kind of my view. I totally agree that SCs have a right to exist, right to visit the park, are not generally any more problematic than a normal guest (if not less so), that sort of deal.

However... dress like a stereotype, you get treated like it. You're going to get at least some blowback from dressing like any particular stereotype, and this one gets some people a little nervous when around like dressed SC groups. I used to dress punk, I *get* 'dress to distress'. It's a little tweak to the "normal" people.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Foolish Mortal

Well said techskip and Bog.

I highly doubt people would have as many issues with these SC's had they chose to wear disney branded sweater vests.

• Victory Pictures

If only this site was like reddit so i could downvote it into oblivion. This is ridiculous!

I have no judgement either way, but this topic keeps making me think of the phrase: If you are going to fly the Jolly Roger, people will think you are a pirate.

It's 16 miles to Disneyland, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit It.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I can't back this sort of petition because these people are harmlessly enjoying Disneyland. The "Show Your Disney Site" promotion itself showed a stereotypically biker-esque person enjoying the park. These people know that their outfits create an ironic juxtaposition, and it is harmless.

That is a far cry from actually promoting a real-world gang at Disneyland, and that difference is the reason one isn't permitted and the other is. I have also come to note that the idea that they are ruder than other guests, or cause issues is basically an unfounded lie to try and justify banning this action.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast