Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

social club vests

Hi everyone! Does anyone else feel disgusted with the idea of the gang like vests social clubs are wearing? If so, check this out! STOP the "Gang" Vests at Disneyland!!! http://www.thepetitionsite.com/303/7...bbtw=972160541

Re: social club vests

They are far from being "gangs". They are social fan groups. The petition states:

"A lot of them come into the park and ruin the Guest experience for everyone else. They have an off-putting presence and are often rude to Cast Members and other Guests. "

Could you please give some examples of these behaviors? I have never seen or had any problems with any of them. In fact, the ones I've encountered were quite pleasant and very respectful of others.

Not any differant then a family of 12 all wearing the same "Griswald Family Vacation" shirts. I think the vests are very creative and well done, but have never experienced any negative vibe from the Club members. No more then I get from the groups of loud teenagers, packs of screaming children, and people who think the best time to check their text is when they are exiting an attraction and stop in the middle of the stairs. I guess you can always find something that bugs you, if that's your goal. I go to have a good time.

If Disney were smart, they would sell denim vests decorated like the ones the club members have. Customizable and many "options" to add such as pins etc.

• Disney Fanatic

I don't feel "disgusted" at all.
    I've never personally had any encounters with social group members. And if I did, I wouldn't think twice.
    They are creative.

That is one lame petition. Make a petition to stop the clogging of Adventureland with strollers. I wish everyone acted as cool and courteous as those in the Disney social clubs. Super friendly bunch. The average tourist could take a lesson on how to behave from them.

• Certified DL Addict

There's nothing wrong with SCs. They seem like groups of people that just really enjoy Disneyland and want to have a marker as they go through the parks. Was a biker-like demin vest the best way to show that? Probably not but that's what they chose and there's nothing wrong with it.

From my interaction with them they seem like really good people. They stress to their members the importance of respecting the parks, CMs, and other guests. I've also seen them do fundraisers for community organizations or for the families of a member that passed away a few months ago. Not only do they go to the parks but I've also seen pictures of BBQs and movie nights.

I've interacted with them through Instagram a lot and anyone that I've met at the park has seemed nice. They just get judged because they have biker vests.
    2014 Gumball Rally Team- Skyway Sweethearts
    *~Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder~*

• Disneyland Dreamer

My interactions with them have been 50/50 to date. The solo SCer (he was with people, just not other SCers) was a bit rude and entitled in the Jungle Cruise queue, and left mid-way through queue pushing his way through the crowd like he owned the place.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

“No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Singing Drinker

OP looks to be one and done on posts anyway.
    But yeah, you have the right to feel threatened by the social clubs. They DID choose to emulate a specific gang-style apparel, and they ARE your feelings, so go to town. Beyond the (to some) offputting garment choices, though, I've seen nothing documented to make their in park behavior any worse than any other large group of friends.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Substitute Princess

Name:  Tarzan.png
Views: 678
Size:  86.8 KB

Thought this summed up this petition nicely. Honestly, the Disneyland social groups have always been perfectly nice to me. It's just how a different group of people relate to Disneyland. You wouldn't target the people who really love Jack Skellington and dress in gothic clothing. You wouldn't demand that the little girls wear something other than their princess dresses.

I'd rather see some denim vests around that park than see guys in sagging pants that show their underwear.

• Parking Lot > DCA

I've never had an issue with any of them. They seem to enjoy the park the same way I do, which is cool.

I've noticed they are popping up like crazy now, and I feel like it's starting to get a little less creative (from a name/logo stance) as more and more people make groups. That's just me though.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Never had anything but positive interactions and impressions of 'social club' members - petitioning to ban this seems unneeded, by me.

•   

To me, the social clubs are just evolved Sororities and Fraternities. As a former sorority member, I think a lot of people love showing their pride and love for their purpose and what they believe in, and Disney is definitely something people are prideful of. All Social Clubs that I've met have been very nice and respectful of the park but I could see how others could take their appearance to be aligned with "gang" like behavior but just having tattoos and a "biker" like vest doesn't damage the resorts. This is a display of community and until one of the groups slips up, I don't think they will be getting these groups to leave or disband.
    Hollywood, 2013. Amidst the glitz and the glitter of bustling young techies at the height of its golden age, the Hollywood Tower Hotel was a star in its own right. A beacon for the Disney loving elite. Now, something is about to happen that will change all that. Marriage.
    03-07-2013

• Fallapart in my Backyard

I see no issue here. They look pretty good. I do want to second the motion on the clogging strollers in Adventure land....

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast