Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

•   
    • Minion

Re: social club vests

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I can't back this sort of petition because these people are harmlessly enjoying Disneyland. The "Show Your Disney Site" promotion itself showed a stereotypically biker-esque person enjoying the park. These people know that their outfits create an ironic juxtaposition, and it is harmless.

That is a far cry from actually promoting a real-world gang at Disneyland, and that difference is the reason one isn't permitted and the other is. I have also come to note that the idea that they are ruder than other guests, or cause issues is basically an unfounded lie to try and justify banning this action.
    Ita.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Plenty has already been written about the SCs. Overall, they appear to be pleasant, respectful of the park, a bit offbeat - nothing to worry about here. I do prefer the quasi-"cuts" to teenage girls with their cheeks hanging out of their super mini shorts, guys with sagging pants showing their undershorts, and the occasional "adult" male with a tshirt that sports something profane or sexual.
    That being said, every group is made up of individuals, and no one is perfect. So, try not to judge an entire group (sound familiar?) by poor behavior by one person. I personally get a kick out of young adults who love Disney.

Had my first experience with a social club on my most recent visit to Disneyland. Have to say, I don't care for their look as I agree it evokes gang attire; but that's just a matter of my own personal taste.
    I found them loud, obnoxious and rude. There was a whole table of them monopolizing the characters at the Plaza Inn and actual children were being pushed out of the way. They had overall bad manners and I was glad I didn't encounter them again.
    That being said, I'm kind of uptight, so your mileage my vary with my opinion lol

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    However... dress like a stereotype, you get treated like it.
    This seems to be the prevailing argument against SCs. Glad its not how Disney chooses to treat its guests.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Meh

Quote Originally Posted by JazzKat53 View Post
    Hi everyone! Does anyone else feel disgusted with the idea of the gang like vests social clubs are wearing? If so, check this out! STOP the "Gang" Vests at Disneyland!!! http://www.thepetitionsite.com/303/7...bbtw=972160541

Are we really back on this topic again? The fact that you created an account specifically for this post should add to the relevancy of that petition.

Why would I care that people are dressing the same and going to Disneyland with their friends and family? Live and let live, that's what I say.. All the social clubs I've encountered in the parks have been completely nice people, most of them had children with them..

Now, where's that 'Unclogging Adventureland' petition?!!
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mind Tricks View Post
    Now, where's that 'Unclogging Adventureland' petition?!!

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    This seems to be the prevailing argument against SCs. Glad its not how Disney chooses to treat its guests.
    You kinda learn to count on that when you dress counterculture. Money's a great leveler. One of my favorite games in OC was dressing out in punk rags *just* within dress code and going out to dinner. Snoot usually turned pretty quickly when you had a wad of cash to bemoan being unable to spend.

First impressions do still tend to guide initial interactions on a social level, though. Some people consider the bike gang look to be threatening, and it colors their perceptions of the people wearing it regardless of how the people wearing it actually behave.

Not rational, just the way things are.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• Parking Lot > DCA

You kinda learn to count on that when you dress counterculture. Money's a great leveler. One of my favorite games in OC was dressing out in punk rags *just* within dress code and going out to dinner. Snoot usually turned pretty quickly when you had a wad of cash to bemoan being unable to spend.
    I do the same thing! Have been since high school.

• "I Break Things"

First impressions do still tend to guide initial interactions on a social level, though. Some people consider the bike gang look to be threatening, and it colors their perceptions of the people wearing it regardless of how the people wearing it actually behave.

Not rational, just the way things are.
    I think the key here is "*just* within dress code", cuts aren't within dress code. We established that with the comparison to HA. Aside from which, what impression does that give to kids... roving gangs of bikers are cool? Doesn't matter what the intent is, it's a family park not a nightclub or a car show parking lot.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I think the key here is "*just* within dress code", cuts aren't within dress code. We established that with the comparison to HA. Aside from which, what impression does that give to kids... roving gangs of bikers are cool? Doesn't matter what the intent is, it's a family park not a nightclub or a car show parking lot.
    I'm not sure I can agree that their outfits aren't within the *functional* dress code. Disney DOES ban Gang Attire, but they're allowed to define that how they see fit. For their own reasons, they don't classify the Disney themed Hell's Angels Tribute Jackets (I know they're not, shooting for comic hyperbole here) as banned gang attire.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• Singing Drinker

Now you want to talk terrifying, try standing in an enclosed line with three separate summer day camps full of kindergartners yelling camp songs and slang back and forth. THAT is an imminent threat. I swear I was thirty seconds from a knee-high knife fight.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• "I Break Things"

Now you want to talk terrifying, try standing in an enclosed line with three separate summer day camps full of kindergartners yelling camp songs and slang back and forth. THAT is an imminent threat. I swear I was thirty seconds from a knee-high knife fight.
    But those are the fun parade groups when you get them to yell "Mickey Mouse" or "Donald Duck".
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• And Dad was my hero.

Originally Posted by BogLurch
    "Now you want to talk terrifying, try standing in an enclosed line with three separate summer day camps full of kindergartners yelling camp songs and slang back and forth. THAT is an imminent threat. I swear I was thirty seconds from a knee-high knife fight."

Ok, this may very well be one if the funniest things I have ever read on here. Cannot. Stop. Laughing.

• Minion

Really, OP? Relax.

• Disneyland Dreamer

I can't understand wanting to belong so much. I don't really get SCs. I would love to meet some of my online friends at DLR and solidify the relationship, but I am somewhat of a loner being a only child, and don't really feel the need to "belong"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast