Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Steps to Destroying the California Theme.....

We all know the things that DCA is going through right now concerning whether they should keep the California theme or not, but who knows, they've really been showing us that from past years by keeping a distance with attractions that don't relate to the theme at all, so we might as well start off fresh by saying.................

STEP 1: Get rid of the C-A-L-I-F-O-R-N-I-A letters at the entrance.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Banned User

Re: Steps to Destroying the California Theme.....

I agree. Disney has shown they have no interest in upholding the true California theme or spirit by adding innovative attractions that go along with the theme. They are only interested in promoting movies so they can sell that many more DVD's. There are so many ideas they could of used but refuse to. As it is I see many people on this board come up with some amazing ideas from the La Brea tar pits to earthquake attractions. It is very possible to make this a successful theme park and they refuse to do so.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I've said it before, I like DCA as it is and wish it would stay the same...no changes.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by claribella
    I've said it before, I like DCA as it is and wish it would stay the same...no changes.

Just my opinion.
    With the way things are going and the way TDA is thinking, I don't think that's possible.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Ah I know...and that makes me sad

• Banned User

Either change the theme or get it in order. There are tons of ideas out there they could implement that don’t involve Pixar. It saddens me that they cannot come up with simple ideas like a San Francisco trolley that takes you around the park. There are so many nostalgic symbols in this great state, what is their problem? How about making a Ghirardelli Ice Cream parlor somewhere in there representing the original in San Francisco. Essentially take everything that is great about California and put it in one spot. Now that would be something to see if you do not have the time or the money to visit all of the individual icons and this would even appeal to the locals. I mean wouldn't it be cool if you could basically see everything that is great about california in a condensed form?
    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 02-07-2006 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    Either change the theme or get it in order. There are tons of ideas out there they could implement that don’t involve Pixar. It saddens me that they cannot come up with simple ideas like a San Francisco trolley that takes you around the park. There are so many nostalgic symbols in this great state, what is their problem? How about making a Ghirardelli Ice Cream parlor somewhere in there representing the original in San Francisco. Essentially take everything that is great about California and put it in one spot. Now that would be something to see if you do not have the time or the money to visit all of the individual icons and this would even appeal to the locals.
    I wanna say give it some time..its only been open 5 years..They barely did their first Halloween event this past October...

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Again, Just my humble opinion.

Either change the theme or get it in order. There are tons of ideas out there they could implement that don’t involve Pixar. It saddens me that they cannot come up with simple ideas like a San Francisco trolley that takes you around the park. There are so many nostalgic symbols in this great state, what is their problem? How about making a Ghirardelli Ice Cream parlor somewhere in there representing the original in San Francisco. Essentially take everything that is great about California and put it in one spot. Now that would be something to see if you do not have the time or the money to visit all of the individual icons and this would even appeal to the locals.
    I agree with you %100, if they don't do something fast, the whole will just get deeper and deeper until eventually they will have no way to get out of it, DCA could end up destroying itself permantly if this goes on any longer.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by claribella

I wanna say give it some time..its only been open 5 years..They barely did their first Halloween event this past October...

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Again, Just my humble opinion.
    Only 5 years? You talk like that is nothing. If Six Flags or any other park can add 1 new attraction a year or so I would hope Disney can do the same or at least every 2 years. That is truly what it is going to take and Disney is not willing to do it. Really the park should of been ready from the start but that is just me. It should have been worth that 59 dollars from the start and that is what I have a problem with. If they can do it in Tokyo they can sure as hell do it here. I am very passionate about Disney and their effort level. If I see a lack of money and lack of imagination you can bet your bottom dollar I will criticize them for it. But if they give me something amazing like fantasmic, remember, and Indy I will praise them from top to bottom.
    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 02-07-2006 at 07:22 PM.

Only 5 years? You talk like that is nothing. If Six Flags or any other park can add 1 new attraction a year or so I would hope Disney can do the same or at least every 2 years. That is truly what it is going to take and Disney is not willing to do it. Really the park should of been ready from the start but that is just me. It should of been worth that 59 dollars from the start and that is what I have a problem with. If they can do it in Tokyo they can sure as hell do it here.
    Then go to Six Flags.

Again, different opinions and I'm not complaining.

• Banned User

You do not understand where I am coming from. Disney has a product that is amazing most of the time and I love their product very deeply. I get very concerned when I see that quality bar slipping. In no way am I saying Six Flags is better, but I am saying they have managed to get the budget to make a new ride almost every year. If you compare the companies in terms of how much they make and such Disney could do the same if they wished. Some people accept failure and that is not what Disney is about in my opinion. You think in you're head wow how much better could of this been if they would of truly done a great job and you get depressed when they do not meet that mark.

You do not understand where I am coming from. Disney has a product that is amazing most of the time and I love their product very deeply. I get very concerned when I see that quality bar slipping. In no way am I saying Six Flags is better, but I am saying they have managed to get the budget to make a new ride almost every year. If you compare the companies in terms of how much they make and such Disney could do the same if they wished.
    I see what you are saying and yeah, I understand where you are coming from. I guess my personal philosphy is to not knock it until I've walked in their shoes...or something like that.

I get ya though :P

Well, one thing we can't deny is TDA giving us the screwjob, the budget was cut desperately, what did they expect, they shouldve known this would happen. I mean, look at MGM, EPCOT, and DAK, theyre all sucessful and have great themes, and when you look at DCA, it's the opposite. It's TDA's fault they cut the budget on us as well as the imagination, the magic and the quality. Their faulty budgets and ideas are what created something that cannot be fixed at the push of a button. I know this is an ongoing rant, but everything I've said is the truth.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE
    Well, one thing we can't deny is TDA giving us the screwjob, the budget was cut desperately, what did they expect, they shouldve known this would happen. I mean, look at MGM, EPCOT, and DAK, theyre all sucessful and have great themes, and when you look at DCA, it's the opposite. It's TDA's fault they cut the budget on us as well as the imagination, the magic and the quality. Their faulty budgets and ideas are what created something that cannot be fixed at the push of a button. I know this is an ongoing rant, but everything I've said is the truth.
    This is 100 percent true. It is TDA's fault and their fault alone. The theme is not the problem it is them. Hopefully with the new creative talent being injected into TDA we will get some quality for a change.

Please people, you have to stop looking through the Disney looking glass and start seeing with you're own two eyes. You can't defend DCA just becuse it's Disney, you can't even defend it solely becuse it's the little brother of the most famous theme park in the world. DCA has so many flaws and you know it, the theme is terribly mixed, the theme itself is a terrible theme in the first place and the quality they put into it with the less then what was needed budget created a %100 half-a$$ed theme park, i'm sorry if you don't agree with me but you really got to look at DCA, don't pay any attention to no one but yourself and youre real thoughts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast