Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Re: Steps to Destroying the California Theme.....

Well, i'm all out of rants to make so I better get out of here. Anyways, happy birthday DCA, unfortunately there will be no presents waiting for you tomorrow. I guess DCA is too young to realize it's been a nusence in it's big brother's shadow but one day it will make a name for itself, in some way, shape, or form. TDA just needs to take it that distance and the years to come will be easy flow.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Bah, I'm done..don't feel like being the Pot in this Pot and Kettle Introduction...

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Actually, with the space the park has, I think PLENTY can be done within the confines of the California theme. Hell, just throw in 3-5 BIG and WELL-THEMED rides, and that's about all you can do. There is some room for expansion and some empty space to use, but not enough to say something like the California theme is too limiting.

As for moving it away from California, I feel all it would really need is some name changes to some of the areas. The park would be so easy to convert into Disney's America that it's not even funny. Naturally, I'd appreciate if TDA pumped A LOT of money into fixing the problems/introducing more rides, but I feel that the move away from "California" is as easy and as cheap as it needs to be, although fixing the TRUE problems may not be.

I like DCA. I have tons of fun in that park and enjoy walking through the park and looking around. But it has its problems, and I enjoy walking around Disneyland even more. But I will admit that for all its flaws, I still love the park. Definitely not the #1 park by any stretch, but I put it up with the other Disney parks, rather than below parks like Six Flags over Texas and Silver Dollar City (although SDC is pretty cool...used to be a LOT cooler, until all the comercialization, but hey...)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate
    Actually, with the space the park has, I think PLENTY can be done within the confines of the California theme. Hell, just throw in 3-5 BIG and WELL-THEMED rides, and that's about all you can do. There is some room for expansion and some empty space to use, but not enough to say something like the California theme is too limiting.

As for moving it away from California, I feel all it would really need is some name changes to some of the areas. The park would be so easy to convert into Disney's America that it's not even funny. Naturally, I'd appreciate if TDA pumped A LOT of money into fixing the problems/introducing more rides, but I feel that the move away from "California" is as easy and as cheap as it needs to be, although fixing the TRUE problems may not be.

I like DCA. I have tons of fun in that park and enjoy walking through the park and looking around. But it has its problems, and I enjoy walking around Disneyland even more. But I will admit that for all its flaws, I still love the park. Definitely not the #1 park by any stretch, but I put it up with the other Disney parks, rather than below parks like Six Flags over Texas and Silver Dollar City (although SDC is pretty cool...used to be a LOT cooler, until all the comercialization, but hey...)
    Totally agree.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123