Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Steps to Destroying the California Theme.....

You just need to step back for a minute and forget it was made by Disney and truly judge it for yourself. Is it truly worth the 59 dollars to get in?

But as far as DL Craze goes I must say that no matter how much you prove someone wrong you will not change someone's opinion. Believe me I know that from experience on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by claribella

I wanna say give it some time..its only been open 5 years..They barely did their first Halloween event this past October...
    And the fact they did not think of this within the first 2 years is shocking. I remember the first year we were talking about how cool it would be if they copied Knotts and had a true Disney experience for halloween. And even when they finally did it the event stunk. The lines were like an hour just to see one character and they ran out of candy from what I hear. Also there was a lack of thing to do just like the norm at DCA.
    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 02-07-2006 at 07:49 PM.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    You just need to step back for a minute and forget it was made by Disney and truly judge it for yourself. Is it truly worth the 59 dollars to get in?

But as far as DL Craze goes I must say that no matter how much you prove someone wrong you will not change someone's opinion. Believe me I know that from experience on this board.
    You're absolutely right but i'm not trying to prove anything to anyone, I just want them to really look deep inside at how they really feel, not at what they wanna hear and feel.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

I agree with the above; the choice of theme is not the problem, it is the lack of faithfullness to it.

I've never fully bought the whole "Californians don't want to go because they live in California" idea. It just doesn't make sense to me. I think instead that people have stayed away due to the lack of attractions and quality in those attractions, but why am I saying this now? Many many others have said it before me, and I know you've all heard it before.

I think that, in the end, TDA will stick with the California theme.

P.S. Anybody else think that Disney@California is possibly the worst name ever thought up for a theme park in the history of the world?

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE
    Please people, you have to stop looking through the Disney looking glass and start seeing with you're own two eyes. You can't defend DCA just becuse it's Disney, you can't even defend it solely becuse it's the little brother of the most famous theme park in the world.

I don't defend it for any of those reasons. I "defend" it for the fact that it brings a smile to my child's face.

Beyond that....is..well..it's beyond me.

But please continue....

• Banned User

I don't defend it for any of those reasons. I "defend" it for the fact that it brings a smile to my child's face.

But please continue....
    You're kids might like it but kids like anything that has to do with rides. But the true question is do you like it personally despite what you're kids say and do you deep down feel it is worth the price of admission if you had to pay it for you going alone?

Now getting back on topic. DL Craze do you believe they could fix the situation or do you believe it is too late?

But please continue....
    Well, not all people think like you, for kids it's all well and good with all the kids friendly attractions it's been getting over the past few years, but I'm talking about the people who are lying to themselves and can;t admit to it being a lackluster theme park.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    You and I know that they will always hear what they want to hear and careless what anyone else has to say about it. Then they will go ahead and say then why wont you hear what we have to say. The truth is we did and we still dont like it.
    Hello Pot..meet Kettle...

People are stubborn and going to hear what they want...why fuss? *shrugs*

I love the theme, and I love the idea of having all the high points of California together in one place. Yes, I live here, but I'd still go to the theme park. The problem is that the theme is not adhered to well. I'm still a supporter of the park, and I think there are some really good things in DCA, as it stands.

Dump the Pixar theme. New rides about California. Keep the giant letters on the Esplanade. They're cool. More about the cable cars. More about California, the ocean, the mountains, the earthquakes. Thrill me, entertain me, make me laugh. Even the Hollywood thing is cool, just dump the Pixar thing. I know, Disney just acquired Pixar. I don't care. It's not something I want to see in a theme park. I'll ride Monsters, Inc! (haven't gotten a chance to do that yet) but I don't want that to be the new pattern.

DCA can be so much more. We have amazing geology, amazing history, amazing scenery here. Play it up.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Nothing is ever too late, I mean, look at Tomorrowland, it's been getting better each and every year from that terrible makeover in '98. If they do it now, theyre is a great chance they could bring it up to speed and make it a Disney entity. The only problem is "budget", if they keep screwing us and shoving half-a$$ed attractions in our faces, they will never get out of the hole they dug, With a good budget, we can get quality rides, entertainment, and enviornment and if they start with that right away, they are set for life. They just have to know what the people want, not what they want.

• Banned User

Well, not all people think like you, for kids it's all well and good with all the kids friendly attractions it's been getting over the past few years, but I'm talking about the people who are lying to themselves and can;t admit to it being a lackluster theme park.
    What I find hilarious is that they find it necessary to make special alliances to spread their opinion. Just because I love Disneyland does not make me want to go and make a special alliance or a DCA is cheap club. It has gotten to the point to where they are defending individual rides now. I just find it silly. Sorry for the few who think I am a DCA hater but the fact goes is I am more concerned about the park then a hater. I go to DCA to enjoy myself just as much as you do. But when I go there I feel it has so much potential it isn’t even funny and it saddens me to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl
    I love the theme, and I love the idea of having all the high points of California together in one place. Yes, I live here, but I'd still go to the theme park. The problem is that the theme is not adhered to well. I'm still a supporter of the park, and I think there are some really good things in DCA, as it stands.

Dump the Pixar theme. New rides about California. Keep the giant letters on the Esplanade. They're cool. More about the cable cars. More about California, the ocean, the mountains, the earthquakes. Thrill me, entertain me, make me laugh. Even the Hollywood thing is cool, just dump the Pixar thing. I know, Disney just acquired Pixar. I don't care. It's not something I want to see in a theme park. I'll ride Monsters, Inc! (haven't gotten a chance to do that yet) but I don't want that to be the new pattern.

DCA can be so much more. We have amazing geology, amazing history, amazing scenery here. Play it up.
    This is exactly what I am talking about!!! This is exactly what they need.
    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 02-07-2006 at 08:08 PM.

OF course not..I would hope that not every thinks like me...that would be a boring world.

Again, not lying to myself. I just look past flaws and try to enjoy what I can and I do.

Its called being Positive.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl

You say new rides about california, but you can only go so far and that's the problem with DCA,. With movies, fantasy and magic, you can go to the ends of the earth. With California, you can go to the end of the corner.

OF course not..I would hope that not every thinks like me...that would be a boring world.

Again, not lying to myself. I just look past flaws and try to enjoy what I can and I do.

Well, that's a good way of looking at it in some ways.
    Last edited by DL_CRAZE; 02-07-2006 at 08:12 PM.

• Banned User

Being positive at the expense of the parks well being is bad. When people are just being positive to have a good time at the park, that is fine but after you get out of the park it turns out to be a bad thing. It is telling Disney that this quality is ok and that is not right.

You say new rides about california, but you can only go so far and that's the problem with DCA,. With movies, fantasy and magic, you can go to the ends of the earth. With California, you can go to the end of the corner.
    Part of what you said is true DL Craze. It does only go so far but California has tons of things that could be put to good use at DCA. You are right when you have parks the size of WDW's with this theme and it not having enough ideas. But at the DL resort there is just the right amount of room to represent California in the correct manner. All it takes from Disney is some heavy research to unearth the cool ideas of California. Personally I wish they would of made this park represent America rather than just California but that is too late unless they gutted almost everything.
    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 02-07-2006 at 10:27 PM.

Like they say, you break it, you buy it. Apparently, TDA has broke DCA so they better buy the hell out of it by giving it a higher budget this time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast